Complete Chest Guide (Treasure Hunter Awarded)

CloudedJudgement

you are rightit summarises all chests opened.. You look at the book before and after and can see the tally. There is no level specific, you need to track it yourself. Just have a piece of paper and a pen and write down all the numbers.

Example 2398 - 2372 means I just got 26. This is how I worked them all out. Now if you were meant to get 28 that means I missed 2 time to replay it. If not move onto next ^^

Maybe I am missing something obvious but I can't see any tally of chest opened anywhere. Lots of bumph and numbers about deposits and expenditure but nothing for chests tally. What is the exact section that this number is supposed to be listed or is it called something obscure? Thanks :)

Bollocks :( Working through them all slowly...got to the end of level ten after snagging the Invisible sword chest really quickly...and the fucking slingshot glitched on me :(( Will have to do this one over tomorrow...am giving up for the night before I damage something.

I also hope that I won't have to redo level 5 again since some of the gingerbread men accidently triggered a few chests...

Edited by SketchStone

No, I'm talking about the slingshot at the end of the chapter, the glitchy one. I found the easiest way to get the chest above the crocs was to hang on to the bow that I picked up earlier, stand on the piece of flat rock to the right of the chest (in front of the waterfall where you exit after the invisible chest), and then jump and shoot the croc chest.

Anyway...I got the achievement just now! :D :D :D I didn't even have to fight the Little Tailor battle either, it popped as soon as I got to the rating screen after the Big Giant boss battle at the end of chapter 14. Soooo relieved :D:Bounce:

• 3 months later...

Hey CloudedJudgement Thanks for the great guide. I'm in the process of using it, and figured something out along the way. The two chests in chapter 5 that appear to be blocked off after hopping over the ferris wheel a second time are some that are from earlier in the level. If there's a glitch at all, it's not that the gate won't open, it's that the chests close back up after circling the exterior and returning to the hub. I made a new thread and explained it in a little more detail for anyone wanting easy access to the solution, but thought I'd send something your way so you could take that "-2" out of your guide, since it's actually more "complete" than you're getting credit for. Anyway, big thanks for the guide. Hopefully have this game finished by Tuesday so I can dig into Alan Wake without anything else to worry about. later

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Fuck this game. I repeatedly do level 10 and follow the guide (posted at True Achievements now) and I collect all 38 chests. I count them. I collect 38. At the end of the level my total only goes up by 35. Every fucking time.

This game is terrible and broken. Fairytale Fights can fuck right off.

Does anyone have any tips on how to go from this piece of shit only counting 35 to counting all 38? Otherwise this game is dying a horrible, horrible blender death.

• 2 weeks later...

Well the achievement didn't pop up, so i decide to start from chapter 1 in easy and follow the guide step by step and seeing the statues, and the achievement pop up at chapter 9, so... i guess it counts the treasures and keeps it as long you finish the chapter.

If you do a whole chapter opening all treasures and then do it again opening just some of them, i guess it doesn't save the last run but the run where you open everything, it work like that to me.

Some times you may not realize but you only miss 1 treasure like i miss the treasure at begin of chapter 9.

If you want that achievement start again from chapter 1 with calm and do the chest 1 by 1.

Good luck and sorry for the bad english

• 2 months later...

I decided to put this game back in yesterday after taking 6 months off (because it sucks and its glitched) I finished chapter 10 and had a printed guide, checked each chest off 1 by 1. I collected ALL of them and I do mean all. I did not miss a single chest. When I checked the book it says I only opened 37, not 38 chests. I think the chest by the crocodiles has to be opened manually, NOT with a bow like I have been doing. I think this may be the issue people are having with this achievement. I'm going to try the level again and actually jump up there this time and see it it works.

I played chapter 10 again. This time I jumped up on the crocodile ledge and opened the chest manually. Also, I made sure to fight enemies away from the chests so they don't hit them on accident. The book now shows I collected all 38 in chapter 10. Hope this helps out with the rest of the people who want to destroy this game as much as I do. BTW I still did NOT pop the achievement

• 1 month later...
I played chapter 10 again. This time I jumped up on the crocodile ledge and opened the chest manually. Also, I made sure to fight enemies away from the chests so they don't hit them on accident. The book now shows I collected all 38 in chapter 10. Hope this helps out with the rest of the people who want to destroy this game as much as I do. BTW I still did NOT pop the achievement

You guys are starting to discourage me as I am still playing through this sh#t. I started this game over a year ago as my then girlfriend wanted it and put it on my profile. So now I am playing it through to complete it and of course now its patched so there is soo much to muddle through. Currently I am still 2 playering it on medium... but as I read these posts I am getting more and more furious. I just KNOW that I am gonna miss some of these chests, so I will share in you guys's fury later. for now... must hack and slash some more... damned any game that DOESN'T have stackable acheivements.

• 1 year later...

Sorry I'm a little late to the party, but this is something I feel should be shared with others. So, after repeatedly playing through chapter 10 about a dozen times this last go round (dozens more in the weeks prior), I noticed a couple things. (1.) Every time I dropped down into the area with the traps and waterfall, the audio would get wonky and flicker between normal and muffled. Every time I opened chest 10 (in front of the waterfall) while the audio was flickering, it didn't do the choir-like chime that the chests normally do. And every time, I would end up with 37/38. After repeated attempts, I tried something different. Before I opened chest 10, I killed the three dudes nearby, and then flipped the switch to slow down the gator-chomper things. As soon as I hit the switch and the gator-chompers slowed down, the audio went back to normal. I then opened chest 10, and to my pleasant surprise, it played the choir-like chime. I proceeded to get the rest of the chests in the level, and ended up with 38/38. (2.) The audio got wonky, yet again, when I got to the fountain near the end, near chests 32 and 33. I was able to find a spot, close to each chest, where the audio would stop flickering. Yet again, once the audio stopped flickering, the chests chimed, and were registered in the official tally, resulting in the above referenced 38/38.

In my experience, the only trouble chests were chests 10, 32, and 33. I did want to point out that, unlike near chest 10, where the audio got wonky EVERY time, the audio didn't flicker every time when I got near chests 32 and 33. That could explain why people sometimes get 35/38, and 37/38 at other times. I don't know if these chests are what are preventing so many people from getting this achievement, but I do know that, after dozens of unsuccessful tries, I was able to get all 38 chests after doing these couple things. If you find yourself in the same predicament I found myself in, try what I did and see if it works for you, as well.

Oh, and I got the achievement without having to replay chapter 10 after all that, so I know it registered, at least it did for me. Also, during the replay mentioned above, I shot the chest on the ledge by the gator-chompers after the chest with the invisible sword (which, I personally had zero problems with. I know it sounds crazy but, no bullshit, it chimed every time I opened it). And, I know for a fact that at least three chests were opened by enemies, both by being shot and meleed.

Also, it might be worth noting that I did not play through all the chapters in any kind of order, at all. I was bouncing around between chapters and difficulty settings while working on a couple other achievments at the same time. (That's how I roll ;))

Hopefully, this might help someone else out down the road. And thank you, CloudedJudgment, for your kick ass treasure chest location guide. :)

Edited by Impdaddyzer0

• 3 weeks later...