Castle Of VarVazzar

PerpetualHeaven

Alright, for some reason I can't "A" rank this.. I "A" ranked everything so easily but this is impossible almost for me.. for some odd reason no matter how fast and how many guys I kill it doesn't do anything.. I went to the north path and killed 800 guys in total but finished 17 minutes.. nothing.. beat it in 8 minutes and killed 500 guys.. nothing..

Would anyone like to share their statistics for this level? If you don't know how to just go to library than go to the second option and choose Aspharr and choose the Castle of Varvazzar and lets see what you got because i'm having a real hard time.

I had a bitch of a time with that one, too... Here's what I recommend doing... I know this sounds like a lot of stuff, but you have to do it with some sort of quickness but be thourough as well.

1. Kill the guys at the first flashing dot, then all of the archers beside them. After killing these guys you'll notice an area on your map not far from them (the farthest eastern point). You'll walk through a mini-snowstorm where you won't be able to see anything, but if you make your way to the back you'll find a chest with a kick-ass lance in it...

2. Continue from here, you will be asked to help someone/fight Ppakk... Kill everything i n your path on your way to him, then kick his ass. You'll then have to fight those crazy bitches with their dragons, however...

3.Before you for them, go to the far left of the map and help a group of archers with their goblin problems and snatch the 4 or 5 chests in the area. The archers will follow you from now on, and they'll make short work of the dragons while you're killing the demon ladies.

4. Now, you see the long tunnely area at the top of your map? Make sure you leave your backup behind and run straight to the back of the path (It's quite a hike), making sure not to launch the boulders in your path, busting the chests, and DO NOT kill anything until you get to the back as...

5. One of the three chests you bust open will have an Orb Doubler in it... Now is the time to mow your way back through the crowds, getting as many kills with as high of a combo as possible. Bust any chests you need on the way back through and knock down the boulders (I think you get bonus points for this?). When you get back to the battlefield you should have a massive group of guys waiting to me consumed by your orb spark... Finish off any stragglers and pick up any nearby chests before fighting the Orc boss, then kill as many random goblins as possible before finishing off their leader as well... This took me 11 tries BTW and still have only gotten an A rank! I hope this helps! If you're still struggling experiment with leaving your troops in the middle of nowhere so they won't get killed, or try to do things in a pattern so that you cut some seconds off your time.

I had a bitch of a time with that one, too... Here's what I recommend doing... I know this sounds like a lot of stuff, but you have to do it with some sort of quickness but be thourough as well.

1. Kill the guys at the first flashing dot, then all of the archers beside them. After killing these guys you'll notice an area on your map not far from them (the farthest eastern point). You'll walk through a mini-snowstorm where you won't be able to see anything, but if you make your way to the back you'll find a chest with a kick-ass lance in it...

2. Continue from here, you will be asked to help someone/fight Ppakk... Kill everything i n your path on your way to him, then kick his ass. You'll then have to fight those crazy bitches with their dragons, however...

3.Before you for them, go to the far left of the map and help a group of archers with their goblin problems and snatch the 4 or 5 chests in the area. The archers will follow you from now on, and they'll make short work of the dragons while you're killing the demon ladies.

4. Now, you see the long tunnely area at the top of your map? Make sure you leave your backup behind and run straight to the back of the path (It's quite a hike), making sure not to launch the boulders in your path, busting the chests, and DO NOT kill anything until you get to the back as...

5. One of the three chests you bust open will have an Orb Doubler in it... Now is the time to mow your way back through the crowds, getting as many kills with as high of a combo as possible. Bust any chests you need on the way back through and knock down the boulders (I think you get bonus points for this?). When you get back to the battlefield you should have a massive group of guys waiting to me consumed by your orb spark... Finish off any stragglers and pick up any nearby chests before fighting the Orc boss, then kill as many random goblins as possible before finishing off their leader as well... This took me 11 tries BTW and still have only gotten an A rank! I hope this helps! If you're still struggling experiment with leaving your troops in the middle of nowhere so they won't get killed, or try to do things in a pattern so that you cut some seconds off your time.

thats pretty much what i did, but not in that order

• 4 weeks later...

