Collectibles Guide

Ahh bugger, I have 162 crystals (in ng+) and no achievement, I take it that means I'm missing an enemy dropped shard. Now that I think of it, I had trouble in chapter 5 with potions and gold dropping through the uneven cobbles on the ground, could well be the problem with shards too.

Any idea if the shards are specific to a certain enemy (say the 3rd crossbowman in the level) or if there's a set number of shards per level and it drops them from random enemies until it hits the total number for the level?

Almost forgot, bloody awesome guide, much appreciated.

I have 131 in one playthrough without NG+ with i do not started.How much crystals do i need? It's impossible i miss 31 !! Anyone got crystals achievement and can tell me how much i need?

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I have time to play through this game again, I'll try to count enemy dropped shards and locations and replay it once more to see if it's random or not in number/location to my first playthrough.

Unfortunately, I am busy as hell here in California right now with model work and won't have time to do any of this until at least September.

Anyways, just a note that I will try my best in the coming months.

Hm, i tried replay one of the levels when one of the shards dropped me out of explorable area and this time didn't dropped, i tried random levels too because i miss one shard(not crystal) to complete my last crystal and it cannot drop for me, i think i'm missing one of shards from secrets because i've got 26 of 32 and i have 131 crystals and i'm missing one shard to complete last one.

When I have time to play through this game again, I'll try to count enemy dropped shards and locations and replay it once more to see if it's random or not in number/location to my first playthrough.

Unfortunately, I am busy as hell here in California right now with model work and won't have time to do any of this until at least September.

Anyways, just a note that I will try my best in the coming months.

I can confirm that we're pretty busy. While I'm busy managing some apartments (and dealing with the repair crew to get a unit ready to rent) IDiivil is busy modeling. While we hear the requests, here's the bottom line:

No one is being conclusive.

People are claiming we either got them their 1K/Platinum, or saying it's bugged or we missed something. Wildly varying results. While we may have some down time to go over the continuously disputed crystal shards, we don't have the hours of free time like we did when we began and revised the guide the first time around. People post and can claim whatever, but please, back it up. If it really is a huge issue, we might be able to squeeze a revision out. If it's isolated incidents or user-error, we can't really help. I got 1K using/doing this guide, so we can't just be told, "I missed a shard on ____ chapter," because we will have no idea what you're talking about.

Help us out with problem shards; crystal shards shouldn't be this hard to track down. After all, a lot of people got "Crystal Clear" before we even got half way through the collectible guide.

i am currently on working how many shards drop in which chapter. so far i only was up to finish chapter 2, since this is my 3rd! run solely for crystals and even as i like the game it starts to annoy me...dunno if i get it done the next days...

regarding your question, nope got no clue. however i think i always miss 2 shards in chapter 1 since i ended with 53 dropped shards and it seems odd.

I can confirm that we're pretty busy. While I'm busy managing some apartments (and dealing with the repair crew to get a unit ready to rent) IDiivil is busy modeling. While we hear the requests, here's the bottom line:

No one is being conclusive.

People are claiming we either got them their 1K/Platinum, or saying it's bugged or we missed something. Wildly varying results. While we may have some down time to go over the continuously disputed crystal shards, we don't have the hours of free time like we did when we began and revised the guide the first time around. People post and can claim whatever, but please, back it up. If it really is a huge issue, we might be able to squeeze a revision out. If it's isolated incidents or user-error, we can't really help. I got 1K using/doing this guide, so we can't just be told, "I missed a shard on ____ chapter," because we will have no idea what you're talking about.

Help us out with problem shards; crystal shards shouldn't be this hard to track down. After all, a lot of people got "Crystal Clear" before we even got half way through the collectible guide.

Anyone got a list of(with screenshots or something) secret locations?(i have 26 of 32) and i think i missed the shard here.

Anyone got a list of(with screenshots or something) secret locations?(i have 26 of 32) and i think i missed the shard here.

No. I had people report that, using only my guide and my guide only, they were able to get all the crystals and get the 100%... so not sure if the secret rooms are necessary because of that.

