Book of Fables Entries Guide

MeltingBalloons

Book of Fables Entries Guide

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/2650/7.jpgNovice Librarian - 30:gsicon:

Unlocked all Book of Fables entries in Episode 1.

Introduction

This guide lists all 21 Book of Fables entries for Episode 1 and how to unlock them. You will gather most of them automatically at certain points throughout the story through conversations, but there are a couple that you have to pick up yourself. Once you've unlocked the last one, the Novice Librarian achievement will pop.

SPOILERS: This guide contains minor spoilers relating to the story and characters. Proceed carefully if you do not wish to have the game spoiled for you.

Book of Fables Entries

Bigby Wolf:

Unlocked during the opening of the game.

Snow White:

Unlocked during your conversation with Snow White in Chapter 2.

The Woodsman:

Unlocked after Bigby’s fight with the Woodsman in Chapter 1.

Faith:

Unlocked in Ichabod Crane’s office after Bufkin reads about Faith in Chapter 4.

Beauty:

Unlocked during your conversation with Beauty outside Bigby’s apartment building in Chapter 2.

Beast:

Unlocked during your conversation with Beast in the apartment building elevator in Chapter 2.

Mr. Toad:

Unlocked during your conversation with Mr. Toad in Chapter 1.

Colin:

Unlocked during your conversation with Colin in Bigby’s apartment in Chapter 2.

Ichabod Crane:

Unlocked during your conversation with Ichabod Crane in his office in Chapter 4.

Bufkin:

Unlocked in Ichabod Crane’s office once Bufkin appears in Chapter 4.

Fabletown:

Unlocked during the opening of the game.

The Farm:

Mundies:

Unlocked during your first conversation with Snow White at the end of Chapter 2.

Glamours:

Prince Lawrence:

Unlocked once you enter Prince Lawrence's apartment in Chapter 5.

The Tweedles:

Unlocked after your confrontation with Dum and Dee in Chapter 5.

Holly:

Unlocked during your conversation with Holly in the Trip Trap Bar in Chapter 6.

Grendel:

Unlocked during your conversation with Grendel in the Trip Trap Bar in Chapter 6.

Bluebeard:

Unlocked once you read Bluebeard’s file in Bigby’s apartment in Chapter 2.

Bigby’s Mercy:

Unlocked if you choose to walk away after your fight with Grendel in Chapter 6.

Bigby’s Vengeance:

Unlocked if you choose to rip Grendel’s arm off after your fight in Chapter 6.

NOTE: You cannot unlock both Bigby’s Mercy and Bigby’s Vengeance in the same playthrough; that is without reloading the game. After you’ve got one of the entries, reload Chapter 6 when you’re ready and grab the other one.

UPDATE: Immediately after unlocking either Bigby's Mercy or Bigby's Vengeance, you can quit out and resume the story. You will be brought back to the end of the fight with Grendel, which will allow you to unlock the other entry without starting Chapter 6 all over again.

UPDATE 2: If you forget to read Bluebeard's file in Chapter 2, you can still unlock Bluebeard in Chapter 3 during your conversation with Snow. Either let her explain her theory, or name Bluebeard as the murderer.

Edited by MeltingBalloons

Book of Fables Entries

Holly:

Unlocked during your conversation with Holly in the Trip Trap Bar in Chapter 6.

Grendel:

Unlocked during your conversation with Grendel in the Trip Trap Bar in Chapter 6.

Bigby’s Mercy:

Unlocked if you choose to walk away after your fight with Grendel in Chapter 6.

Bigby’s Vengeance:

Unlocked if you choose to rip Grendel’s arm off after your fight in Chapter 6.

NOTE: It is impossible to unlock both Bigby’s Mercy and Bigby’s Vengeance in the same playthrough. After you’ve got one of them, reload Chapter 6 when you’re ready and grab the other one. You can quit back to the menu once you’ve unlocked it; don’t have to reach the ending a second time.

What's all this chapter 6 malarkey :confused:

There are only 5 chapter :)

Can be done in one playthrough. I chose to rip off the arm, got the note that the book was added, and immediately quitted. I resumed game and it was just before you made the choice. I chose the other one, and the achievement unlocked.

Does it reload to when you enter the Trip Trap bar? That seems to be the only place you can reload from once you've picked up the first entry.

Edited by MeltingBalloons

If you wish you preserve the quality of your choices you would either need to know you need to do one action (the one you do not want), then load and redo it with the one you want.

It's not like the bar scene prior to fighting Gren was extremely long or a bore either.

No matter how you look at it though it's a good tip though for people reading ahead.

Maybe bold (or change the color) of the ones you have to collect to make it easier to have a spoiler-free (and worry free) trip through while finding them all? I haven't played yet, but ordering them by when you find them seems like it would be helpful as well. I'm guessing the above order is taken from a screen in the game? Anyway, just some thoughts - thanks for the work on this!

Maybe bold (or change the color) of the ones you have to collect to make it easier to have a spoiler-free (and worry free) trip through while finding them all? I haven't played yet, but ordering them by when you find them seems like it would be helpful as well. I'm guessing the above order is taken from a screen in the game? Anyway, just some thoughts - thanks for the work on this!

There is only one you actively have to click to collect, Blue Beard, the order is taken from the ingame Book of Fables section of the pause menu.

Can someone explain how the unlocks work? I mean if i use a diffirent save slot (because i want to make some other choices) and at the end take the other option, will the achievement still unlock? Or are the entries tied to save slot?

Just has to be on your game. So the different save slots all stack.

• 2 weeks later...
thanks! ive had this page open on my phone whilst ive done the first 3 chapters, ill use it for the rest. also it would be a lot easier if they were listed in chapter order rather than jumbled about! :p

Thanks, glad it's helping you out. The entries are listed in the order that they appear in the Book of Fables. Not sure why they chose to jumble them up like that, but that's how it is :)

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...