What's up with everyone saying this game is easy?

Soul Splitter

I recently started playing this game on the normal difficulty for my first time ever. I figured this game was easier then DMC4 so I decided to give it a shot since everyone said it was an easy 1000:gsicon:

However it turned out to be quite challenging... I only got one silver statue on a level and the rest were stone. Additionally I must have died >50 times in the short time I played. I don't get it. I feel like I'm doing everything right. I tried not to use a massive amount of items, I mixed up combos, and I attempted to get most dodges. I just don't see how I'm going to do this on hard or the hardest difficulty... Is there something else? IS there a cheep trick people use or something? Are there walk-throughs people use to make fights easier. Please help!

Edited by Soul Splitter

I recently started playing this game on the normal difficulty for my first time ever. I figured this game was easier then DMC4 so I decided to give it a shot since everyone said it was an easy 1000:gsicon:

However it turned out to be quite challenging... I only got one silver statue on a level and the rest were stone. Additionally I must have died >50 times in the short time I played. I don't get it. I feel like I'm doing everything right. I tried not to use a massive amount of items, I mixed up combos, and I attempted to get most dodges. I just don't see how I'm going to do this on hard or the hardest difficulty... Is there something else? IS there a cheep trick people use or something? Are there walk-throughs people use to make fights easier. Please help!

Well I think I have found an answer to my problem. It is most likely my weapon combination since when I changed that things became a heck of a lot easier. Alright, I don't think I need anymore help, but if anyone else has any suggestions feel free to post otherwise mods you are free to delete this thread. I got kind of mad and I just posted this without thinking. I know it was stupid and I'll try not to let it happen again. I didn't mean to flood your boards with old things that have already been asked. :(

Don´t worry about the harder difficulties, you will be able to collect tons of items along the way that will make it much easier for you! :)

Check out the collectibles guide to see where/how you can get those. I´m mainly referring to the ´broken moon pearls´ (increase your magic gauge) and the ´bloody witch hearts´ (increase your vitality bar). Make sure that you have collected as many as possible before you advance to hard mode. That also means that you need to complete as many Alfheim challenges as you can (check out the guide for the locations), since you get either a moon pearl or a witch heart as a reward for completing them. These challenges are also a great way to train yourself, improve your skills. The Alfheims are only availabe in normal mode and harder, I strongly recommend to do them on normal since that will be easier. Buy all the remaining hearts/pearls at the Gates of Hell. There are also accessories that you can buy from Rodin. Take a look at what they do and use them to your advantage! :D

You will also unlock new weapons during the game, more powerful weapons. ;)

Keep playing, you will get better at it. Don´t worry. :)

p.s.

There is the ´flute glitch´ that could help, but if I were you I wouldn´t use it too much since these items are not available in the Alfheim challenges!

• 1 month later...

You probably heard it was an 1000 because of the Rocket Kick glitch, which makes getting your combo meter in each verse ridiculously easy. The game itself takes some getting used to (mastering witch time and discovering the Alfheim Portals), but if you like/love DMC then this game is definitely for you. Remember, some achievements are supposed to be challenging!

This game is pretty easy. Just a few tips:

1) Start on easy or very easy. This way you can unlock all your moves and some nice accessories. But the best thing is: you unlock the immortal marionette accessorie.

2) Start a game on normal and buy/equip the imortal marionette.

3) Just start tapping the b and y button and jump around a bit. Normal mode completed.

4) Start a game on hard mode and repeat step 2 and 3. Collect some health potions for the final boss in the epilogue.

5) I havent started the hardest mode, but i suppose it should be a bit more challenging. If its too hard; replay some missions on (very) easy to earn halos and buy more health potions. O yea; you can get a bigger health bar by finding items ingame or buying it in shop.

6) I understand there are some glitches that can help you out as well.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQ2p5JQjxosWow, alot of different responses here!

Well, I like the game, to be honest, I LOVE THE GAME, it's nothing like DMC, it's f'n better! I always thought that DMC was made by the Japanese FOR THE JAPANESE! And Bayo was made so that we in the west could enjoy something similar!

First and foremost, X Y X will be your bread and butter! practice this in your sleep, the great thing is you can even charge each attack, hold X hold Y hold X

Another thing, KILGORE GLITCH people! heeeellllooooo?

First, Kilgore must be on the feet in one set and Durga on the feet in the other, it doesn't matter what you have in your hands, I recommend, Durga on hands AND feet for set one, and Durga for hands and KILGORE for feet in set two!

