Very Hard = Very Easy?

judd90

I thought this game was a cake walk compared to other games on their hardest settings.

I think the most frustrating thing about it is how your stupid teammates always get in the way. Numerous times I tried ducking out of the way of bullets and Ishi is standing right behind me so I can't move. Or when I try to fire a flail gun and the dumb fuck runs right in front of me and it wraps around his head.

The game is so easy because most of the enemies can be leashed from far away and then instantly killed by an environmental hazard.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those Burnouts were pretty disastrous too.

Are you saying you had difficulty with burnouts on very hard? I can somewhat understand having issues shooting them in their "killzones" with the PMC, Screamer or Boneduster. However, the thing about burnouts is that 95% of the time you run into them you are surrounded by tons of environmental hazards you can use. The vast majority of the time you run into burnouts the only reason to fire your weapon is to get different skillshots.

Also the bouncer cannon, flail gun and penetrator all RAGE burnouts.

What game is this???

Bulletstorm, and it's a great game.

Are you saying you had difficulty with burnouts on very hard? I can somewhat understand having issues shooting them in their "killzones" with the PMC, Screamer or Boneduster. However, the thing about burnouts is that 95% of the time you run into them you are surrounded by tons of environmental hazards you can use. The vast majority of the time you run into burnouts the only reason to fire your weapon is to get different skillshots.

Also the bouncer cannon, flail gun and penetrator all RAGE burnouts.

Not really, but there were some frustrating times when I didn't have my bouncer cannon, flail gun, or what have you and they'd get me cornered and beat me mercilessly. And they're pretty brutal once a big group gets you cornered. Kind of like piranhas.

However, I do agree that burnouts always have some sort of environmental hazard on the perimeter of them that you could easily kick or slide them into.

I've never completed a game solo on the hardest difficulty before but I'm going for it on this game. I've got to Act 2 Chapter 2 with very little difficulty. Had to replay the disco miniboss about 3 times, which was the worst part but I think it's workable.

I shall be using the tips here to get through some of the difficult points so cheers for those.

I like the tip for doing it reverse and did consider doing it that way myself as you get given a load of points and can just buy whatever weapons you think are necessary for that section, such as charged boneduster, charged screamer and thumper for the minibosses on Act 7 Chapter 1.

I'm going to try it the normal way first and see how I do, and resort to tactical play if it all goes wrong, I'm confident I can do it right though.

For me and I knew it would be an issue as I had issues on normal would be where you are on the back of that train. I did that in about 3 goes which I was very pleased with tbh on very hard as it was about 10 on normal lol

I found it not to hard, only had one major frustration point in the game. The train in, I believe, Act1, chapter 2. Once past this point not a single problem anymore, just keep the ammo filled up, thumper, screamer and flailgun was the way to go for me.

Disco boss is not one of the three choke points that I think is most difficult in the very hard mode of this game. If it is, then I think you'd be in for a really hard time...

Nevertheless, there's always youtube.

I agree. The disco was rather easy. If he was having problems with that I doubt he will be able to get through the lift or the room with multiple minibosses later on.

For me and I knew it would be an issue as I had issues on normal would be where you are on the back of that train. I did that in about 3 goes which I was very pleased with tbh on very hard as it was about 10 on normal lol

I just finished this section today and died three times as well. I thought I was going to die way more than that since on normal I died at least five or six times. It was a lot easier the second time around.

It's funny how people get stuck on different points.

I got through the train bit without dying.

And Neeker75 and BigBear2Face - I think the problem I had with the disco miniboss was a lack of patience. Once I stayed hidden and made sure I was fully healed before poking out I didn't have any trouble and since then the only trouble I've had is finding the time to play it.

Got as far as 5-3 last night and I've not struggled on any other section or with any other minibosses. I have seen some useful tactics for the sections with multiple minibosses and I shall use those.

Hoping to get the game finished tomorrow evening.

Got as far as 5-3 last night and I've not struggled on any other section or with any other minibosses. I have seen some useful tactics for the sections with multiple minibosses and I shall use those.

Hoping to get the game finished tomorrow evening.

Just remember these things for that section:

#1 Thumper is your best friend

#2 Quickly get into one of the secluded high corners for cover (the one up and to right of where you come in is best)

#3 The Flail Gun and Bouncer are great weapons to have here

Just remember these things for that section:

#1 Thumper is your best friend

#2 Quickly get into one of the secluded high corners for cover (the one up and to right of where you come in is best)

#3 The Flail Gun and Bouncer are great weapons to have here

Cheers for the advice, I shall put it into action and make sure I make it through alive.

All finished. Cheers for the advice all.

I died three times in the boss room. I used a flailgun and boneduster, plus the good old thumper.

Did the lift third time, once I got the pattern down. But that's the 1000 gs.

Congrats! I am still working on it but have been out of town for a week. Trying to finish mine before the Gears Beta

I did the act 7 chapter 1 room with 4 bosses first attempt luckily!

I watched a guide on youtube first though as I heard it was really tricky.

here's the video guide if anyone wants it

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mr3tDA-5OBc]YouTube - Bulletstorm Very Hard Difficulty: Act 7 - Chapter 1 - That Thing Is Leaving Without Us II[/ame]

Just finished Very Hard difficulty today (offline, because I heard the Title Update f*cks up your save or at least has the potential to do so). The hardest part for me was the damn lift with the critters. Took me a while to get the hang of it and I must have died 10 times. Then once I watch The Sephraim17's video on it, I do it first try LOL.

Just finished Very Hard difficulty today (offline, because I heard the Title Update f*cks up your save or at least has the potential to do so). The hardest part for me was the damn lift with the critters. Took me a while to get the hang of it and I must have died 10 times. Then once I watch The Sephraim17's video on it, I do it first try LOL.

exactly the same with me

if "very hard" was "very easy" than it would be called "very easy". what a fuckin' retard. i love how people say the stupidest things - i have never played a game on the hardest difficulty and thought to myself "damn that was easy". Easy means u might die once or twice - hell i died way more than that on normal, but then again i wasn't playing the game ducking for cover every 2 seconds.

Edited by Mellow Tha Pro

• 4 weeks later...

i find the above post very harsh, as gamers we all have a wide range of different games that we have played and had experiences with giving us a referefence point on how difficult a game is regardless of the developers difficulty level.

i found this game really easy on very hard, only rented it so went for the hardest from the off and it took me a few hours and i was done. Slightly dissapointed about the difficulty level but an awome game never the less.

The part that caught me out was with the bugs on the elevator, but once i stoped trying to fire at the them at the top near the gears, and down the bottom where they spawn :uzi::uzi::uzi:(simple, i know) all done.

Now onto echoes.....