FAQs

CovertDog

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I kind of found an answer to my question, but not entirely. A Toyota I was looking at requires 'Level 50 in Asia' to unlock. If I switch regions, I start from level 1, correct?

Wrong, you retain your level when switching regions. Your region discount and ability to buy region specific cars is all that changes, well those and your credit balance :p (the cost to change region increases each time you do it)

Wrong, you retain your level when switching regions. Your region discount and ability to buy region specific cars is all that changes, well those and your credit balance :p (the cost to change region increases each time you do it)

So once I've purchased every single car from the United States, and I switch over to Asia, the 'level 50' Toyota will automatically unlock?

By the way, "A toyotas a toyota" is a palindrome.

Here's one: After I hired a driver for the fourth endurance race(for the third time), I was only awarded what looked like 10k credits. I was drunk at the time, so all bets are off, but I recently noticed that the logos of all the other races that are unlocked are black and white, but this one's now coloured. Can I only go to the well X amount of times per race? Would this apply to races I did myself as opposed to a hired driver? Has anyone else encountered this?

Here's one: After I hired a driver for the fourth endurance race(for the third time), I was only awarded what looked like 10k credits. I was drunk at the time, so all bets are off, but I recently noticed that the logos of all the other races that are unlocked are black and white, but this one's now coloured. Can I only go to the well X amount of times per race? Would this apply to races I did myself as opposed to a hired driver? Has anyone else encountered this?

1. You can do the same race as many times as you want, without a loss in money gained (except the bonus you get for completing an entire section of races, you can only get that once)

2. It's probably colored because you are in a car that matches the class for that race. Switch to a different class, and another one should be colored instead of black and white.

3. You were drunk, you probably misread it and it gave you 100k :p

Just got a quick question. Probably sounds really stupid but oh well...

I was trying to tune the Lingenfelter for a race (never tuned a car before) and the only "sliders" to make adjustments - that I could move was the ones under "TYRES" section.

I can't adjust anything else in any other section in tuning. Please help. Not sure what to do.

Just got a quick question. Probably sounds really stupid but oh well...

I was trying to tune the Lingenfelter for a race (never tuned a car before) and the only "sliders" to make adjustments - that I could move was the ones under "TYRES" section.

I can't adjust anything else in any other section in tuning. Please help. Not sure what to do.

More than likely, you haven't purchased upgrades or it isn't a tunable car. By default, most of the options are not configurable, and not all of the upgrades provide adjustable settings.

When going to upgrade the car, make sure you pay attention to the descriptions of what you're buying. Whenever you are buying that allows you to alter settings, it will list ADJUSTABLE (yes, really, in capital letters if I remember correctly).

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Want to earn some money, now. What is the best track in the endurance series to earn money. Of course I will hire a driver...but which car do I have to use and which options are the best?? Would be great to get some tips. Thanks!

Basically, your best bet is to use the highest paying endurance race you can enter. The money/time is going to be about the same for any of them.

Use the highest rated car in each class for the races, and simply make sure that you have the driver AI set to easy. Everything else you will want to max out if you're simulating, because it won't make a difference to the sim driver and you get more money. So, basically everything that gives you extra money (e.g. you get more for using manual transmission than auto), turn it up all the way. As long as you have the opponents AI to easy, the driver really shouldn't have much of a problem.

I can't remember the names of the cars I used, but basically, when you are taken to the screen of "available" cars for that race, hit RT to go all the way to the right, and pick the one furthest to the right that you have unlocked. As long as you aren't putting the sim driver in a car that's much worse than the others, you should be fine.

EDIT: It is also worth noting that nothing is 100% in this game. I simmed probably about 20-30 races (with most of them just being the highest endurance race available to get money) and the sim driver still lost a couple times. Probably 95% of the time he's going to blow away the rest of the field by 1 minute +, but every once in a rare while, he drops to 4th. Just kind of how it works, nothing you can do about it.

Edited by twotonkoala

• 2 weeks later...

Will gifting cars effect the collector achievements? I've heard people say "make sure to leave one to buy",etc. Do I need to buy the last car to unlock the achievements or will just having them in my garage from gifting unlock them?

Edit- As soon as you receive the cars from your buddy the achieves unlock...

Edited by B Diddy
Answered my own question

If I hire a driver for the endurance races, my game pauses when the controller turns off. How am i supposed to counter this? I don't really think the method most people use is to return every 15 minutes.

You have to either use a wired controller or a Play-n-Charge kit. That's the only way of preventing the controller from turning off.

Thanks for the above answer. but i have a new problem, my driver I like to hire dissapeared from the list. the 55% from america is gone.... How is this possible, and how can i counter this? I can hire another driver, but i don't want all of them to dissapear...

edit: nevermind, he got back with a few extra losses.

Edited by Castlevania1995

i'm having trouble with the class A world trophy series because every car i use doesn't seem to have enough speed or acceleration, i don't want to change my difficult so can u suggest a car that worked for you?

I don't remember which car I used, but you can just upgrade your current car as long as it stays class A. but be sure you also have enough grip, I overpowered my ferrari and its useless now. The upgrade thing is in the same menu as go race, my cars etc.

• 2 weeks later...