Thus why I don't have any screens, etc.

how many crystals are there? i have 132 but no achievement :(

If you started "New Game+" you'll need 164, if only one playthrough just 132...i still have 131 and 4/5 and tommorow i played WHOLE GAME AGAIN(not new game+) and nothing! i missied urn but i don't know where... 100% it's not dropping from anyone it must be the urn(i have 29 of 32 secrets)

Well I just got the crystal achievement, turns out I was actually missing one of the crystals in the chests, the one under the big statue just after you first meet the minotaur, cunning place to hide one.

Oddly I have 163 crystals rather than the 164 that cra said earlier

it was my second playthrough, and started new, because i drank sleg on my first run. i'm not sure if i chose new game+

how do i get the remaining 32?

Do you remember if you started with red weapons? I know you get those from new game+ if you got the crystal weapons in your first play (it might do that anyway but I've never not gotten the crystal weapons)

Finally found the last secret I had missed, it was a random behind-the-walls thing in the well of sorrows. Just beat the last boss; now I have the game 100% complete, mostly thanks to your guide.

Random notes:

• In 1.1.2 "Dragon's Tear" is not in bold as it should be.
  • Could it be that the totals are off for chapter one, should be 12 crystals instead of 11?

About adding counters:

• For tears, dead guys and prisoners just put the number (that one should now have at this point if one followed the guide correctly) in parentheses, e.g.: "Follow the turns. A dead body(2) can be seen once you come into your next battle area"
  • For crystals, put a note upfront stating that numbers in the text just represent the minimal amount you should have at that point. Also state that there are 132 crystals in total (enough to max every skill) and 164 (I think) in new game plus. Clarify that 72 of the crystals are collected as full crystals from the containers detailled in the guide and that the rest has to be assembled from the dropped small shards that are not mentioned explicitly during the walkthrogh. In the text put a number with a plus sign: "Continue forward. Don't go down the stairs. You'll find a crystal(5+)."

Ehh this game is really strange, i started NG+ and i'm on 2.2 with 64 Crystals, and when i've found last shard piece and i completed one of the crystals it do not add to my log(and displayed 0 crystals unused) what should it be? Is that a bug?

@IMPORTANT FOR PEOPLE WITH 131 AND 4/5 SHARDS

Ok i just completed NG+ and i got the achievement! I can 100% confirm that a shards are dropping random and the blue vases has nothing to do with this achievement.I got 163 and 3/5 shards i continued to play and 2 shards dropped for me BUT the counter do not add me this crystal and i got 163 and 0 shards.I was completely angry and i started reading the whole guide once again, and i found my crystal in chapter 4 at the beginning...and achievement pop up.I discovered that on my last playthrough(not NG+) i got 131 and 4/5 shards(i run the whole game once again for this one shard and nothing...because i was missing one crystal in chapter 3 behind the waterfall...i do not know why i miss that) So if you have 131 and 4/5 or 163 and 4/5 or something like that i can confirm that YOU ARE MISSING A WHOLE CRYSTAL not a shard and the shard will never drop for you.So cra you do not need to count shards because they are dropping completely random and if you have too much shards for each chapter the crystals will do not add.

@Divi thanks for awesome guide and sorry for my careless.

Edited by aerO^

Right....So let me get this straight if I follow this guide word for word without deviating from the guide I will get the Collectible achievements no problem? Also if I play it Co-op XBL how does the achievement work? Will we both get it at the same? Or will it mess the achievement up? Any help is greatly apretiated :)

I am glitched followed the guide and did not get the achievement. I am currently trying to do online coop to get it. However I should mention i played through first chapter with a friend online then he quit. Co op has a lot of bugs maybe my game wont drop any more shards cause my co op friend got them? I dont know but I got all of the other achievements shards is only one im missing

thanks for the guide devil and aborok thanks for you 25 map thing as well finally got all the achievements

one of the gems was missing from the first chapter that I got with my friend but our game kept freezing so it must have not saved however the last one I found in Chapter 6-2

Anyone using this guide make sure you dont jump all around and just go straight through that is at least the third spot that does not match up with the adventure starting point if you start at 6-3 like the guide says you will miss it. Play through all the way and the guide is correct however the labels on where the new checkpoints start is not always in sync.