New DLC Information Here!!!

Spades68

Facts for All DLC

Alright from what I've downloaded some information previously stated is a little off on the forums.

Basic Information

* UPDATE * "Saved games and DLC share information that corrupts saves if the DLC is deleted from your hard drive. If you reinstall the DLC, the saves should work again". credit - Infinity Master

* UPDATE * "New DLC Plasma Cutters are usable for {1 Gun Achievement} the game recognizes them as a plasma cutter since they share nodes". credit - Downsize

* Your downloaded goodies will be available via nearest store in game for FREE (aka 0 credit cost). But you must "BUY" them for "FREE" in order to use them.

* You can carry 2 of the same weapon. Example - Heavy Dmg Plasma Cutter (In left slot), Plasma Cutter (In top slot).

* Weapons apparently share nodes with previous weapons. So if you start a new game and go to the store on the first level and buy a 2nd Plasma Cutter, but have already spent a node to upgrade your original, they both will have a node inside them in the same exact spot. Weapons remain linear through entire game, put a node in 1 weapon and its counterpart will attain the same node. Example - Say you have a fully upgraded Plasma Cutter and you grab the new Heavy Dmg Plasma Cutter, the Hvy Dmg 1 will have the same exact upgraded nodes filled in.

* Weapons have altered base stats. So if a specific pack implies that it does more damage or shoots faster then it DOES regardless of how many nodes are on any weapon. Example - If you had a Plasma Cutter fully upgraded and a Hvy Dmg Plasma Cutter, the Hvy Dmg Plasma Cutter would do more damage per shot. (This was tested on the hive mind boss, it took 3 shots to blow up a yellow bulb instead of 5 with the normal cutter)

All In-Game DLC

Elite Pack: Content includes Elite Suit DLC/Elite Weapon Skin Pack DLC combined. Both of the 2 packs listed below. Consult the next 2 DLC content items below for further information.

Price - 240 MS Points

E
lite Suit:
Content includes 1 suit. Suit is level 5 and enhances a players inventory to full slots and gives 10% armor bonus.

Price - 200 MS Points

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb106/Oritz00/DeadSpaceEliteSuit.jpg

E
lite Weapon Skin Pack:
Content includes reskins of the Plasma Cutter, Pulse Rifle, and Line Gun. These guns are separate new weapons with no statistic changes other than the color of the weapons mentioned. These weapons are free for download via store in game once bought.

Price - 120 MS Points

(Insert Pictures Here)

Scorpion Pack: Content includes Scorpion Suit DLC/Scorpion Weapon Pack DLC combined. Both of the 2 packs listed below. Consult the next 2 DLC content items below for further information.

Price - 320 MS Points

S
corpion Suit:
Content includes 1 suit. Suit is level 5 and enhances a players inventory to full slots and gives 25% armor bonus.

Price - 200 MS Points

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb106/Oritz00/DeadSpaceScorpionSuit.jpg

S
corpion Weapon
Pack
:
Content includes faster firing (shoots faster, base weapon stats INCREASED) Plasma Cutter, Line Gun, and Force Gun. The weapons also are completely reskined to mimic the look of the scorpion suit. These guns are separate new weapons with base speed for firing increased.

Price - 180 MS Points

(Insert Pictures Here)

Military Pack: Content includes all 7 weapons in the game with increased damage (Military Pack weapons will deal more base damage than default versions of same said weapon). These guns are completely reskined to mimic the military suit color scheme. They are separate weapons than the default weapons in the game.

Price - 320 MS Points

(Insert Pictures Here)

Tank Pack: Content includes 1 suit and 3 guns. Suit is level 5 and enhances a players inventory to full slots and gives 60% armor bonus (not lying). Guns included are powered up (guessing damage increase please help confirm) and are the Flamethrower, Line Gun, and Force Gun. The suit and weapons are all reskinned with Unitology Script (lots of scribling of alien language on them). They are separate weapons than the default weapons in the game.

Price - 320 MS Points

(Insert Pictures Here)

Astronaut Pack: Content includes 1 suit and 3 guns. "Suit is level 6 and enhances a players inventory to full slots and gives 30% armor bonus." credit - Nitroxide. Guns included are reskins of the Plasma Cutter, Pulse Rifle, and Ripper. None of the statistics on the weapons are changed but they are completely different weapons and do no replace defaults.

Price - 240 MS Points

(Insert Pictures Here)

Heavy Damage Pack: Content includes 4 guns. All guns have increased base damage and are the Plasma Cutter, Pulse Rifle, Contact Beam, and Ripper. These weapons have altered base stats and have been completly reskinned to look like glowing blue circuit boards. These weapons are different and do not replace defaults.

