Don't get Cocky achievement..... RIDONKULOUS!!!

Hero2None

I think opening the airlock gets rid of the purple gas clouds, which might make it easier to spot the asteroids but I never bothered with it. The best advice I received for this was to focus on the large/fast asteroids and also be aware of the timing. The whole sequence lasts 2 minutes. Hammond will talk twice: once when there's 1 minute remaining and again when there's 30 seconds remaining.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You just have to prioritise on the large and fast asteroids. But, also go for the asteroids which, require the least amount of movement to reach. Apart from the large asteroids, I only ever used the right cannon and I tended to hold it down for a second or two, release and then, hold it down again, this helped avoid overheating. Also, I found I often got caught out when there were asteroids at opposite extremes (far left and far right) and I tried to get both of them - almost always I'd go for one, be moving to shoot the other but, I'd have some large or fast or group of asteroids appear in the middle before I reached it and this would often throw me off balance so, if you have asteroids at opposite extremes just, go for the fastest or biggest. You have to let some slip through. You just have to maintain focus but, not get flustered.

Sure, why not :)

I tried it a LOT of times on my first playthrough, seriously a LOT ...in the end I got it on my insane difficulty run without even trying.. didn't even notice until the achievement popped up.. was weird.

hahaha

I've heard from a lot of people that it took the piss, but im glad i managed to get it relatively easily.

Time to start through on insane now though :[

wish me luck

It baffles me why some are having SO much trouble with this achievement. I understand if it takes you a handful of tries, I did it on my 3rd try personally...but 30, 40 tries? I don't mean to insult anyone, but, if you can't get it in that many tries, you either need to go play something else or you just suck at that part of this game, it is not THAT hard. After reading threads about this I thought I'd be stuck on this for hours, I barely failed on my first two tries and nailed it on my third, had about 70 percent left, it makes me wonder about some who have tried it before...

Edited by bblcreator8790

From what I've learned, it's not hard... just utterly frustrating at times. I'd say it took me about 10 or more tries (probably the same amount with the Slug Boss).

I will admit that even though good aiming skill definitely helps, there really is some part of luck to it. The only advice I have is to keep trying. You should get lucky, or at least build up your skill on this wonderful mini-game.

If it makes you feel any better, I'm going for the Epic achievment (150 GS). Impossible mode can feel a bit difficult at times. The good thing is that the difficulty of the asteroid shooter is always the same across all the difficulty modes.

well i completed my 1st pass of this game sometime in Jan of this year, and stopped playing the game. i didn't get the achievement back then and yes i had difficulty with it.

till just today - decided to load it up again. and give this achieve a try - admit i used the tips given by posters above - up the brightness, even upped my contrast abit to see those larger asteroids from afar. the tip to decompress the room helped, but i didn't use it. got it on my 3rd try - which had a script that bunched all the asteroids mostly in the middle.

i can only encourage everyone who is still struggling to give it another try - or at least stop if you're getting frustrated and attempt it later. all the best!

Edited by basis

• 2 weeks later...
I took another 15+ tries at it last night. Still nothing.

Hammond is a bastard. Right as he says "just one more minute" everything goes to hell immediately.

TELL ME ABOUT IT!! I found this to be 1 of the most difficult achievements to get since you can barely see the rocks coming towards you, then you have to make sure that you don't overheat your guns, THEN you need to make sure that you only get the ones right in front of you. This must have taken me at least 20 attempts. I still remember only using the right gun on my first go because i didn't realise that you had to press the left trigger for the left gun.

• 2 weeks later...

I thought it would be a lot harder than it was. At first it sucks because of the controls, but once you sit down to earn the acheive I found each wave easier and easier until I beat it with over 70 % hull integrity.

I'm not one of those people who's going to say "it's easy" about something that clearly isn't just because I did it, but with patience it should be managable.

This one wasnt to bad imo not saying it was easy but took me only 4 tries just have to focus on your aim and pressing both triggers at the same time i found on my 1st 2 attmepts that not pressing both triggers at the same time makes it harder and avoid overheating your gun is a plus.. as yoda says use the force lmao

I think this achievement has a lot to do with luck. I tried 3 times and missed by about 5% each time. On the fourth try it was suddenly much easier with significantly fewer asteroids in the second half (after Hammond says he's almost done).

Aside from luck I also think it is important to try and focus on the fast and big rocks. :)

• 2 weeks later...

wow - finally done it!!took me about 30 attempts. I came on here and read some tips.

The best tip for me on here, was the always fire with both triggers (don't hold down.) A double burst is more likely to hit the asteroid if you are slightly off with aiming, and sometimes takesout an asteroid floating nearby the one you want too.

The scripted event i had was slightly easier, I guess, but not overly so. none of them seemed easy at all, although one I had was a massive meteroite blitz!!

I'm glad I finally got this. Now I only need to beat the game on hard! Just keep trying, whoever doesn't have it still, you'll get it eventually.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...