I had a hard time with this one also and it took me 11 tries. I used Darkbola's guide but missed the part when you rescue the archers at the far west, I did that and followed the rest and got it. Good luck.

Time: 00:21:14

Kills: 610

Standard Attack: 566

Orb Spark: 44

Orbs Obtained: 6234

Max Combo: 1559

Guard Survival: 39%

Bonuses: 2200

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is driving me insane. I've followed every method I can find, to no avail. The highest guard survival rate I can get is 52%, I don't understand where 48% of them are getting killed, unless they all get wiped out by the dragons in the short time it takes me to rescue the archers. I've tried taking the Northern path, luring every enemy to the end then hitting them all with an orb spark (getting 150+ kills with it) but that doesn't do anything to raise my rank. Argh!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I know this thread was from the begining of the month but I can't get it.

I even tried what was outlined in this thread and I can't pull it off more than a B on the level for some reason. This is the last level I need and A or S on to unlock my final achievment and I'm getting fed up with it.

What Items/ Weapons do you use? Is there a video anywhere that shows how to get it?

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

QUICK AND EASY WAY TO A-RANK CASTLE OF VARRVAZARR WITHOUT TOO MUCH EFFORT

Equip your standard weapon (Temple Spear) and the Cursed Choker (the Item that gives you -50% attack power) and from the start turn around and run north all the way to the very bottom but without killing anything. Once you reached the end of the long path block and wait for the enemies to gather themselves.

Once your foes have piled up start hacking away with the Y-Button and build up a huge combo (around 4000 or 5000, maybe even more if you can manage) and then finish the level normally.

The huge combo is all it takes to secure your ranking...

(hope this helps someone in the future :) )

• 2 weeks later...

I know I'm bringing up an old thread again, but this mission is really starting to tick me off. No matter what I do or try I can only get a B. I don't know how people are getting 4,000 or more kill combo on the long path, the most I can get is 1,500 if I'm lucky. I don't know what I am doing wrong. Does anyone know where I can find a video to see it done? I've checked youtube with no luck.

Also, what items are you using. I have equiped the following:

Temple Spear

Cursed Chocker

Life Globes 2,3 and 4

and divine Tiara

My Attack is 189 with all of that and I can't seem to find a way to lower it anymore. If anyone has a better set of items or strategy please let me know.

Edit: I choose 2 squads of archers and leave them at the begining.

EDIT 2:

I finally got it. It was a major pain. I used what I had mentioned above and switched back to my regualr items after 5,000+ kills. The only thing different was I droped Life globe 2 for a charm that gave me +50% defense. My stats for those that need help were:

Time 10:09

Kills 739

Standard Attack 684

Orb Spark 55

Orbs Obtained 8207

Max Combo 5702

Guard Survival Rate (%) 54

Successful Missions 9

Bonuses 0

Also I did not use a blue orb attack and only used 3-4 reds on small groups of baddies. I was about 5 away from a blue orb spark. Also get any chests and items droped on the way.

To those of you left to get an A or an S on this mission..... Good Luck to you. It was a pain for me. I've been trying since the release of the game.

special Thanks to Helg0r for his post above that put me on the right path.

Edited by Subion
Finally got it

• 1 year later...

I followed Helg0rs advice and equipped thingys so that I dropped my attackpower to 189.

The trick to getting a high combo is to only mash the yellow "y" button and skip the blue "x" button entirely.

I didn't get as high combo as all the others since they hit me so I tumbled down on the ground and therefore my hitcombo ended. Since my hitcombo ended I used my red orb attack to kill the rest off. I managed to use my blue orb attack twice in this battle so that's why I got that many orb spark kills. Here is the stats from the battle that awarded me with a A-rank!

Time - 19:54

Kills - 772

Standard Attack - 599

Orb Spark - 173

Orbs Obtained - 7982

Max Combo - 2553

Guard Survival Rate - 34

Bonuses - 1800

Successful Missions - 8

So after several tries I finally managed to do it. Good luck to all of you that's also trying to achieve A-rank! :woop:

Edit: I forgot to mention that I only used the default weapon and cursed choker which gave me 189 attackpower when trying to get a high combo. After that i switched to my normal gear and tried to clear everything else as fast as I could.

Edited by EternallyBroken

• 1 month later...