Guest Scotty
Wait...WHAT? Explain!!

That's all it's worth...

:biglaugh

--------------------------------------

I recently bought 5 piss-easy games for their piss-easy achievements. I got Megamind, Lost: Via Domus, Cloudy with a chance of Meatballs, TMNT and Disney's UP. They together cost me the best part of 60 quid!! Why are these easy gamerscore games always so ruddy expensive?!?

After starting one of the LEGO games(Pirates) I'm also thinking about acquiring a LEGO game collection. I will be getting the Lord of the Rings one and the Hobbit one for definite, but the others i will buy here and there until i have them all. I don't fancy spending upwards of £100 for them all, probably even a lot more, so i'll wait until the new ones become old and start to pick them up.

That's all it's worth...

:biglaugh

--------------------------------------

I recently bought 5 piss-easy games for their piss-easy achievements. I got Megamind, Lost: Via Domus, Cloudy with a chance of Meatballs, TMNT and Disney's UP. They together cost me the best part of 60 quid!! Why are these easy gamerscore games always so ruddy expensive?!?

After starting one of the LEGO games(Pirates) I'm also thinking about acquiring a LEGO game collection. I will be getting the Lord of the Rings one and the Hobbit one for definite, but the others i will buy here and there until i have them all. I don't fancy spending upwards of £100 for them all, probably even a lot more, so i'll wait until the new ones become old and start to pick them up.

Nope....not good enough.

I was about to buy Two worlds for $2 and the guy at GS talked me out of it.

My backlog has just grown again today! I bought:

• Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag - I bought a brand new copy of this for $20! It was the only game in the entire Assassin's Creed series that I did not have (yes, I own all of the spin-offs as well), so now I can say that I own the entire series...until Assassin's Creed: Rouge and Assassin's Creed: Unity come out. :p
  • Fable: The Journey - It was the last game I needed to buy to have all of the retail Fable games, and since I love playing the Fable games, I had to buy this one as well. I know it is not as good as the main series, but I am willing to give it a try and do my best to enjoy it anyway.
  • Darksiders - I remember Creech recommended this to me a while ago, and I saw it in Gamestop for under $10, so I decided to finally buy it. The Gamestop worker also encouraged me to buy it and said it was an excellent game!
  • Kinect National Geographic - It was only $3.50, and I figured it would be a nice and easy 1000:gsicon: to enjoy. It seems like it was a good deal to buy used too since the new copy is $30 for some reason.

My backlog has just grown again today! I bought:

• Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag - I bought a brand new copy of this for $20! It was the only game in the entire Assassin's Creed series that I did not have (yes, I own all of the spin-offs as well), so now I can say that I own the entire series...until Assassin's Creed: Rouge and Assassin's Creed: Unity come out. :p
  • Fable: The Journey - It was the last game I needed to buy to have all of the retail Fable games, and since I love playing the Fable games, I had to buy this one as well. I know it is not as good as the main series, but I am willing to give it a try and do my best to enjoy it anyway.
  • Darksiders - I remember Creech recommended this to me a while ago, and I saw it in Gamestop for under $10, so I decided to finally buy it. The Gamestop worker also encouraged me to buy it and said it was an excellent game!
  • Kinect National Geographic - It was only $3.50, and I figured it would be a nice and easy 1000:gsicon: to enjoy. It seems like it was a good deal to buy used too since the new copy is $30 for some reason.

We are boosting Black Flag....PLEASE!

Seriously we can boost it pretty easily in Wolf Pack Mode. You'll enjoy Darksiders. Great game!

\Why are these easy gamerscore games always so ruddy expensive?!?

The main reason is because games like those tend to be poor sellers and don't have as large of a production run, thus making them rarer. Otherwise, if they sell well, they wind up in the $15-20 budget game section and stay there for quite some time.

Wait...WHAT? Explain!!

Yeah, I want to hear how this was done too.

Amazon has COD: Ghosts for $21.99 right now (or as of yesterday). Price match Amazon at Target, then Target has if you pre-order Advanced Warfare for $1 you get $20 off Ghosts. So that knocks down the price to $1.99. Technically $2.99 if you factor the pre-order price but still :D It's worth a shot.

I always feel better about my own ever-growing backlog when Kairi posts in this thread. :p

...Why does that make you feel better exactly? XD

We are boosting Black Flag....PLEASE!

Seriously we can boost it pretty easily in Wolf Pack Mode. You'll enjoy Darksiders. Great game!

Sure, I would be willing to boost Black Flag with you! :) I have heard a lot of good things about Darksiders, so I am sure that I will like playing it! =D

Amazon has COD: Ghosts for $21.99 right now (or as of yesterday). Price match Amazon at Target, then Target has if you pre-order Advanced Warfare for $1 you get $20 off Ghosts. So that knocks down the price to $1.99. Technically $2.99 if you factor the pre-order price but still :D It's worth a shot.

It'd be funny if you could make them price match Microsoft's online store instead, as Ghosts is $12 there. I doubt the system would allow ringing up a game for -$8 though.

Goshdarn. I need a Target to open up nearby!!!!!

...Why does that make you feel better exactly? XD

I wouldn't say it makes me feel good, just better knowing that someone like yourself who is organised and a true achievement hunter can also get behind on their backlog. I mean, I look at my backlog and seriously don't think I can gain any control or ever actually get on top of it. :p

I see some members/friends just smash through games so quickly and move onto the next thing. While they got the 1000:gsicon:, I find myself struggling to just finish the game! (Watchdogs is a perfect example) I'm just jealous of them I guess. :D

I tried that before at my local target and they told me I couldn't price match and get any other bonuses.

Got the DMC HD collection and Terraria from last weeks sale and also got Kung Fu Panda 2 for like £3.

Saints Row IV arrived today, got it from Amazon new for £16, which is pretty good considering it costs like double that used in GAME.

I believe the season pass is still on sale, worth picking up for £4 and 200G :p