Trial Guide

Kyai

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got finished uploading a few videos for some trials I thought people would have the most difficulty on. The titans, the Dracolich, and the last boss.

I'm up for doing videos for any of the other trials if there's need.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2t04133Ekc]YouTube - Castlevania LoS Trials - Chapter I, Stage V: Ice Titan[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTA5AMYSR4k]YouTube - Castlevania LoS Trials - Chapter II, Stage VIII: Stone Idol Titan[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbwxIXzi__A]YouTube - Castlevania LoS Trials - Chapter XI, Stage II: The Dracolich[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cL9sxzk-Vz0]YouTube - Castlevania LoS Trials - Chapter XII: Final Fight[/ame]

on the abbey tower trial i found out if you use the divine shield while hunting the items its alot easier. i finished it with four seconds remaining and it was stressful but alot easier than without the shield when you throw the holy water down it most often than not kills all the enemies around you. you guide is very helpful by the way

So, there's 101 total objects in the stage to smash. 101. I know this because I got 99 and then time ran out. I went back and there were two more things I could break. 101. Ugh, back to trying this stupid stupid trial. I've had no problems with any trial so far, and I did most of them on my first playthrough... these last few are just enough to piss off the Pope.

May as well still throw the video in here. I finish with 20 seconds to spare.

Holy shit dude, that was SICK! What two moves were you using for the most part? It looked like a wide strong AoE whip, and then you followed up with a divine-based push/fist thrust move? 20 seconds to spare **and** you opened the gate in that. Wow.

I'll just copy and paste the description from the video.

The skill I spam to destroy the objects is the Relic Power called Sprint Thrust. It's performed by sprinting, then pressing Y followed by X (triangle followed by square if on PS3).

It's a very useful skill, in some cases it even knocks bosses down.

Guys and gals, can anyone possibly either point me towards or make a video for the Library trial on chapter 5 for the mirror puzzle? I just cannot get this done in time no matter what I try. There are so many things that go wrong, it'd take ages to list them all. It's the only one I need to do on chapter 5 and I'm trying to do all the trials in order. If anyone can help I would be so grateful.

I want to point out, there is nothing at all wrong with the description here, I just really could benefit from actually seeing somebody else do it. Cheers.

I want to point out, there is nothing at all wrong with the description here, I just really could benefit from actually seeing somebody else do it. Cheers.

Well I did it EXACTLY that way:

Chapter 5

Abbey Library - Finish the level and beat the mirror and lights puzzle in less than 2:30 minutes

When the stage starts, before the puzzle, try to overfill your shadow magic while fighting the two suits of armor. So when you begin, you can move the first two pieces with the shadow magic powered gauntlet very quickly. When I finished this part, I had 1:33 left. Remember to save enough shadow magic for two walls to break down, so you can't use shadow magic on every statue. Only use it for the ones that have a very long way to go. I had to kill the imps on the next 2 statues. I pushed the 5th statue to the end of the corridor, then broke down the wall. Ran and broke down the 2nd wall. Pushed the 6th statue into place and turned it correctly. This entire time, ignore the suit of armor, don't stop to fight him at all. Then finish pushing the 5th statue into place, turn it, and the puzzle will complete. I did this with 2 seconds remaining.

Thanks Kyai btw. :) I even had 1:45 left when I've finished the first part/section (two mirrors). I'm sure you tried it this way. Use Daggers to quickly get rid of those imps/bats. Remember in which direction you turn EACH of the mirrors. This saves a lot of time. Yeah I know, a video would be better. xF02 surely working things out. ;)

This guide is really coming along great, been saving me countless broken controllers.

One small thing: chapter 5 abbey tower requires seraph shoulders to double jump. Most of you may already know this but I did not until I got to the last part of this trial and sat there trying to press A twice and nothing happened :p. You may want to add this requirement to your trial in case others, like me, try to complete the trial right away.

Once again, great guide so far!

This guide is really coming along great, been saving me countless broken controllers.

One small thing: chapter 5 abbey tower requires seraph shoulders to double jump. Most of you may already know this but I did not until I got to the last part of this trial and sat there trying to press A twice and nothing happened :p. You may want to add this requirement to your trial in case others, like me, try to complete the trial right away.