Price - 240 MS Points

(Insert Pictures Here)

Speed Kills Pack: Content includes 3 faster firing guns (shoots faster, base weapon stats INCREASED) which are Plasma Cutter, Line Gun, and Force Gun. The weapons have altered base stats and have been completly reskinned to look like caution tape. These weapons are different and do no replace defaults.

Price - 180 MS Points

(Insert Pictures Here)

Pedestrian Pack: Content includes 3 guns. Guns included are reskins of the Plasma Cutter, Contact Beam, and Ripper. None of the statistics on the weapons are changed but they are completely different weapons and do no replace defaults.

Price - 120 MS Points

(Insert Pictures Here)

Hot Rod Pack: Content includes 2 guns. Guns included are reskins of the Flamethrower and Pulse Rifle. The weapons have a flame look to them altering from redish orange to blue flames. None of the statistics on the weapons are changed but they are completely different weapons and do no replace defaults.

Price - 80 MS Points

(Insert Pictures Here)

Big Gun Pack: Content includes 1 gun. Gun included is a completly new weapon, "the gun uses "Force Energy" ammunition. Weapon has a node map and can be upgraded like any other weapon". credit - ATCS (More information please help. What does it shoot like, such as graphic, wide spread, aiming pattern. Also does Force Energy drop more frequently as if you had the force gun on you, when you holding the *Big Gun*)

Price - 80 MS Points

(Insert Pictures Here)

If this guide helps 1 person save any money than it did its job. I obviously could use some help on this, any information inaccuracy I will correct immediatly. Pictures would be nice *please send pictures to [email protected]*. Really need the help of the community here to get this thing off the ground, I did the best I could with what I know, help me please and we can all make a sticky.

Pictures will be formatted and edited to be more pleasing to the eye and easier to skim through once I feel like I have a few more to play around with, feel free to help me out, your submissions will be credited to your user name I promise.

Hate to sound lame but *1st sticky ever!* (let me have my small victory)

________

Replays Sc2

Edited by Spades68

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For anyone interested, the Big Gun uses Force Energy as ammo and takes usually 1-2 hits to take out any Necromorph as opposed to 2-3 shots from a regular Plasma Cutter.

I'm sure it would be amazing fully maxed out, as i'm doing right now.

Let me ask you this, I started the game on Impossible, and I'm trying to get the "One Gun" achievement at the same time. If I use one of those new DLC plasma cutters, will it not let me get the achievement?
Yes you will still get the one gun achievement. The game sees your Heavy Damage Plasma Cutter as if it were a normal one, the nodes you have in your normal one are also in your heavy damage one. Exact.

This is really awsome man, thanks, but just to be perfectly clear on this, what is stronger for IMPOSSIBLE :

1) When you say "Base weapon stats increased" like for the Elite and Scorpion suit, do these weapons have the same power as the "Heavy damage pack" ?

2) Do the "Heavy weapons pack" and the "Tank pack" weapons have the same power, or is one better ?

3) And so, since I have my Military suit maxed out for IMPOSSIBLE (just started it before Gears), what do I need to buy to make IMPOSSIBLE POSSIBLE lol ? What weapon packs ?

Thanks guys :)

* UPDATE * "Saved games and DLC share information that corrupts saves if the DLC is deleted from your hard drive". credit - Infinity Master (If you reinstall the DLC, the saves should work again, but this is speculation... so confirm please)

It is confirmed. What's more, if you downloaded let's say the Elite suit for free, and it is now charged, you will be able to DL it again for free, of course.

EDIT : I have now the Heavy Damage Pack Plasma Cutter maxed out, and it does exactly the same amount of damage in IMPOSSIBLE as the regular one in EASY mode, except on Brutes and bosses. That's how powerful it is. Even on the black versions of enemies and Pregnants. One shot, one limb, and if you aim right, you can tear 2 arms or legs in one single shot.

Last but not least, be careful putting on the Astronaut ot Tank suit in IMPOSSIBLE with the Military suit on : it will disappear forever (but the Tank suit is the best anyway)...

Edited by Asturgis

I couldn't get the Military Suit on Impossible glitch to work, so I just went out and bought the tank suit. Usually I don't like microrapements, but I got the game for free, so didn't feel too bad about paying $4.00 US for it. I can take photos of it if you like but it's really just the Elite Suit with dark black color

Big Gun Pack: Content includes 1 gun. Gun included is a completly new weapon, "the gun uses "Force Energy" ammunition. Weapon has a node map and can be upgraded like any other weapon". credit - ATCS (More information please help. What does it shoot like, such as graphic, wide spread, aiming pattern. Also does Force Energy drop more frequently as if you had the force gun on you, when you holding the *Big Gun*)

Price - 80 MS Points

As far as I know, this is pure BS, the Big Gun is just a regular/stronger Mega-PK that looks yellowish. It uses Mega-PK ammo. Apart from this gun, there is no other stand alone weapon on my DLC page, but maybe it didn't come out in Europe, which I doubt.