Anyone up for some stock market collusion?

Ethereal235

I think its kind of pointless, i made almost max money in the game from like 3 stock market investments then i just went round and actually bought properties.

The investments? well not to spoil the game but lets just say don't invest in lifeinvader, make positive to invest loads in..

-BetaPharmecuticals

-Fruit

(theres one more mission you do, i forget hoping somebody fills in the gap)

then after the mission, sell these stocks for almost double profit.

Buy properties, play the game or wait in game hours, then buy more, rinse and repeat.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Use the ingame phone, bring it up and then press down to use the internet. Then look at the tabs on top and use the ones that says economy and something else, then click on LCN and then market and have a look at the prices. BAWSAQ can be accessed from the link on the economy page. You can also switch between the two markets from the other markets market page.

:mad:Freaking Bawsaq is still down for me. R* needs to get their shit together....

Have you tried logging in on the Rockstar social club thing and making sure it lists that game as owned? That's what I had to do before it started showing up.

It's only 6 hours before it's been a full day since I made the opening post, and at least on the website, nothing's changed. Nothing's changed for Ammunation, either, so I'm pretty sure it's just that it hasn't updated. They say it updates in "real time," but at this point, it almost seems like it's, at best, a once-a-day kind of deal.

Have you tried logging in on the Rockstar social club thing and making sure it lists that game as owned? That's what I had to do before it started showing up.

It's only 6 hours before it's been a full day since I made the opening post, and at least on the website, nothing's changed. Nothing's changed for Ammunation, either, so I'm pretty sure it's just that it hasn't updated. They say it updates in "real time," but at this point, it almost seems like it's, at best, a once-a-day kind of deal.

yeah thanks for the tip but everything is linked. I'm a social club member since 2011 and its showing my games and progress. I asked on my FL and around 75% Bawsaq is not working either...so its not only me....

yeah thanks for the tip but everything is linked. I'm a social club member since 2011 and its showing my games and progress. I asked on my FL and around 75% Bawsaq is not working either...so its not only me....

Mine was all linked up too, but I had the same problem. I got on and did some reauthentification thing under 'manage accounts' and it started working.

Damn... seeing how many people are putting a fuckload of money into this is starting to make me think that if this backfires and the stock drops more, I'm going to have to abandon this site forever. Also, my next in-game heist better go fucking perfectly.

I'm considering putting 20 million in... you'll be a dead man.

I checked up on this, and it seems that none of the BAWSAQ stocks have moved at all since launch, so I'm thinking it probably varies based exclusively on the GTA Online stuff. I'm also thinking that it won't actually respond to players investing, but rather to what kind of stuff is destroyed/robbed/bought in the online portion of the game.

It might still be a good investment once October 1st comes around (unless it's a competitor with AmmuNation), but it's probably not going to change until then.

I checked up on this, and it seems that none of the BAWSAQ stocks have moved at all since launch, so I'm thinking it probably varies based exclusively on the GTA Online stuff. I'm also thinking that it won't actually respond to players investing, but rather to what kind of stuff is destroyed/robbed/bought in the online portion of the game.

It might still be a good investment once October 1st comes around (unless it's a competitor with AmmuNation), but it's probably not going to change until then.

These are my considerations, taking in consideration both the Efficient Market Hypothesis and the Single Player Stock Market Mechanics:

1. Original price of stock was around $20 a stock, something like that, and right now it sits at $0.76 or so
  2. The market corrects itself, supposedly in the game this is true as well
  3. Market movement is random, however we can predict it in game by knowing which companies we are hitting (heists, assassinations, etc)
  4. Ammu-nation is the only in-game store you buy weapons (other than online)
  5. Therefore ammu-nation is open to being robbed by gangs/crews
  6. Lots of players will be online from day one (oct 1st), and will definitely be with friends or randoms trying to rob places
  7. Ammu-nation is definitely an easy target (comes to mind easily)
  8. Ammu-nation is definitely getting robbed a lot, at least before players figure out the best heists (cost/benefit) and start farming them
  9. That being true, there will be a hike in HAL's share price
  10. If it is enough to raise it from $0.76 to $1.50 dollars (which it should, given the initial price of $20.00 or more, gotta check), we are facing 100% returns.
  11. Considering $1.50 is still way below the $20.00 mark, there's a lot of room for growth in share prices, if players take action against HAL's competitors (which i assume ammu-nation would be one)

However, some elements are relevant and need to be known for this logic to apply:

What shares have positive and negative correlations with HAL's shares? In this case I'm simply guessing ammunation would be negatively correlated to HAL

How often does the market update its data (once a day, it seems?)

At what time does the update take place (haven't figured this one yet, can anyone confirm it?)

Regarding a small amount of players (which we are, compared to the GTA Online total population) trying to manipulate prices by investing huge amounts, Dow Theory states that trends are confirmed by volume rather than aggressive investors, but we gotta wait and see how it was implemented before reaching conclusions

Edited by Toddy