Once again, great guide so far!

The Abbey Tower trial does not need the Seraph Shoulders. Check my video a few posts up.

Library trial video will be up soon.

Video's up. Excuse the rolling around and other obvious mistakes, I was half asleep at the time of recording.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6wdpAicLAo]YouTube - Castlevania LoS Trials - Chapter V, Stage IV: Abbey Library[/ame]

Edited by xf02

Well I did it EXACTLY that way:

Did you not read my post? I said there's NOTHING WRONG with what he said, just that I struggled doing it following words. Nobody could write anything that would've helped in my case. It's one of those things that helps immensely to see being done rather than explained in words. I know where I'm going wrong and it's not having enough time from the first section that screwed me.

Anyway, thank you so much for the video xf02. I shall study that carefully. Thanks again for taking the time to make and post it. It really is appreciated.

The Abbey Tower trial does not need the Seraph Shoulders. Check my video a few posts up.

Video's up. Excuse the rolling around and other obvious mistakes, I was half asleep at the time of recording.

Just finished this one with 10 seconds to spare. Vid helped a ton, thanks again!

Yeah as soon as I watched your video I realized what you are saying. Thanks for clearing that up!

Oblivion Lake - Finish the level and defeat the Ice Titan in less than 1:30 minutes

As soon as you get close to the Ice Titan, use your dark crystal to weaken him. All weak points will be destroyed in 1 hit after this. While climbing and shimmying over, press A to hop up or across to speed up your movement but remember to hold RT to keep from falling off. If you get knocked off, start from last Checkpoint and try again. You will not have much time to finish him off, as you'll only have a second or two to spare even if you do this perfectly.

[/i]

I just tried this last night and after destroying the second weak point and swinging to the titan's back, the game auto-saved (which I didn't notice at the time). I didn't have enough time remaining to get to the Titan's face and finish it off, so I restarted last checkpoint and it started me on the ground just as it would if you restarted prior to the auto-save mentioned above. The Titan was still missing the health I had taken from it, but the countdown picked up where it was when the game auto-saved (roughly 30 seconds) and started counting down BEFORE I even made it all the way back to the Titan which means I will have to go recharge the crystal and come back and start from the very beginning of the fight. Just wanted to point that out to everyone: After destroying the second weak point on the Titan, if you do not complete the trial, the game will have auto-saved and you will restart on the ground with the timer counting down before even climbing back onto the Titan (took approx. 20 seconds after loading back in for the timer to start ticking down) making it impossible to complete without redoing the whole thing all over.

The guide is very helpful, by the way. Some these "trials" are a joke, but others (like this one) are just flat-out irritating.

Edited by XperimntNterror

I just tried this last night and after destroying the second weak point and swinging to the titan's back, the game auto-saved (which I didn't notice at the time). I didn't have enough time remaining to get to the Titan's face and finish it off, so I restarted last checkpoint and it started me on the ground just as it would if you restarted prior to the auto-save mentioned above. The Titan was still missing the health I had taken from it, but the countdown picked up where it was when the game auto-saved (roughly 30 seconds) and started counting down BEFORE I even made it all the way back to the Titan which means I will have to go recharge the crystal and come back and start from the very beginning of the fight. Just wanted to point that out to everyone: After destroying the second weak point on the Titan, if you do not complete the trial, the game will have auto-saved and you will restart on the ground with the timer counting down before even climbing back onto the Titan (took approx. 20 seconds after loading back in for the timer to start ticking down) making it impossible to complete without redoing the whole thing all over.

The guide is very helpful, by the way. Some these "trials" are a joke, but others (like this one) are just flat-out irritating.

Same thing happened to me dozens of times but if you press start, go to World Map and then just re-select the level you DO NOT lose your dark crystal. I too was worried about that because getting a dark crystal early on is tedious.

Doh. I made a mistake. I know Restart from Last Checkpoint will not work in titan trials, and I thought I edited the Ice Titan trial already. Bah. I'll fix that today.

Also, thanks xf02 for the videos. I'll add them as well today. Thank you everyone for helping me make this a better guide. =)