Achievement Guide and Road Map (1750)

The Pants Party

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've not started the campaign yet, sorry if it's a stupid question, but are you sure that 4 players are better than 2 for the Insane playtrough?

Is there any point in the game where the four players get separated and each one could die instantly?

I'm worried that even 1 less skilled player could mean a lot of checkpoint restart...

4 players can be more difficult because now you have twice the chance - if you were playing with two players - that someone in your team will die, and result to restart from checkpoint. On the other hand, you got two more body to come and save you. With that said, if two players stick together, this picking down ally shouldn't be too much trouble.

Depending on players style and skill, 2, 3, or 4.... it doesn't matter. I believe it is more personal reference.

P.S. One million hour.... if my cal is not mistaken....

~41,666 days.

Or ~801 weeks

Or ~66 years.

Maaaaaannnn.... this is the longest game to achieve 100% :p :) :drunk

That correct? It's almost 3:30 AM here, and my head is falling asleep.

Note: doing the cal for fun, not to be taken seriously.

For the execution achievement, I have them all except the Cleaver. I have played almost 100 rounds of Horde and only had the Cleaver appear on two of those levels. Are there any other ways to do this or do I just have to keep playing Horde and hope that I get lucky?

You can only get certain excecutions in horde anyway. Not sure if the cleaver is one of them.

I suggest loading up chapter 2 - House of sand. There was a few cleaver dudes there.

Does anyone know which chapter the one shot is in. It's the last ones i need.

Edited by GDMFS0AB

"Welcome to the big leagues" description is not quite accurate. (as a few have stated they are also having issues)

I played Gears 1 mostly campaign "some multiplayer" none of gears 2 on this profile, and no beta. I had and still have access to Casual. I jumped right into standard, but went back and played a few matches in casual (thinking you actually needed to play casual, as per achievement description) and did not receive the achievement. However I did recieve my rewards for having some of the gears 1 achievements, so I know the game recognizes I have played previously. I read somewhere that casual is no longer available to those that were able to access it at level 18. I am at 17 and about to play a few matches, so I will update if the cheevo pops, and if my casual access disappears.

I don't know what happens to those that have access to casual but surpass the point where it is no longer available without playing it. Could this possibly turn into an unachievable after that point? Similar to C&C "skipping the tutorials" missables for 0G. We will see, and as stated, I will break 18 probably in casual matches, and see what happens.

Thanks for the replies, everyone. I added some of the tips to the guide, fixed some of the spelling and informational errors and added some more questions that we need to clarify for "Welcome to the Big Leagues" - seems like that one isn't quite working as intended and we need to nail down exactly what you need on your Hard Drive or Gamertag for the game to recognize you've already played the series before, as well as what requirements have to be met if you do get stuck in Casual.

Predni: I did see your video when I was looking for one to use, but I didn't really want to use it since it's in German. I know you have the English text, but it was just off-putting for me for some reason. Hope that doesn't sound rude. :/

Another guide Pants. As for the Socialite Achievement Ive come up with theory as to why it doesn't work for some. The event is for you to unlock your gold weapons and if you already have so many achievements in Gears 2 and or played the beta then you will unlock the gold weapons as soon as you load the game, so in theory because you already have the gold weapons the game wont log in the events progress because you cant unlock them.

Also the next Event is the weekend after next (Big head mode) So if a patch hasn't been released to sort it out (Hopefully not) then it could still work then.

You can only get certain excecutions in horde anyway. Not sure if the cleaver is one of them.

I suggest loading up chapter 2 - House of sand. There was a few cleaver dudes there.

Does anyone know which chapter the one shot is in. It's the last ones i need.

The One Shot is in Act 3 when you defend Anvil Gate or in Act 2 when you sneak into the Locust base to hijack the Gas-Barge ( when you have to kill the guards without them sounding the alarm.)

Also: I got the 0G achievement when i started up Gears 3: Played 1+2, completed both of them on insane, and am a level 100 in Gears 2, hope that helps figuring out when this unlocks...^^'

If the Cleaver is in the campaign (thanks for the suggestion), then no execution requires Horde mode. I did every single execution in Versus mode except the Cleaver. This method obviously requires you to unlock the weapons' executions, but that is something I wanted to do anyway since I play Versus and Horde alot.

Also, kills with the Butcher in Beast mode don't count, in case anyone was wondering...

Edited by Suiken

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/achievements/1401/UPv+7N4=.jpgThat's Just Crazy 75 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/site/gp-g.png

Complete all campaign Acts on Insane Difficulty (Standard or Arcade).

Insane difficulty is unlocked by first completing the game on any other difficulty. I would suggest saving your Insane playthrough to couple with the 4-player "We Few, We Happy Few..." achievement, as that will make it quite a bit easier.

The trick from Gears 2 returns here as well. If you have a friend who would like to help you, they can set their difficulty in co-op to Casual while you play on Insane, and they will be able to mow down all the enemies while you hang back out of danger. So long as your personal difficulty is set to Insane you'll get credit for it - however, they will not.

In the Chapter Select menu, you will see an icon in the upper right corner indicating which difficulty you have completed it in.

I've joined someone elses game in co-op. There's no way to change difficulty from the menus? It always puts me on the skill level of the last single campaign I load.

For instance if I join another player in co-op after loading a campaign myself on insane it sticks me on insane even if they are on casual. I cannot see any way to change this?

Basically to get help on insane other players need to load up a casual save first then join you.

It's not like when you're playing by yourself though. You'll still have to pickup your partner, although you'll have to be quick about it.

I'm under the impression that 4-players in campaign does break the game as it seems it was built for 2 players, but decided to have 4-player co-op anyway.

You cannot be revived on Insane. If you get dropped you instantly die. Regardless of single player or co-op.

I believe on the very first chapter of Act III there's one behind the left turret if you're facing the area the Locust are spawning at during the very first fight

in the mission where you have to shoot the guys before they sound the horn, there is one (maybe 2) next to the crates after you shoot the 1st guy and before the next two.

It isn't just tons of hours, MVP (most points in a match) just to name one, takes a lot of skill to get the number required, Onyx will probably be at least 500 probably more unless Private matches count for medals, which I doubt... even then millions of hours of boosting like Pants said.

(Well after posting I was informed a lot of these can be done solo in private with bots, so not that hard, but Horde and campaign on insane will still be pretty tough)

For Big Leagues (I said I would edit but there have been a lot of replies) I played a few matches, am now 20 I can still access casual mode and did not receive the achievement. I could have sworn I heard/read somewhere that once at 18 casual becomes unavailable, but obviously this is not the case, at the very least for me. I even restarted the game to "reload" all the progress and same thing applies. SO I don't know what to say.

Edited by Midnight Malice