Problem with "Messer Sandman"

Alright, I know how to throw sand, however I can't. I purchased all weapons and the game automatically equipped me with the Metal Cestus. Considering you need unarmed fists to throw sand, this is a problem.

I would appreciate if someone could tell me how to unequip the Metal Cestus ( I've tried everything I can think of).

Thanks

You can change whatever weapon you'd like back at the Villa. Then all you have to do is walk up to the sword holders/maces and then press Y and pick which one you want as a weapon. Then when you want to be unarmed you just need switch to that in the menu, which is LB I think?

To do the achievement I'd go to the place in Venice (I think its there) where there's that building that you had to go into for one of the tomb circles, it should be surrounded by Red so you can't get in it without being attacked by guards. There's a lot of guards walking around that area as it is, so its a lot easier to gather a group, and then throw sand at them.

I remember throwing a smoke bomb while they were around me, and then run a little further back and hold my handful of sand and threw it when there were at least 5 or more guys coming towards me.

You can change whatever weapon you'd like back at the Villa. Then all you have to do is walk up to the sword holders/maces and then press Y and pick which one you want as a weapon. Then when you want to be unarmed you just need switch to that in the menu, which is LB I think?

To do the achievement I'd go to the place in Venice (I think its there) where there's that building that you had to go into for one of the tomb circles, it should be surrounded by Red so you can't get in it without being attacked by guards. There's a lot of guards walking around that area as it is, so its a lot easier to gather a group, and then throw sand at them.

I remember throwing a smoke bomb while they were around me, and then run a little further back and hold my handful of sand and threw it when there were at least 5 or more guys coming towards me.

My problem isn't the achievement itself (which sounds VERY easy) but disarming to "plain" fists. There is no option for that in the weapon room (i checked). So thats my dilema.

Other than the training area I cant seem to throw sand regardless. Ive found four guards standing in front of codex doors yet the damned assassin only wants to punch people. Ive tried holding it but nothing. Does it matter what you're standing on? Do I need to find a sandy area to throw sand or will he pick it off cobblestones, too? (Ive tried this in and out of combat and it doesn't work). Any suggestions?

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...