Can't beat Deathstroke, any tips?

Rascalov

I can get him down to about 60% health, but after that he goes into a God Mode where he blocks and counters every attack. I'm countering every chance I get, but sometimes the counter icon doesn't appear. Not sure what I'm supposed to do here. It feels like they made this guy super hard to appease people who thought the bosses in Asylum and City were too easy. I think a lot of people will hate this part. I'm off to try again :D

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can get him down to about 60% health, but after that he goes into a God Mode where he blocks and counters every attack. I'm countering every chance I get, but sometimes the counter icon doesn't appear. Not sure what I'm supposed to do here. It feels like they made this guy super hard to appease people who thought the bosses in Asylum and City were too easy. I think a lot of people will hate this part. I'm off to try again :D

Damn you're already at Deathstroke?! :eek:

Damn you're already at Deathstroke?! :eek:

hes early in the game...

also took me about an hour to beat him, all i did was when you counted if he leans back or to the side then attack if not the just be patient... patience is the best thing for this fight .. i tried to beat him quickly and got no where then i just countered most of what he threw at me and it took around 30 mins to beat him.

Also the sides are a good way to get a few free jabs. .. when hes near it just counted then always hit him ... you get 1 or 2 jabs then it auto rolls him outta the corner/wall so he cant counter you.

beat him after three tries - he is tough if your rusty in blocking. a mix of quick grapple then attack and the timing of hitting that Y button is key, Hit that Y button too late or too early and you will be punished, if he has his sword out then punished severly

Yeah it is all about the countering of counters really, just coming off 6 hours throwing everything at him which just got me killed every single time.

Pace yourself and time your attacks, make sure to be prepared to dodge everything at any given time.

If you attack and get countered time yourself on the counter during the QTE Animation. That goes out to every one spamming buttons or just don't get on how you handle Deathstrokes counters. If you patiently wait until the counter events you're having a much easier time. Just could imagine if they're taking QTE out of I'm the Night mode this is even more horrible. Messed up on not shamozzling the Counters but could give it another 90 minutes to get to the battle with him. It is indeed the Hardest Boss Battle in all Arkham games yet if you don't get what to do properly and when, so WB Montreal put a good effort in making this rewarding :)

Spent an hour last night failing at Deathstroke.

Loaded the game up this morning and beat him on 2nd attempt. It is all about the countering.

Didn't get achievement though as clearly missed a couple of counters. Will need to start a new game later, as didn't keep save.

Didn't want it to start ruining my experience of the game just trying to get the achievement and not progressing the story.

Have to agree for being quite early on in the game - found him bloody hard to beat.

For me came down to using grapple pull and then hitting X which on most occasions clothes lined him. When not doing that was just patience and countering.

Pointless just thinking you can jump in and spam X attack.

Missed the achievement for not missing any counters and will look for that on my new game plus. :eek:

I struggled, and by struggled I mean I came close to putting anything close to hand through my tv and then I stopped and just watched the animations run when ever Dickstroke starting countering and watched what Batman and this was when I had my epiphany.

For Arkham veterans you're more than likely listening for the queue to counter as well as the visual queues. This will lead you to think that you should be tapping counter when Dickstroke is hitting you with light attacks and this is the mistake I was making.

For example, when Dickstroke is on his full health bar he counters with what looks like two light strikes then a heavy strike, but if you watch Batman he counters those two light strikes automatically, just let Batman do his thing and wait, when Dickstroke winds up for the heavy strike, provided you've not hit counter for the light strikes, you'll then get the prompt to counter.

TL;DR, Don't try and counter light strikes, watch Batman drop his guard, that's where you take over.

I would've had the achievement for not missing a counter if I hadn't missed one counter, to be honest I had spent 2 hours on Thursday night and an hour on Friday night trying to crack him and couldn't face reloading the save on this play through again. With my method in mind you won't need to spam combat grapples, just steam in with standard strikes because it's much quicker to take him down with counter QTE's.

Feel free to ask questions if I've not been concise enough.

I don't understand this fucking Deathstroke fight.

It's not that I am missing the counters, it's that sometimes when I go to attack him, he performs a swinging animation that has no counter button prompt and it automatically hits me - voiding the achievement.

Any tips?

Hey yeah I having same problem. I face to this boss moment and still haven't manage beat him yet. So I see some others been said it is possible bugs and glitches visible counter button prompt. I unsure but it is possible.

Really like know more information on this tips. I still couldn't do since sometime wouldn't show prompt. :(

Edit: Got achievement now. :):):):):):)

Edited by cheevo360

BiggD and Cheevo,

I'm having the same problem you two mentioned. I can counter every attack that has either the symbols over his head or QTE. I've done it so many times that countering each one is very simple. The problem comes from the combo he throws with no ability to counter.

I've been at this for 2 days straight and every attempt ends with a reset after being hit by one of these combos.

I've tried:

1) using only one follow up attack to a counter, to make sure that an attack doesn't interfere with one of his attacks.

