E-String Note Problems

RexDarr

I have this same issue with the E string. Drop D is really bad and I gotta strike the E several times in order to get it to fire in the duck hunt game. Also, in the riff challenge, the A sometimes won't register unless I play the D!! Very disappointing, especially when ya combine the latency issue, the setlist....and the price!!

I have this same issue with the E string. Drop D is really bad and I gotta strike the E several times in order to get it to fire in the duck hunt game. Also, in the riff challenge, the A sometimes won't register unless I play the D!! Very disappointing, especially when ya combine the latency issue, the setlist....and the price!!

Anyone experiencing this problem PLEASE call the customer support number on the back of the booklet! The more they hear about this, the closer we will get to finding out the actual cause, and maybe get a patch. I have the problem somewhat solved on my guitar that's tuned to standard by tuning down the low e slightly after the tuner accepts it, but drop-d is hell and I'm stuck @ the part where 2 or 3 of the songs are in drop-d because of this issue.

I had this issue before, but just retuned with my chromatic tuner. During gameplay i noticed that when i went from drop d back to standard tuning using the in game tuner that it did a pretty sloppy job. So i don't trust the in game tuner anymore, I'll always tune with my chromatic and let the in game tuner "verify" that i'm in tune. As long as your tuner is set to 440Hz you should be fine.

Also most guitars come standard with .09-.42 gauge strings. I'm guessing that some of you might use thicker gauge strings on your guitars and never had your guitar properly setup for those. Thicker strings = more tension on the neck, which can cause you to be out of pitch as you go down the neck. Also thicker strings could cause some fret buzz on your low E if the guitar wasn't designed for it (might need to file some frets down).

I found a pretty easy way to make sure the game will recognise your low notes (on standard tuning at least.) go to practice "Vasoline" single note (since most of the song takes place in the first 3 frets of low e) and keep tuning down until you force the game to recognize that first fret. Once that's corrected, it should pretty much be smooth sailing from there on. It ended up being a bit different than the the initial tuning, but the tuner accepted it on my next try anyways.

for drop-d I just screwed around on "Outshined" until there was no problem matching notes as well, but there's probably a better song to do it on. according to my chromatic tuner it barely qualifies as "d" it's so far on the low end, but I'm not having any problems w/ the notes registering aymore, and the in-game tuner accepts it.

Basically, you have to just keep tuning down until all the notes register correctly.

Hope this helps.

I still reccomend anybody having this problem contact customer service and let them know that it's happening.

Edited by KvnRnld

Isn't checking that the note matches @ the 12th fret basically checking the intonation?

kvnRnld, not according to the video on YouTube. But I have only be playing guitar for about 3 months now...so you might know better than do if you have been playing longer.

• 11 months later...

I'm using a gibson LP and i have to say i'm also having the same problem, also i have a problem with the A string but only from the 12th fret onwards, I noticed this while playing the solo to sunshine of your love, I tried tuning it down a tad but as stated before it makes drop D a nightmare, so come on people we all need to get onto customer support, it's a really fun game hate to see a small fault like this ruin it.

The game's ADA conversion is an emulation. If you do not have a standard length neck on the bass or guitar it will not register correctly. A short scale bass or long scale guitar are going to be a half-step off. For the other guitars, your neck may be bowed a little bit.

• 1 month later...

I have this same problem. Just got the game today and am probably going to return it tomorrow. On the 1st-5th frets on the E-string it always tells me I am a fret off so I have to purposely play the song incorrectly(it doesn't even sound right) in order for the game to register the right notes. Was really excited about this game and regret to say I am pretty disappointed with the product.

I had the same problem with my low E-string. It was actually all my strings from the 1st through 3rd frets, but especially my low E-string. My high E-string also rang constantly. I fixed the problem by fixing the intonation of my guitar and I always went into the fine tuning menu before I play a song or event to make sure I am in perfect tune. I think a cause of the problem was also the fact that my strings are a thicker gauge than most guitars.