Help! - Race Week resurrection signup

roy1751

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah dude i would like another race week on this title plus we the achievements the ea mod too

if EA enjoy closing servers they shud open a different 1 that they've shut down every week or so, so every1 still has a chance to play the games online and get the chieves then its nt as bad as shuttin them down completely!

Yea, OPEN THE SERVER!!! lol

OK....i`ve really had it....EA doesn`t give a rats ass about the community...the only thing they care about is publishing new titles....like 1) Pro street 2) undercover 3) shift.... the first 2 totally sucked....i`m not sure what shift looks like but i`m pretty sure that it`s gonna suck aswell....seriously STOP releasing crappy games and fix the ones that are good....NFS primetime really was Most Wanted and Carbon...

People we really need to make some noise about this problem....cuz obviosly posting in this thread will not make any difference....

My idea is to start sending EA HQ spam emalis...and threaten them that we are not going to buy any new NFS games before a patch is made to fix the problems in the prvious games...People...a widespread boycott is the only thing taht could help right now....cuz all other measures have failed!!!!

soo....anyone know any e-mails of people that work in EA that could actually make any difference...and please leave out EA torque and all the other "community managers" ....cuz as i understand, their hands are tied....we need someone on a higher stand...

ARE YOU WITH ME?

OK....i`ve really had it....EA doesn`t give a rats ass about the community...the only thing they care about is publishing new titles....like 1) Pro street 2) undercover 3) shift.... the first 2 totally sucked....i`m not sure what shift looks like but i`m pretty sure that it`s gonna suck aswell....seriously STOP releasing crappy games and fix the ones that are good....NFS primetime really was Most Wanted and Carbon...

People we really need to make some noise about this problem....cuz obviosly posting in this thread will not make any difference....

My idea is to start sending EA HQ spam emalis...and threaten them that we are not going to buy any new NFS games before a patch is made to fix the problems in the prvious games...People...a widespread boycott is the only thing taht could help right now....cuz all other measures have failed!!!!

soo....anyone know any e-mails of people that work in EA that could actually make any difference...and please leave out EA torque and all the other "community managers" ....cuz as i understand, their hands are tied....we need someone on a higher stand...

ARE YOU WITH ME?

u really think that spamming emails will make a difference? i doubt they would even care becuz thousands of people buy the games anyway. So no sir, i am not with u. Harassing a multi-million $ company will not solve anything, and ur being too serious about it.

u really think that spamming emails will make a difference? i doubt they would even care becuz thousands of people buy the games anyway. So no sir, i am not with u. Harassing a multi-million $ company will not solve anything, and ur being too serious about it.

And you think that only posting in this thread will make any difference???...stop being soo naive...i doubt that they even read it... plus i had a little chat with EA Torque a few months ago...and he told me that EA had no intention of fixing Carbons flaws....soo feel free to whine in this forum...at least im thinking for a solution!!

Edited by maddog fury

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

ea should have it every month there is a race week and change the moderator achievement to ones like the viruses. you have to beat someone with that achievement to get it. would sort that one out. i know its only an achievement glitched and not the whole game but people play for achievements (like me a game is not completed until full gamerscore). If they screw people over they wont buy future games. exp motogp 08 had a glitched achievement for 50g. Im not buying motogp 09/10 purely because 08 was so bad but achievements are crap as well (win a race with 16 human players lol lucky enough to race against 16 players full stop)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's not that I'm siding with EA (because I hate that company) but, unfortunately for us, we are a small minority in the gaming world. I love what achievements have done for gaming and I love working to get them, but a lot (not all, but many, especially the larger ones) don't give a damn about whether or not the achievements are good, fun, or even unlock at the required critera. If Microsoft didn't make all games come with achievements, I have a feeling that many would not. Therefore, when 20,000 gamers complain that achievements don't unlock, etc., there are 20 million gamers that literally could not care less, which makes the companies not care because, ultimately, -20,000 gamers is just a drop in the bucket to them.

TL: DR = Don't stop caring, but don't get surprised when they don't care.

• 2 weeks later...

You don't just say you want to do something, then give up on it OP. Persistence is key.

But on a relevant note, knowing EA they'll close the servers soon (it's a 4+ year old game, after all) but if we are lucky they'll do a race week right before the closure. It seems like a logical move IMHO, hopefully they see it the same way.

Ditto for those stupid moderator achievements. I saw a recent player with the achievement unlocked recently (5/30/10) so there is still hope.

EDIT - There is NO REASON that race week should be unobtainable. NFS Undercover has an achievement ("Community Day" or something) for playing on a specific day, and it has been made to be unlocked ANY DAY OF THE YEAR. EA you aren't THAT LAZY, are you?

Edited by Doominatorx6

You don't just say you want to do something, then give up on it OP. Persistence is key.

One year of persistence should be plenty, skim through the signup thread if you don't believe we did everything we could to get this turned on.

Any recent unlocks for this achievement are hacking, even with datestamps. EA fired Black Box a while back, the developer for NFSC. It's presumed that the only people that knew how to turn on this achievement are long gone.

Edited by roy1751

• 1 month later...

Why doesn't someone (if it hasn't been done already) start a Facebook page for the petition?? Ghostbusters had glitched cheevos, and it seemed that after 1+ years, they finally got off their dead asses and fixed the cheevos with all the hoopla that the Facebook page created. Just a thought and my 2 cents. (btw, I don't and won't have a FB page. I am a recluse haha.)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Bumping this thread to add my Facebook page, as this needs to be tried again. I'm fairly certain that the servers are going offline soon, too. Think about it; NFS: MW went offline last week and terrorfall has come back for one last session to make Moderator Challenge and Reward Card Hustler obtainable. Seems very coincidental, doesn't it?

So let's see if we can try this one last time! Please suggest to everyone!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Please-Bring-Back-The-Race-Week-on-NFS-Carbon/197545783640501

Thanks Callum x360a, I already liked your page. And I found this on trueachievements.com

zX KiNGxKoNG Xz Ive heard through gamers and ea posts, that they MIGHT turn the achievement back on, once the online servers go down ( Date unknown, but knowing EA it will happen soon)

So keep you copy of carbon just in case.

Happy gaming!

He didn't give any sources but let's hope that it's true.