The Skyrim Glitch Thread (Discuss All Glitches Here!)

Method

I am having a huge issue with Death Incarnate.

Anytime I embrace the Night Mother my screen just fades to black and stops working.

This really sucks because I ain't a fan of having multiple saves so my only save is right before I embrace her. I am level 39 have done about 700 worth of the achievements and have discovered alot of locations.

I love Skyrim but I don't know if I can be arsed starting all over again.

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am having a huge issue with Death Incarnate.

Anytime I embrace the Night Mother my screen just fades to black and stops working.

This really sucks because I ain't a fan of having multiple saves so my only save is right before I embrace her. I am level 39 have done about 700 worth of the achievements and have discovered alot of locations.

I love Skyrim but I don't know if I can be arsed starting all over again.

That happened to me, just save right before it and keep doing it until it works. My tip is just give it like 5 minutes every time you do it and sometimes it'll load up if you wait long enough or just keep doing it. Another thing that might help is to install it to your hdd because that sequence requires a cutscene that needs to load and Skyrim has loading issues when not installed.

That happened to me, just save right before it and keep doing it until it works. My tip is just give it like 5 minutes every time you do it and sometimes it'll load up if you wait long enough or just keep doing it. Another thing that might help is to install it to your hdd because that sequence requires a cutscene that needs to load and Skyrim has loading issues when not installed.

I got it working :)

What I done is as soon as I went in the chamber I started using the wait feature, I kept waiting an hour or so through it and eventually Nazir found me.

My favorite Skyrim glitches are technically easter eggs, but one of them requires a glitch to get outside of Whiterun and make the game think you're still in Whiterun; one of two easter egg chests I found by doing this (with the help of my friend) and then the other one simply by looking at the ground in a specific location. Grants me unlimited gold and ebony ingots along with whatever else is in the chests that I can't think of. :)

I have read a bunch of posts and links regarding the issue of the Companion's quest "Glory of the Dead" not triggering after you return to Whiterun and complete "Purity of Revenge". The bug listed on Bethesda's bug list too. Looks like people had this problem way back in 2011.

I ran into this problem just yesterday (started Skyrim two weeks ago) and have tried a number of things to get the funeral to begin. The only solutions I have seen online are for a PC however.

Does anyone have a solution to this issue, or at least know how far back I will have to go in my saved games in order to fix this?

I have never been to Winterhold, so I never received the "Helm of Winterhold" quest that people say can cause issues with "Glory of the Dead" starting.

I have also gone back to a previous save during "Purity of Revenge" and tried to redo that part to no effect.

Any help is much appreciated!

I have read a bunch of posts and links regarding the issue of the Companion's quest "Glory of the Dead" not triggering after you return to Whiterun and complete "Purity of Revenge". The bug listed on Bethesda's bug list too. Looks like people had this problem way back in 2011.

I ran into this problem just yesterday (started Skyrim two weeks ago) and have tried a number of things to get the funeral to begin. The only solutions I have seen online are for a PC however.

Does anyone have a solution to this issue, or at least know how far back I will have to go in my saved games in order to fix this?

I have never been to Winterhold, so I never received the "Helm of Winterhold" quest that people say can cause issues with "Glory of the Dead" starting.

I have also gone back to a previous save during "Purity of Revenge" and tried to redo that part to no effect.

Any help is much appreciated!

Unfortunately you only have 3 options.

1. Continue with your current game and just accept the fact you can't complete the companions questline. Plan on just doing this first thing on your next playthrough.

2. Go back to a previous save before even starting this questline. (may mean going back 10-20 hours) and keep your fingers crossed it works this time.

3. Start a whole new playthrough.

All of these options suck bigtime I know but unfortunately that's the nature of this Skyrim game. Too many bugs to count.

I don't know if this has been said before, (there are 13 pages of posts) but the only glitch I have been really annoyed by was when I decided to do quite a bit of exploring right after finishing the bleak falls barrow quest to retrieve the dragon stone, I wasn't quite ready to face a dragon so I went round leveling up a bit, anyway when I came back Irileth was already by the big boulder, I expected that and the quest went fine up untill I killed the dragon, the dragon died but I never absored its soul, so this in turn never activated the next main quest, I just stood there for about 2 minutes thinking "WTF" I don't know what caused this, ever since then I have made sure to do that quest before exploring even though I get randomly attacked by dragons lol

So, I've encountered my first real glitch. Legate Rikke doesn't want to give me my quest in the Winterhold Imperial Camp.

