Can we please get a trading sub-forum?

Le Vampyr

Instead of having that "fluster cluck" of a trading thread, can we not get a board within this board dedicated to trading? The search function doesn't work too great as it is, and trying to use it to find posts within a thread is even worse.

It would be easier to see from off what people are looking for and offering, than to search through a thread with 600+ posts, and in which some posts are just wall o texts (no offence guys).

I don't know who I could have sent this idea, to get it put forward, so went ahead and made a thread instead.

Well we could always just give a sub-forum a trial run. If it works well, great, if it doesn't, oh well, just close it down. Though I couldn't see why people would still insist on using the thread, when you would have a much clearer and faster way of sharing trades amongst the forum.

Between all of the GTs to choose from in both the trading thread and the co-op thread, not to mention all of the people posting in random threads, you should be able to find at least a few people to trade with....and eventually, at least one of them will have what you want. Then of course, there is the old fashioned method of making friends with some of the people that frequent the forum that talk about trading all the time.......And then there is the Gearbox forum as well.

I just don't see why this is so complicated for some people. The resources for trading are everywhere. Make a list of gamertags and start sending messages over Live.....you WILL find someone.

Between all of the GTs to choose from in both the trading thread and the co-op thread, not to mention all of the people posting in random threads, you should be able to find at least a few people to trade with....and eventually, at least one of them will have what you want. Then of course, there is the old fashioned method of making friends with some of the people that frequent the forum that talk about trading all the time.......And then there is the Gearbox forum as well.

I just don't see why this is so complicated for some people. The resources for trading are everywhere. Make a list of gamertags and start sending messages over Live.....you WILL find someone.

I have never, as far as I can tell, had an issue with any Achievement Trading threads here from Halo to Assassin's Creed to TMNT on XBLA. There is always someone if you have the patience to the point that you don't need that achievement by the time you finish posting.

I have never, as far as I can tell, had an issue with any Achievement Trading threads here from Halo to Assassin's Creed to TMNT on XBLA. There is always someone if you have the patience to the point that you don't need that achievement by the time you finish posting.

Just adding on to this.

I have made posts for games that would be considered "dead" and I still get a response within a few hours of posting.

Cry more.

To the OP. Just go to the gearbox forums if you want to trade so much.

Pretty unnecessary and lacks being constructive.

Maybe if you have some good advice, you should use it. Otherwise, maybe you should keep the Holier Than Thou attitude to yourself or maybe actually contribute to the OP than just telling him "Just go here."

You might as well just tell him to Google his answer.

People would still ignore it and just post in the main forum.

Not really.

http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/forumdisplay.php?f=157

While there is a thread for it and all things would best go under there, as with usual "threads where everything of one subject goes," individual requests are easier to miss. Not everyone wants to look through 100s of pages rather than look at individual threads, it's much easier.

Cry more.

To the OP. Just go to the gearbox forums if you want to trade so much.

How very constructive of you. Fucking jackass.

Edited by Ice Car

While there is a thread for it and all things would best go under there, as with usual "threads where everything of one subject goes," individual requests are easier to miss. Not everyone wants to look through 100s of pages rather than look at individual threads, it's much easier.

All too true. Especially on the main site of the aforementioned title, the traffic would be double if not more than here. Here, it's somewhat tailored to a specific subject and again, the traffic is much lighter. Some threads on the Trading subject have pages beyond pages but there's a lot of the same posters who stick around to help from group to group.

Pretty unnecessary and lacks being constructive.

Didn't mean it in in a bad way. Was just saying the Gearbox Forums work well for trading. That may have been worded wrong but I was only trying to help. Sorry ;)

Not really.

http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/forumdisplay.php?f=157

How very constructive of you. Fucking jackass.

Thanks babe <3 love you to

Edited by I mak3 big boom

So can I point out the "elephant in the room"?

It boils down to the same problems as it always does with the forums.

#1- Patience (or lack of)

#2- Instant Gratification (yes, hand in hand with #1)

#3- Users that don't know (or care) how these forums are utilized

I'm all for ideas to improve the site and to be debated by its members, but I think the issues above need to be remembered when having these discussions.

Those who have the patience and don't need instant gratification find the trading threads extremely useful. Those who are the opposite want something different. So isn't this specific issue already solved?

Have the time? Use the thread.

Don't have the time? Use the gearbox forum designed for trading.

Seems rather simple to me.

And for the record, those who claim not to have the time to sift through posts are full of crap. You're playing a game designed to last 50+ hours while other members of this site who are doing the same are taking time away from that game to help you and everyone else. And they get "flamed" more than anyone else when they get tired of answering the same exact question 50 times a day because (see#3) you don't know how or care to look for the answer (or help) you seek. So if they get a little chippy, it's understandable.

Edited by Grifter Reborn

Those who have the patience and don't need instant gratification find the trading threads extremely useful. Those who are the opposite want something different. So isn't this specific issue already solved?

And for the record, those who claim not to have the time to sift through posts are full of crap. You're playing a game designed to last 50+ hours while other members of this site who are doing the same are taking time away from that game to help you and everyone else. And they get "flamed" more than anyone else when they get tired of answering the same exact question 50 times a day because (see#3) you don't know how or care to look for the answer (or help) you seek. So if they get a little chippy, it's understandable.

Even more so - It's absolute bullshit for almost ANYONE on this site to say "They don't have the time" when majority of them are posting in multiple threads most of the day. I run a mailroom and have lots of downtime to surf the web but I'm obviously not at liberty to play games at the same time and do whatever I need to at my leisure.

Take the time away from flaming other members, posting repetitive memes and/or just quit being lazy all together. There actually is a Search Function that works well since it's word and even member username based. It's bound to break down your search to what you want within 10-15 minutes. Anyone here can spare that kind of time given the amount of time playing games, time you spend on the web (let alone here) total - and chances are they just want someone else to do it for them.

People would still ignore it and just post in the main forum.

yep and honestly who out there is such a dick that they don't just dupe weapons for people? It takes 2 minutes and you both have the item when you are done.

It boils down to the same problems as it always does with the forums.

#1- Patience (or lack of)

#2- Instant Gratification (yes, hand in hand with #1)

#3- Users that don't know (or care) how these forums are utilized

I'm all for ideas to improve the site and to be debated by its members, but I think the issues above need to be remembered when having these discussions.

Love it....too bad this will fall on death ears.