the final mission is IMPOSSIBLE! (spoilers)

Thinreaper

it is for me anyway haha ive tried it sooo many times, it makes me want to never play the game again!

Basically, no matter how fast i get on the boat and chase the chopper, little jacob lowers his chopper way too quickly and takes off before i can get anywhere near him! The guide says just do it fast but ive done it as fast as i possibly can, and since it takes Nico about 5 seconds to actually sit down in the boat once you've pressed Y theres not much more i can do

Anyone have any advice? Im seriously bummed out, its spoilt what was up until this, a pretty enjoyable single player.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You get on the bike and then chase the boat, then from the bike you go over a jump and get into the helicopter. Then chase the boat in the helicopter.

this isn't the same mission he's referring to. he's talking about the version of the mission you get if you do the "if the price is right" mission. you're talking about the "one last thing" mission.

This mission took me a fair few tries as well, just keep on trying and you should get it eventually. I never found it hard to get to Jacob's chopper in time I just found it hard to actually get Niko to get into the boat quick enough.

all i did was drive the boat and go to the arrow, one of easiest missions on the game IMO

just try and get as close to a corner as possible and not to stray too much and stay on the right side of the boat if possible, when i did it i was weaving in and out so i was not in a straight line.

I had the same problem with this mission. first time i couldn't get to Jacob quick enough, second time i went to high in the heli and lost him, third time i didn't get on the boat quick enough and got blown up...

BUT!

the 5th time i did IT! :D

All i can say is just keep trying. ;) as soon as you reach the boat swim over to the back press "x" to get into the back walk to the controls press "y" then just full throttle it. Don't pull back or foward on the joystick as that won't help much just keep following the heli if you start getting shot at with a sub machine or what ever it is he shoots at you not the RPG's. Don't slow down or back off because hes shooting you it won't kill you if anything it will knock a very small amout of health or armour off. then when Jacob comes down just keep heading for the arrow and you should make it. :)

I didn't have any problems climbing from the boat to Little Jacob's Chopper, the problem that I kept running into was actually getting the boat off of the dock before getting shot from an RPG. There were several times in a row where I would fall off of Dimitri's helicopter, immediately climb into the boat, only to immediately explode. Talk about frustrating. Once I got away from the dock, it was fairly simple from there. If you are having problems reaching Little Jacob's helicopter, you could try working the Trim (using the Left Analog Stick), that may help you get some extra speed.

So are there 2 different versions of the final mission, depending on the choices you've made earlier?

Yep you can either go...

Deal:

Price Is Right

Mr. & Mrs. Bellic *Roman Dies*

A Revengers Tragedy

Revenge:

A Dish Served Cold

Mr. & Mrs. Bellic *Kate Dies*

Out Of Commission

Edited by Taker447

this mission was probably the most annoying mission of all time. I have the same problem, I would make it to the helicopter but jacob raises it and I lose Dimitri, secondly I would get in the helicopter and get blown up. it took me about 30 times overal(no exaggeration), but I eventually did it. The trick is to get into the boat as quick as possible. If you get into the boat quickly, then you would make Jacobs helicopter easier.

I had 2 saves and in the end did the bike ending 1st time as the boat chasing was doing my head right in, checkpoints ffs R* don't piss your players off by making them do big missions over and over.

I don't see how you guys thought that mission was "hard".

I did it, first try, with half- health left.

Stay behind the helicopter, but don't ride it's ass. That'll get you easily blown away with an RPG. Then, when you see LJ's helicopter, just gun it. When you're in the helicopter, stay behind, and above the other helicopter. Don't go below it and (stay low) like it says, that's an easy way to get you hit with an RPG.

While driving a boat, cant you just use the right thumbstick to make the boat (i dunno boating terms) jump up less so the boat goes faster? its so stupid how I cant really explain anything to you but if you read the manual, there should be something in there about driving the boat. similar to riding the motorcycle, if you duck your head some, you drive much faster. Someone please explain better then me if you can understand me. Sorry. I'm a little slow today

This was almost the easiest mission in the whole game (I'll Take Her... gets the award for easiest). Were you tapping 'A' to swim as fast as possible to get to your boat?

Seriously, I had more than enough time to get on Jacob's helicopter.

this mission i actually got first try, i was somewaht amazed

but i have the stradegy guide

and i knew how long the mission was so i really didnt want to fail, i failed to many times on one of the longer missions and it was nerve recking

but yeah, just keep trying, you'll get it

good luck

i did it first try, no problems. caught up with the chopper pretty quick.

i'm thinking it might be the weather system -- the ease of the mission might depend on how choppy the water is.

either way, if you wanna talk impossible boating mission, go play vice city. there's a mission called "checkpoint charlie" and it's basically a checkpoint boat race that unlocks the boatyard as an asset. it took me close to 50 tries. everyone i know that played it had similar issues: you just can't make the checkpoints with enough time left unless everything goes amazingly perfect with the weather, you hit and land every jump perfectly, and you handle the boat perfectly. this is complicated by the wonky boat camera -- first person is slightly better, but not much. you can't actually see half the turns you have to make, so it's all blind memorization.

after that, the final mission of this game is practically nap time.