Known Glitches

ShaneForWax

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the presence of glitches is substantially reduced if you install the game instead of just playing from the disk. I know that was true with Fallout 3. Besides the odd radscorpion getting stuck between a rock and a hill when chasing me (not complaining), I haven't really had any issues. Just a thought. I think the load times are reduced a bit too.

I have the game installed and it's still a glitchfest.

I'm not sure if it's just this one mod or all of them ...

But I recommend NOT putting any mods on the Classic Pack Weathered 10mm Pistol. I put a laser sight on it, and it totally broke the gun - it turned it into one of those huge exclamation points error things (people who played Fallout 3 might remember them from the broken version of the Pitt DLC).

Yeah this happened to me too, So I don't even use my weathered 10mil anymore. It's collecting dust in my hotel room.

game froze on me once already, in the first 15 minutes.

just like old times!

I've had this game freeze on my so many times...worst part of this game is when the bastard freezes.

Also in a metro tunnel right by the Boomers airforce base towards the middle of the tunnel (which has a very hard lock on the entrance and exit door btw) there is a set of stairs that go into a room. Well the stairs are a portal to no where. You fall right through and warp back to the entrance. The ghouls all fall in and never come back. I tried jumping over, or ledge creeping to get in the room but no good. I just keep falling through and ending up back at the entrance. I kept a separate save file right there so I can make a video, because honestly I think it's kinda funny.

Sometimes my gun will just no fire. I will hit the button and it wont fire then 3 seconds later the gun will fire faster to compensate.

Also had that happen alot and also...

Locks not appearing in Lockpick minigame, freezing, enemies stuck in the ground, the vit'o'meter (or whatever the stat machine is called) not showing the visuals (stat levels) but still able to move the stats up and down, going into vats and just watching my character just stand there and not do anything ( no buttons would work) until I died, etc. Also at Camp McCarran area my game has been skipping where it will temp freeze them jump to where I would have been if I continued walking.

But the worst was when I tried to fast travel one time my screen went black except for a single grayish line about 1/10 from the bottom of the screen and there was this extremely loud high pitched beep and my whole system shut off.

Edited by Coorhagon

I've had continuous game freezes and I've installed it on my HD thinking that might be the issue. That's been my biggest headache since playing this. I actually had 3 within 45 min of each other; two were when I was buying bullets off of a caravan and the third was when I was leaving a building (the saloon in Boulder City). I have had alot of hanging games on leaving buildings and awaking after being SLP deprived. They've already kicked out an update, I installed and got the same crap. Cleared the cache and played without the update and it's been a little better. I even through in Fable to see if there were any issues with the console and I've had no issues so far with it.

I was finishing up the 'That Lucky Old Sun' mission, after I alligned the mirrors and turned on the tower, and my pip-boy turned bright blue. I could not read anything on it at all. I thought I got a heavy dose of radiation and it was causing some technical difficulties but after 10 minutes or so I loaded up my last save and it was all good.

I have had the game lag in a few spots and even got stuck once in a truck but just loading past saves fixed it.

They could never fix the glitches in this game and I would still love playing every minute of it! By the way I think the deathclaws are like 10x's harder then in FO3

This one is driving me crazy... Just east of Raul's shack there is a short tunnel and you need 100 lockpick to get in from either side and there is only one room in there and when you start to enter it you fall through the ground!!!! are you kidding me som1 plz test this see if its for everybody

I've had the disappearing guns glitch and the moving gun hand thing happen too but what just happened to me takes the cake. Every NPC on the strip suddenly went hostile and came after me. I went to reload my save since i've had that happen before at an NCR post but when i went to load the save it told me that my DLC was unavailable and if i load the save some items might not be available. I dont really care so i load the save anyway and then it tells me that it cant find my hard drive. Its doing this for every save i have.

I've tried deleting the DLC and redownloading so far but no dice. I'm gonna try a few other things in the morning. I knew this game was going to be buggy but jesus.

Ever since installing the patch the other day I can't even play the game, as soon as I hit RB the game instantly freezes and I have to restart my xbox, then when I fast travel same thing, and finally when I start heading towards Novac (I'm only a few hours into the game) it instantly freezes heading up the main road after leavin Nipton. Tryed installing to HD, uninstalling, playing with and without the patches both ways and the game just keeps freezing. It's pretty much unplayable right now.

A few of my experiences:

While talking with Mr. House the dialogue locked up and I couldn't select anything or exit the dialogue, but the game wasn't frozen since I could pause, reload, etc.

While on a computer terminal nothing showed up but I could still activate things, the noises would play when choosing an option and I could back out of it.