Now let the magic begin!

What you do is, you start witht the Durga/Durga (LIGHTNING recommended) set and you go P P P P K

once you hit the K(ick) button, you should see Bayo raising her leg (going for the kick) THIS IS WHEN YOU SWITCH TO THE OTHER SET BY PRESSING LT!

And since I'm a n00b on this site and don't know how to post a the video in my post, I'ma have to do it like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQ2p5JQjxos&feature=player_detailpage

Hope this helps!

And oh! STAY AWAY FROM IMMORTAL MARIONETTE, it's sucks, and it's a waste of halos! You're better off spamming X Y X, Scarburough (the sword, sorry for misspelling) and Durga works awsome!

Edited by Echi Echiba
Forgot to mention that immortal marionette or whatever its called sucks, and people can rather save those halos for something

Sword and Witch-time = Untouchable on first two playthroughs.

Even infinite climax wasn't that bad, it just required patience since witch time is gone. This was one of the most unique and fun experiences in early 2010.

I agree. Once I played it on normal then hard, I already had enough experience on this game, and I died less times on infinite climax than on previous difficult settings. I think it's obvious to say but knowing how to dogde is the key to clear the game on infinite climax.

And oh! STAY AWAY FROM IMMORTAL MARIONETTE, it's sucks, and it's a waste of halos! You're better off spamming X Y X, Scarburough (the sword, sorry for misspelling) and Durga works awsome!

Okay to each its own. Some like to glitch and cheat their way to achievements, while others like to use the methods that are offered by the game.

I finished it on hard in 2 weekends by using the Immortal Marionette. It wasnt much of a challenge, but i was only playing this game for achievements anywayz...

Its a cool game though. Maybe if i had more time for this game i would play it more often.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

The game has hard bits and easy bits like everything else.

Of course, using the plaza telephones to get the tough stuff like the beam sword and that uber-accessory (I forget names) doesn't hurt either... especially for achievement purposes.

My trophy case only has a complete line for V.Easy mode. The rest are piecemeal at best because I preferred to take them on while flailing wicked weaves all over the damned place with every attack.

I'm also wondering if that accessory which activates witch-time when you get hit will work on Infinite Climax... afterall, it seems to work in other situations where I shouldn't be able to do witch-time (did strike me as odd).

Guess I COULD find out... but I have to find the last of those damned chests first... -_-;

It's those Alfheim portals that I am finding to be such a pain!

I'm currently playing through on my hard difficulty and so far so good, but some of those portals I cannot seem to complete....

Gonna try those again after beating hard difficulty.

You could have tried doing them on Normal... Just saying.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I found most of the game to be a matter of preparedness. The more I learned the different combos, weapons, and timing the easier everything became. Some alfheims were impossible, until I'd find the one thing I needed to do (i.e. holding attack buttons down longer on limited kicks and punches levels.)

True, but i still think some of those Alfheim are a matter of luck, i found some of those to be the biggest pain in the game,

• 3 weeks later...

For the first 2/3 of the game on normal it was quite easy, but the last third was extremely hard, so I had to go grind on lower levels to get more abilities to finish the game on normal. This is one of the few games that I have had difficulties finishing on normal, so in my mind this isn't your typical "easy game".

For the first 2/3 of the game on normal it was quite easy, but the last third was extremely hard, so I had to go grind on lower levels to get more abilities to finish the game on normal. This is one of the few games that I have had difficulties finishing on normal, so in my mind this isn't your typical "easy game".

I agree. I got the hang of it eventually, but resorted to doing climax difficulty using the climax bracelet. You just need to find some weapons that suit you. I liked the sword and ice shoes. Then just keep with Y B Y etc.

• 1 month later...

Yeah wait til you get to Climax difficulty, and Witch Time goes out the window. :] It took me FOREVER to get past the first "flashback" battle with Jeanne on Infinite Climax as on top of not having witch time I didn't have my acquired weapons. x____x The final battle with her was super hard as well. She made the final boss look like a joke.

• 2 months later...

I think some people are liars. I'm having a pretty rough time on normal so far (still trying to get used to witch time and such) and I have 1000 in DMC4. The combos don't seem to flow as well and I personally think the gameplay is a little too complex (i.e. too many different combos to even begin trying to memorize.) The game is fun, don't get me wrong, but this game is providing a decent challenge for me.