The Official Bitching Thread

WalterWhite

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One reason that duping doesn't bother me is what if your in a party of 4 trying to farm The Warrior or Terramorphous for Legendaries and 3 hours later they finally drop something good. 4 people all wanting the Conference Call could make things turn ugly when only 1 can get it.

Yesterday I was farming Terra with a friend for a couple hours on PT1 (Haven't gotten that far in PT2 yet). The only things he was dropping were the Class Mods. After 2 hours he finally dropped another legendary, which was the Blood of Terramorphous relic. At least after 2 hours of work that 1 item can be duped and shared.

So I'm finding myself getting really mad at this game very often. All of my anger is based off of one thing: the RIDICULOUS amounts of enemies that appear in an area at a time. Seriously? Do I need to fight (or be chased by, if I decide to run away, which I don't do) 10 Marauders and 6 Goliaths and 17 Psychos and 14 Nomads and 28 Loaders and 32 Combat Engineers and 40 Spiderants and 51 Stalkers and 80 Rakk in EVERY AREA?

Okay, I'm exaggerating, but still. I get really tired of having to burn through all of my ammo to get through one freaking section of... anywhere. It's not that the enemies are hard to kill, it's just that there's SO MANY you have to fight at once, that by the midpoint of the game they aren't even fun to fight anymore. Honestly, things like Stalkers and the Crystal beasts weren't very fun to kill to start with. And Rakk are the most annoying things in anything EVER. Thank goodness for Phaselock...

Bottom line: Fighting 300 enemies in one area DOES NOT equal fun. The enemies don't even drop loot that I use or that are worth more than like $300 anyway, and by level 25, $300 is pocket change. I don't want to have to kill 1000 enemies just to finish a single quest. It's annoying.

And yes, dying is part of the reason I hate fighting 1000 enemies all the time. I don't die THAT often, but regardless of how many times I die, killing the same 10 types of enemies 10,000 times just gets old.

I really dislike only having 27 backpack slots.

What. The. Hell.

Why does BL1 have so much more space but they claim BL2 has a bazillion more guns? Nice logic. More guns + less storage = fail. Really hope that a DLC doubles ALL item storage in the game. Instead of four in the stash, eight; instead of 27 backpack, 54 in the backpack, same goes for the vault.

My only real complaint with the game.

What's your problem with the backpack space now? Why isn't 27 enough? Is it coming from the vault + Claptraps storage not having enough space? If those had more space I think 27 slots for backpack is plenty for now.

You don't get it.

I even commented on this one earlier.

In the first game you could get 42 in your first paythrough.

By the end of the second playthrough, and including all DLCs you could end up with a total of 72 slots in your backpack.

Just the difference between 27 and 42 is 15 extra slots. That is ALOT of items.

I manage ok with 27, if I'm stuck and need more, I just ditch some of the crappy white weapons I've got to make space for anything better. I definitely don't need the money anymore from selling, you get to a point when money is near limitless as you have so much.

Only time I wished I had more was doing the treasure pyramid from the DLC, had to leave a few purples and blues behind then!

I agree with needing more storage. Especially with the # of distinct items you can collect from all the various quests...

I don't even need more backpack space (which person can really carry 35 items on them, I for sure cannot :D) but more bank space so I can have a near empty backpack when I go out on missions I know will be generous in return is a must....

You don't get it.

I even commented on this one earlier.

In the first game you could get 42 in your first paythrough.

By the end of the second playthrough, and including all DLCs you could end up with a total of 72 slots in your backpack.

Just the difference between 27 and 42 is 15 extra slots. That is ALOT of items.

No, I get that. But why do you need that many slots? With 27 you can carry 4x of every item and still have some room to pick stuff up. It's not like you get a bunch of worthwhile items at once. I guess for farming it could save you some time if you didn't want to leave the area/wanted to keep the items. If not all the bosses have vending machines to sell the few items that are worth selling.

Not trying to be argumentative or anything - just curious as why people feel that 27 isn't enough.

Why in TVHM 2.5, shields as a shield become useless? At this point in the game, the only benefit I get from my shield is the amp damage from it. The actual shield is more like an extension of my health and doesn't really protect me from bullets much. Even being level 50, good gear, good skills, I still get instantly killed by everything around me.

Why in TVHM 2.5, shields as a shield become useless? At this point in the game, the only benefit I get from my shield is the amp damage from it. The actual shield is more like an extension of my health and doesn't really protect me from bullets much. Even being level 50, good gear, good skills, I still get instantly killed by everything around me.

I agree it's a joke, which I why I just use the Bee. I might as well get the benefit of the amplify bonus on my 20k Bee Shield vs. any of the 50, 60 or 70k shields which are depleted after I get hit twice anyway.

I agree it's a joke, which I why I just use the Bee. I might as well get the benefit of the amplify bonus on my 20k Bee Shield vs. any of the 50, 60 or 70k shields which are depleted after I get hit twice anyway.

The difficulty in that regard seems a bit unbalanced. I know when I went through PT2.5 in BL1 I didn't have problems like that.

Crawmerax didn't even hit that hard.

I agree on the shields discussion. It´s just stupid. I´m level 50, my gear is all purple or orange, my melee damage with Zer0 can reach more than 1000K of damage under certain conditions, and yet, while playing along to farm, I don´t feel that much powerful because of the insane amounts of health the enemies have and doesn´t matter which shield I use, it always goes down sooo easy.