The weirdest one I have seen so far was, for some reason, whenever I zoomed in with a scoped weapon it would just show me a blank terminal, I could still fire but couldn't see anything.

First let me note that I've played the game for about 29 hours and the only problem I had before now was 1 random freeze (playing on 360, installed to HD)

But now I've come across my first huge bug. Everytime I encounter the Brotherhood of Steel at Hidden Valley, right after I tell the guy I will comply, the game freezes. No matter what I do, it freezes (and yes I tried clearing the cache).

It's very frustrating because I really wanted to talk to them, but this seems like an on-disc problem that can't be solved until a patch comes.

Ive just had the odd enemies stuck in the ground thing. The game hasnt frozen on me yet and i havnt gotten stuck anywhere (touch wood).

One strange thing i did experience was last night on hardcore mode(which was a bonus really). I played for about 3 hours and the sleep meter was constantly at 0 except it didnt even say 0 there was no number and it didnt move. food and drink continued to increase as i played but no sleep and i didnt have any effect from any food items active. When i loaded it up this morning it was back to working again.

Let's see...

1. Luckily I've only had one game freeze but that was when I tried to kill 4 or 5 geckos that occupied the same space.

2. I've been chased by critters that have fallen into the ground, but I'm amused by being chased by the top of a gecko head or a scorpion's stinger.

3. Several times I've fast-traveled only to have a nearby scorpion corpse teleport with me and embed itself in the ground, twitching. I'll always have one stuck in the dirt in front of the bar in Goodsprings.

4. My favorite is the infamous placeholder, though. Got mine after modding the Weathered 10mm with a laser scope.

At HELIOS, as I went to the area with the solar panels, as soon as the game loaded:

Three Mole Rats, Old Lady Gibson and her dogs just randomly appeared and started attacking me... haha, so I had to put them all down and it just became one of those "WTF?" moments.

It could have been that I used my Speech to make her kill her dog, Rey, so I could have his brain for Rex, but I have no clue. Haha. Some regret/grief?

I had quite a unique one, I'd just left a random house south of New Vegas, soon as I left, auto-save kicked in, and my right analogue stick wouldn't work, so I couldn't look around.

I checked settings, inverted controls, changed the controller and nothing worked. I loaded up an earlier save and it worked entirely fine again. Just glad I saved 5 minutes earlier and not 2 hours earlier.

I have a problem with the Thorn area. I paid to see a Fire Gecko fight some Fiends but they just stare at each other lol. Now the lady you ask to fight in the area just say's "Talk to me once the fight is over".

I jumped into the area to see if that would help but everyone just shot at me lol.

Edit - I managed to fix my problem. I used a chinese stealth suit with a stealth boy and shot the gecko with a silenced smg. This didn't give my postion away, once the gecko died the crowed cheered and I could finally talk to the woman again. So if your having trouble with enemies not attacking each other in Thorn try this, it worked for me first time.

Edited by JonnyNumber1

train tunnel near the boomers home base, with a door locked requiring 100 lock-pick to pick, inside the only room can access has a glitched stair case leading into the room. this stair cash will drop you under the map (as well as anything else in the game, enemys, items, companions) and just place you back at the door...

it wont kill you, and it never crashed my game, but i assume if there is anything decent to be looted its in that room :(

Been playing for a few hours and found:

-Fought some nightkin one time and they still stayed cloaked while attacking.

-If you convince Chris he's a ghoul in "come fly with me" and you complete the quest, he'll never go to Novac.

-Random creatures stuck in the ground.

-A random game crash after leaving the saloon in Goodsprings.

-Got stuck in some geometry in the mountains to the East.

-My movement fucked up and sometimes when I moved I was semi-stuck and unable to for a second or two. My gun also wouldn't shoot at times. Reloading my save fixed this.

Despite this shit, it's still a very fun game. I predicted that it was gonna blow Fallout 3 to the moon and I was right! :)

Edited by Jet1337

ive had the game freeze lots, ammo auto switches and doesnt switch back(have to unequip and then reequip), edd-e follows me but hes invisable so i cant send him away and get a new companion, guns shoot without pulling the trigger, arms dissapear, load tyms suck even loaded to the hard drive, the game is great i love the fallout series, the game just needs some major patches. its not going to stop me from playing it, its just dissapointing.

Ive encountered a one hell of a bug , so I've sided with the NCR the entire time (have them at Idolized) and ive been wearing the rangers veterans armor for a while now and I took it off for a bit and now all the NCR is hostile towards me :wtf and my last save is over 16 hours ago T_T god damn this shit

Edited by Dark Killa94