Is there a more complete version of this game that I'm missing?

Don't get me wrong I loved this game, the art style of Gagne is one of a kind, but honestly I'm getting more play time in the Lantern Run than what I thought was going to be a more impactful campaign.

This trailer is widely known to everyone as the bench mark trailer for the game [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8Mwcmo36iE]‪Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet Xbox Live Trailer - Debut‬‏ - YouTube[/ame] but practically every single image in this trailer was not in the game. So am I missing something, is there a more complete game to what was offered on Xbox Live?

I'm not blind to content being cut for whatever reason but that was a lot of content and I was really looking forward to fucking up that multi-eyed tentacle thing at 1:53.

holy shit, now that you mention it... where the hell is the rest of the game? I remember that trailer from over a year and a half ago and it made me so stoked to get this game. I just finished it and it felt really empty... Now I know why.

You're right, almost none of what was in that trailer was in the final game and now I feel ripped off for paying 15 bucks.

• 2 weeks later...

I recieved a response from Michel Gagne today, here is what he has to say:

Yes, a lot of what we did in the 5 years it took to put ITSP together ended up on the cutting floor. This was our first game as a studio and my first game as co-creator, and frankly I had no clue what I was doing when I started this! So there was a lot of trials and errors. We might be integrating some of our old ideas in the upcoming DLCs but mostly, we're trying to come up with even better ones!

Hmmm. There you have it, look towards DLC for upcoming content.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is my response that i received today....

Thanks for writing. Making a game is a long, organic process that continuously evolve. Yes, a lot of what we did in the 5 years it took to put ITSP together ended up on the cutting floor. This was our first game as a studio and my first game as co-creator, and frankly I had no clue what I was doing when I started this! So there was a lot of trials and errors. We might be integrating some of our old ideas in the upcoming DLCs but mostly, we're trying to come up with even better ones!

Best,

Michel Gagné

He handled it very professionally and even though Im a little bitter, he could have been differently about it. I guess Ill let it slide and hope to see a lot of what i was expecting from the trailer in DLC.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...