Halo Wars Multiplayer Strategy Guide

Bluntman428

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be going much further into details regarding how to use units to win games in the sections devoted to each individual leader. I wouldn't include that kinda info in the descriptions for units because different units are better with some leaders than others.

I think ya'll will be pleasantly surprised with the sections for each leader. I have some truly diabolical strategies with some of them. ;)

I'll also be including strategies for each map, along with detailed diagrams.

Should all be done this weekend. I'm not sticking to that as a deadline though as this is quite a bit of work. In Word what I've done so far amounts to over 6500 words and 22 pages. :p

EDIT: Oh, and you're finding that your Cobras get chewed up by experienced players because Cobras just flat out suck in most situations. They're great against Scarabs and that's about it. The only other thing they're good for is if you deploy a few around your base they act as extra turrets.

Excellent...

And yeah I pretty much figured as much about the cobras :(

Added Covenant unit info.

Individual Leader strats coming next.

If anyone can find any good pics of the multiplayer maps and can hook me up with them, send me a PM please.

hey, here is a tip for vampires that you should add to this.

vampires can rape a fully upgraded prophet. once the prophet gets flight ability the stasis drain Y move stuns him so that he can't move or fire his laser beam.

i am hoping that this info at least helps someone on the site. ;)

vampires can rape a fully upgraded prophet. once the prophet gets flight ability the stasis drain Y move stuns him so that he can't move or fire his laser beam.

Didn't know about that trick, thanks for the heads up.

I'll be updating the guide more over the next week. I had to stop work on it temporarily cause I bombed a math quiz and I needed to focus on getting back up to speed before my test monday night.

Too much Halo Wars is screwing up my GPA. :p

Dude im sorry but your gonna have to take that sig off, i literally cant stop staring at it lol, what movie is it from btw?

On topic though, thanks for the guide OP, atleast now i know i dont suck, i kept getting rapped by hawks online when i was covenant even though i had a fleet of vampires so atleast now i know the vampires suck and not me. Oh and as a little tip, fully upgraded jackals rape ODST's, considering they both come out at about the same pace you can stop an ODST rush with jackals, and to improve their efficiency try to keep your distance cause their range is another advantage.

On that note i would assume flame marines also rape ODST's though i am yet to actually test this out.

Oh and also about the cyclops, they are useful in terms of repairing individual units and parts of your base after an all round attack and the healing circle cant cover everything, also they work the same ass engineers(except they cost less and can actually attack) so sending in a couple of them with your grizzlies is also very useful. All im trying to say is dont under estimate the usefull ness of these guys, i always leave a couple around my base repairing damage and whatnot, they are considerably cheaper than the healing ring and can be used even if your opponent D-bombs you.

Edited by jak d ripr

Great guide so far, thanks very much :D

I've found I prefer the Prophet, I usually build him first then use him to take on other bases and the like. One issue I did have though is that I was playing against a player who rush researched hawks, so my army of honour guards were useless. Vampires weren't doing a thing so in an act of desperation I decided to make a swarm of grunts. I expected them to be awful but in high numbers (which is quick and cheap to do) they're really effective, the absolutely destroyed the enemies army of hawks, even more so when I full upgraded them.

I think they're generally superior to marines, problem with standard marines is they only really get 1 combat upgrade, new blood. Yeah they get the rocket launchers, but in most battles this is only 2 or 3 shots from this. The grunts get an extra man, upgraded weapons then upgraded with the deacon, all help with their basic attack. IMO the strength of the covenant lies in their leaders and infantry, the vehicles aren't so good. Ghosts make great scouts, but that's it really, wraiths are a bit weak and locusts aren't effective against troops and vehicles and scarabs are putting too many eggs in one basket IMO.

Nevermind about my first post, tought this was gonna be a topic full of rush strategys...

To the point:

Dam this guide is freakishly awesome, can i have some private time with it??:D

No serieusly, wonder job dude. A shame a quited halo wars because my teammates where always 8 years old and my enemys where freaking good.. always..

Dude im sorry but your gonna have to take that sig off, i literally cant stop staring at it lol, what movie is it from btw?

i believe that it is from the movie Bill, and it came out in 2007.

and to all the people dissing on vampires... they rape hawks. you just have to use the Y button(when upgraded). yes you actually have to do something.

Banshees are quite possibly the most effective early-game unit for the Covenant. They can be trained from the Summit as soon as you research the Age of Doubt upgrade from the Temple, and are excellent for making hit and run maneuvers on enemy bases.

Might have been a misunderstanding but Banshees can be trained once your temple is built and the Age of Doubt is not required.

nice guide , although i have to disagree on the gremlins , as a couple of upgraded gremlins can wipe out 20 or so guass cannon warthogs, i find gremlins are being used more and more now that ppl know that the can easily stop a warthog rush.