The Bee ... I don´t get where all the noise come from now that I finally get to collect two, after hearing everyone that it was a game breaker shield. Yes, 22K of recharge rate and the 50K damage bonus for an amp shot, playing four Co-Op game against one single enemy and everyone with a The Bee knowing that the enemy can´t take down everyones shield down at the same time, and the recharge rate being so high...well, no enemy can face that (Terramorphus goes down soooo easy with this strategy). But other than that, for my melee oriented and pistols as main gun Zer0, The Bee is useless.

Also, I really need several things from the game right now:

-An update for the loot drops quality. I hate to kill The Warrior or Terramorphus so often and they dropping thousand white shits no one cares about and two or three purple and orange stuff that not always are better than you already have.

-Level Cap.

-A fix on the Sanctuary Chest. I just stop opening that chest till the game is finally done, with every single level cap and every patch. It really seems that the kind of things you can get tend to repeat themselves and is not that much of the mega legendary oberpowered stuff I was expecting.

-Level Cap. NOW!!

- Fix the rare and legendary rate drop. I have only get to see 4 orange things in the whole game till level 50 and with a little bit of farming. I feel the first game got that better, you use to see more quality variety in the drops.

-Level Cap. F-U-C-K-I-N-G N-O-W!!

The Bee ... I don´t get where all the noise come from now that I finally get to collect two, after hearing everyone that it was a game breaker shield. Yes, 22K of recharge rate and the 50K damage bonus for an amp shot, playing four Co-Op game against one single enemy and everyone with a The Bee knowing that the enemy can´t take down everyones shield down at the same time, and the recharge rate being so high...well, no enemy can face that (Terramorphus goes down soooo easy with this strategy). But other than that, for my melee oriented and pistols as main gun Zer0, The Bee is useless.

Using The Bee on a melee build is doing it wrong, no?

Wouldn't a Maylay shield be better? I have no idea if there is a legendary version however? :/

I agree on the shields discussion. It´s just stupid. I´m level 50, my gear is all purple or orange, my melee damage with Zer0 can reach more than 1000K of damage under certain conditions, and yet, while playing along to farm, I don´t feel that much powerful because of the insane amounts of health the enemies have and doesn´t matter which shield I use, it always goes down sooo easy.

Also, I really need several things from the game right now:

-An update for the loot drops quality. I hate to kill The Warrior or Terramorphus so often and they dropping thousand white shits no one cares about and two or three purple and orange stuff that not always are better than you already have.

-Level Cap.

-A fix on the Sanctuary Chest. I just stop opening that chest till the game is finally done, with every single level cap and every patch. It really seems that the kind of things you can get tend to repeat themselves and is not that much of the mega legendary oberpowered stuff I was expecting.

-Level Cap. NOW!!

- Fix the rare and legendary rate drop. I have only get to see 4 orange things in the whole game till level 50 and with a little bit of farming. I feel the first game got that better, you use to see more quality variety in the drops.

-Level Cap. F-U-C-K-I-N-G N-O-W!!

The Bee rapes everything in the main game, but doesn't help much when taking on Hyperious or Master Gee.

The Bee is very useful though, even on a melee/pistol build of Zer0. Try using the Infinity pistol. Might as well be an MSG or Assault rifle.

Using The Bee on a melee build is doing it wrong, no?

Wouldn't a Maylay shield be better? I have no idea if there is a legendary version however? :/

The Order shield might be useful with a law type pistol. Even moreso if the pistol has a blade on it.

Black hole, and Hide of Teramorphis might also be useful.

The Bee rapes everything in the main game, but doesn't help much when taking on Hyperious or Master Gee.

The Bee is very useful though, even on a melee/pistol build of Zer0. Try using the Infinity pistol. Might as well be an MSG or Assault rifle.

That´s the thing too: Farming The Bee was boring as hell, and I din´t feel that much rewarded, therefor, I have quit farming legendary stuff. Also, heads, after killing henry over 40 times and no head I just rage quit.

I think I´ll stay as I am. Not going to do anything with zer0 any more till there´s a level cap and I have the DLCs, so I will give him a rest. I opened several times the golden chest of sanctuary and I´m sticking with most of it. I don´t think I really need to farm for the best uberpowered equipment, or at least, I don´t see the use of it right now. Once we reach final level cap? Who knows.

The Order shield might be useful with a law type pistol. Even moreso if the pistol has a blade on it.

Black hole, and Hide of Teramorphis might also be useful.

Yes, The Order plus The Law combo is basically my top wish for Zer0, but again, I think I´m waiting for the final level cap, wait to see if that level cap affects playthrough 2.5 of the vanilla game (not DLC content) and if my non active side mission do level up as well as the mission rewards. I´m also saving my remaining golden keys and actually expect to have around 20 to collect for when the game is done done (final level cap, all DLCs mayor and minor, no more golden keys and all of the patches).

It´s weird, because I really want to keep playing this awesome game, but at the same time I´m in this waiting state for the game to grow.

SolarFury: Maylay is fine. But actually right now I´m using several types of shields. My inventory is full of different shields, guns and grenades to complete all of the challenges. Regulary, Nova shields and spike damage are usually also valid answers for me, mainly because a 100% melee Zer0 is going to be not only doing lots of melee damage, but also receiving it,and the spike damage and nova explosions do come in handy, especially for the damage over time of the status effects for fight for your life mode.

• 2 months later...
The difficulty in that regard seems a bit unbalanced. I know when I went through PT2.5 in BL1 I didn't have problems like that.

Crawmerax didn't even hit that hard.

Crawmerax was fully capable of knocking out your defenses in a few hits. The good thing was you could breathe around him and he had a mostly reliable supply of Crabs and maggots to get up if you died.

Anyway, I can sum up what I want to say by just saying: DLC.