I've tried pretty much everything I've read about that glitch... what's my solution ? Screw the Civil war questline, finish the rest and restart the civil war questline in another playthrough ?

I found a way to get around this glitch I got. and I think it's important to know it's possible to get all civil quest achievements even with a glitch like this.

Hopefully for me, the main quest was not yet totally completed when this occurred. So I had my idea to get around it at Season Unending.

So, I continued the main quest and in Season Unending, The stormcloaks asked for Markarth and in exchange the Imperials asked for Winterhold. This was the only transaction i got in Season Unending. After finishing the main quest, the objective related to regain Winterhold was automatically completed. I then went to General tullius and he asked me to continue the Reunification of Skyrim quest by going to Eastmarch. I could then finish the civil war questline.

Ok, I had the same glitch in the Eastmarch Imperial camp, but a dragon immediately attacked. and after defeating it, Legate Rikke finally wanted to give my quest to continue.

So I have done this quest before with my first character, but the second time around I cannot seem to activate the second part of this quest. I'am past level 15 in fact, I'am level 20 and I have waited at Winterhold for the courier who never arrives. I did not look at the scroll before hand, but can someone confirm for me that to activate the rest of this quest I must reach the quest in the main storyline when the scroll is actually needed? I cannot see any other problems or solutions other than that.

I can't complete the TOUCHING THE SKY quest which is apparently a very common glitch, too bad that doesn't help me. I have no saves to reload to.

EDIT: It doesn't stop you from completing the quest it just takes the quest arrow away.

Edited by mbailey347

I got a quest to get a book for the Orc guy in the arcaneum but I had already found the book beforehand and it won't let me progress in the quest, is there any way to fix this?

Do you have a quest marker? Because if the book is not unique, e.g. it's one of the skill books, you still have to get a specific copy of that book. Even if you have the same book in your inventory. If not, then maybe try placing book back to where you found it and pick it up again.

Do you have a quest marker? Because if the book is not unique, e.g. it's one of the skill books, you still have to get a specific copy of that book. Even if you have the same book in your inventory. If not, then maybe try placing book back to where you found it and pick it up again.

Yeah I have a quest marker but when I check the chest the book ain't there, also the book is unique and I can't remove it from my inventory because it's considered a quest item. The book's called 'cleansing the fane'.

My lovely glitched things:

• Gallus's Encoded Journal is stuck as a quest item
  • Amulet of Talos is stuck as a quest item
  • Return to Esbern is stuck as a misc quest
  • Bring a follower to Delphine is stuck as a misc quest
  • Days as a werewolf continue to increase even though I was cured
  • Sometimes the game acts as if I have never played it, repeating tutorial messages, etc.
  • The Dark Brotherhood Forever is glitched in quest log
  • Talk to the Companion leaders for work is stuck as a misc quest
  • Attunement Sphere is stuck as a quest item

Edited by Nevander

Guest Scotty

• Gallus's Encoded Journal is stuck as a quest item
  • Return to Esbern is stuck as a misc quest
  • Bring a follower to Delphine is stuck as a misc quest
  • Days as a werewolf continue to increase even though I was cured
  • Sometimes the game acts as if I have never played it, repeating tutorial messages, etc.
  • The Dark Brotherhood Forever is glitched in quest log
  • Talk to the Companion leaders for work is stuck as a misc quest
  • Attunement Sphere is stuck as a quest item

i have the galluses journal and the attunement sphere perma-stuck too.

can i just say though, that, the esbern one and the delphine one aren't glitched and i responded in your thread about them, with a bit more detail. the dark brotherhood forever and talk to the companions leaders for work are both permanent quests, that once completed can be completed again. so they aren't glitched, they just go on forever.

I just found a way to bypass the glitch for Purity of Revenge. After you come back and see that the Companions are glitched, I went and attacked Vilkas till he fought back. I'm an Imperial so I used my Voice of the Emporer to calm them afterwards. Which after I used my voice, the quest popped up and I was able to continue the quest. :uzi:

A game as high profile as this that has 14 pages of glitches and bugs should be investigated in my honest oppinion.

I've had arrows not fire, arrows have a 5 second delay firing, enemies walking through scenery, myself walking into a mountain.....it's ridiculous actually, don't get me wrong I'm invested in the lore and story etc but the amount of bugs and glitches is unacceptable

Did you get that Amulet of Talos from the guy that got executed when you first enter Solitude? As that exact amulet is in fact an actual quest item. The guys mother wants you to collect it off his body for a miscellaneous quest.