2) jump over him after successfully countering an attack, and throwing a single hit of my own.

3) using the batclaw, a often as it will allow me before he starts dodging it.

Each time the method works for a while, but he always throws at least one of those "unannounced" combos that hits me, causing me to fail.

I've tried using only the counter button, with no attacks in the match, however (unless I am mistaken) a counter alone, gives no damage without some follow up attack. This results in causing no damage, but he never throws that combo, meaning that it is caused an attack by batman.

Any help you guys can give me is greatly appreciated.

my method was

- basic X attacks. dont go crazy and mash but time them one second apart (X, one mississippi, X, one mississippi etc). this did surprisingly well but that might have been dumb luck so its worth a try.

- when possible use the quick-claw (RT+Y) and youll do a clothesline attack. you can spam this to a point but he can dodge them

- when you get the Quick Time Events to press Y do so as flawlessly as possible and youll do damage in the cinematic

- sooner or later he'll use a flashbomb and attack you head on. again use Y to counter and then mash X. i got as high as a x25combo and as low as x18. once the cinematic ends immediately press Y+B for a power takedown.

- finally when he uses the claw on you prepare to hit Y. you'll throw the canister at him, do some damage and be vulnerable for a claw or rush in and lay a smack down.

the jumping-over thing did nothing for me because of the camera angles and the cape stun did even less because he just rolled away. i dont know if its just me or the programmers had logic but if YOU were a mercenary like Slade would you fall for little gimmicks like that?

anyways in all reality once you get the timing down the battle isnt that hard so good luck :)

Edited by ApocalypticJoker

i counter whenever it prompts me to. but more often then not it misses and i get hit. why doesn't it work?

i should mention that the light around the xbox home button keeps on spinning almost constantly. maybe it's not registering my key presses?

i have got him down to his sword several times but he's so fast with it timing counters is nigh on impossible.

should i just counter and only attack during the QTE? if so how would i cause him damage? without punching him a few times and only countering the fight would go on forever without either character being damaged.

it's so frustrating. i've been stuck on this boss since Friday night and i get so angry that i end up mashing buttons in frustration!! :mad:

- sooner or later he'll use a flashbomb and attack you head on. again use Y to counter and then mash X. i got as high as a x25combo and as low as x18. once the cinematic ends immediately press Y+B for a power takedown.

i did not know this was possible. since he just dodges cape stun i didn't even attempt a power takedown. i'm gonna try it.

Edited by Massacher

Do you need to not get hit at all? I try to hit him sometimes and he counters me... but there's no option to counter his counter...

The achievement specifically says don't miss a counter, but can I get hit by him at all? I'm just wondering if that effects the achievement popping?

I just did this fight a few hours ago, and I can confirm that as far as the achievement goes, you DO NOT have to counter his normal attacks at all. I evaded all of his regular attacks and used the batclaw method. When he turns up the juice and starts dodging everything, just throw a batarang at him and quickly use the batclaw, and it should grab him.

As far as the QTE's go, there is the one that allows you to beat him down, which does a lot of damage to him and is very easy. There's the one where he remote claws you and a smoke canister; for this you can press Y a few times before you actually get the prompt and it will still give you the counter. There's one where he attacks you in an animation and you need to press Y just once, and the one where you need to press Y 3 times - I always press it once and only when it gives the prompt as I'm pretty sure it fails otherwise. Maybe there was another QTE, but I don't recall.

i counter whenever it prompts me to. but more often then not it misses and i get hit. why doesn't it work?

i should mention that the light around the xbox home button keeps on spinning almost constantly. maybe it's not registering my key presses?

i have got him down to his sword several times but he's so fast with it timing counters is nigh on impossible.

should i just counter and only attack during the QTE? if so how would i cause him damage? without punching him a few times and only countering the fight would go on forever without either character being damaged.

it's so frustrating. i've been stuck on this boss since Friday night and i get so angry that i end up mashing buttons in frustration!! :mad

im not sure why it wouldnt work. my controller is dying too and i had no problems with the counters for the most part. it may just be your timing but i couldnt honestly say.

if you get him to his sword youre doing something right so try the batarang+batclaw combo to do some damage.

counters alone wont do a whole lot and the longer the fight goes the more likely you are to slip up so keep trying and eventually youll get it.

i suck at explaining things like this so hopefully im making sense. also keep in mind that Deathstroke is still the first assassin so its all uphill from here ;)

ALSO FORGOT TO MENTION! not every counter gets a prompt, only the cinematic ones do. outside of cinematics you still need to look for the squiggles over his head to be successful.

Edited by ApocalypticJoker

Do you need to not get hit at all? I try to hit him sometimes and he counters me... but there's no option to counter his counter...

The achievement specifically says don't miss a counter, but can I get hit by him at all? I'm just wondering if that effects the achievement popping?

This is exactly the problem I am having. Any ideas from anyone how to avoid his counter attacks?