Bullshit

The Bum-Mobile

It's a foolish decision to push the game back to 2013. There is much less competition at this time of the year. They're only digging their grave by pushing it.

The problem is they wouldnt make a summer release date so it was either push it to next year or fail miserably in Q4(personally think it will fail regardless but thats another point)

The problem is they wouldnt make a summer release date so it was either push it to next year or fail miserably in Q4(personally think it will fail regardless but thats another point)

I think you're failing to realize the game is 100% done and ready to be printed. It would've probably taken a month for them to get the game on Western shelves, but Sega decide to condemn the game. In all honesty, it's probably a plan on Sega's part to have sales for the game falter, and use it as an excuse to cut Platinum loose.

I think you're failing to realize the game is 100% done and ready to be printed. It would've probably taken a month for them to get the game on Western shelves, but Sega decide to condemn the game. In all honesty, it's probably a plan on Sega's part to have sales for the game falter, and use it as an excuse to cut Platinum loose.

Agreed.

However hopefully this will work in Platinums favour, they can find a proper publisher and release Bayonetta 2 and make a killing ... send a big fuck you to out of touch Sega and there endless Sonic trash.

I havent seen anything anywhere that said the game was gold and ready to be pressed.

I havent seen anything anywhere that said the game was gold and ready to be pressed.

Then you haven't seen much!

That's the big controversy. If they said "You know what, this could be better. We're pushing it back to make it better." that'd be different. The game is ready, localized for the West. It's even coming out in Japan July 5th, two days after the planned Western release, but Sega put the game on hold for whatever reason.

That's the big controversy. If they said "You know what, this could be better. We're pushing it back to make it better." that'd be different. The game is ready, localized for the West. It's even coming out in Japan July 5th, two days after the planned Western release, but Sega put the game on hold for whatever reason.

Some people say it's because Sega is moving out of this business, and into digital or something. They want to release this and Aliens closer together, which seems like bullshit.

PG should've cut a deal with someone else instead of Sega.

Some people say it's because Sega is moving out of this business, and into digital or something. They want to release this and Aliens closer together, which seems like bullshit.

PG should've cut a deal with someone else instead of Sega.

It seems like that'd just be competition with themselves, so I'd also call bull. I mean, it's a bad time for Sega. Admittedly, it's not like they've ever really promoted Platinum's stuff like they do their frequent Sonic rehashes, but who can blame them? Sonic sells, gory chainsaw deaths in high contrast don't. Especially on the Wii!

Nonetheless, the delay bothers me. I can only see the game getting better sales during the summer, but I'm no economist.

got the sauce for that?

• 2 weeks later...
Quit your complaining, the game is region free. It's clear this decision proves Bum-Mobile's *theory* correct. LOL wants Platinum to fail so they can be cut loose", seriously dude, listen to yourself.

How many people who would've happened upon the game nonchalantly, looking for something new to play, are going to go out of their way to import a fucking video game? Sales lost. How many people who were looking forward to the game are going to import it? Definitely less than would've sold if it had a normal release! Sales lost. Explain to me why they would halt a ready-to-go product for any other reason than to cut Platinum loose? Maybe they won't even release it in the West, in which case I'll have to import. But until then, I'll wait.

Bite me.

Google is there for a reason.

Yeah no, that's not how internet arguments works. If you have the source to back up your claims you post it, unless you want people to not take you seriously. Lucky for you I already did your job for you.

Region free or not, who the hell would pay twice as much for a game?

Twice? I payed like 25% more including shipping.

Yeah no, that's not how internet arguments works. If you have the source to back up your claims you post it, unless you want people to not take you seriously. Lucky for you I already did your job for you.

Twice? I payed like 25% more including shipping.

Yeah yes, it is. When it's common knowledge to everyone else in the discussion except the one doofus who 'needs proof' an comes into a discussion about something which he has no background, yeah right I'm going to supplement his stupidity.

Yeah yes, it is. When it's common knowledge to everyone else in the discussion except the one doofus who 'needs proof' an comes into a discussion about something which he has no background, yeah right I'm going to supplement his stupidity.

its funny that someone else has to do the thread work for your own thread, and then he had to put you in your place for being an idiot. Its common forum ettiquette to post sources for information you pass on(especially when any of the articles ive read made no mention of what you claimed)...

Edited by Dz06lt

its funny that someone else has to do the thread work for your own thread, and then he had to put you in your place for being an idiot. Its common forum ettiquette to post sources for information you pass on(especially when any of the articles ive read made no mention of what you claimed)...

You know looking at the original link I posted if you read it and followed the links around you'd get all the answers you needed. Which is the point of linking articles, if you didn't know that. I was also under the impression that is was 'common forum etiquette' to read the original post thoroughly before going off on multiple forum-goers how incorrect we all are. Don't try and fool yourself; you were wrong. That's okay, it happens. When I'm next wrong you can point it out to me.