Avoid this game

Well I actually like this game because it does what it sets out to do... which is to get me off my ass and sweat... a lot! Granted that the menus are hard at first and the kinect doesn't always sense me when I'm on the ground (I don't have the biggest area for play but it works) but for me anyway it works and it works well.

Well I actually like this game because it does what it sets out to do... which is to get me off my ass and sweat... a lot! Granted that the menus are hard at first and the kinect doesn't always sense me when I'm on the ground (I don't have the biggest area for play but it works) but for me anyway it works and it works well.

+1, I like it too, its a real GYM in the house !

• 1 month later...

well me and my wife were wondering the same thing they put alot of effort into advertising it but it just doesnt convince me unlike dance central where your movements are tracked properly and in zumba you cant even see your silouette like in other games which really help you keep track of yourself im discussing it with my wife as i write this wether or not to bring it back

Edited by PRxBeasT
excuse me i commented on this thinking it was about zumba damn multiple windows lol sry guys

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Dont you find the menu system frustrating

i was pulling my hair out with it

I picked up the wii version thats fine

as its setup for a wii!!

how dare you even mention the piece of white trash known as wii on a xbox site.no wii game is in the same league as any xbox 360 game.the menu on this game is fine,but who even cares about a menu,i know i didnt spend £40 on a game to fuss over a menu,you see it for 5 seconds then bang its gone, get over yourself and just accept your oldand balding and thats why you haven o hair ,dont blame xbox 360 games pretending youpulled your own hair out,your old and bald

• 1 month later...

The menu are frustrating, yes. But you can´t decide if a game is bad or good based on it´s menu´s. Sadly the game isn't good either. Maybe the reason i feel like the game dosent track me good at all is because i compare it with your shape (worked really well)

I bought this when i finished the your shape because i needed more motivation in form of achievements. But it was a bad choice. Next up is is either Mel B or Ea active. I haven´t played EA´s game but the Mel B game is good on the ps3, i just think´s it is a pain in the ass to have the move controller in the hand all the time, something that kinect will fix ;)

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

The menu is annoying as hell, but i actuall like this game, first you actually have to move, therefore you are actually training, second you are the controller, yeah its annoying when it doesn't see me but you still push for it, with the wii you just sit there, and if you like going for achievments if you try for them you will see results, already 4 weeks in and i see a difference

This game was not made very well but I love it anyway! It has kicked my butt and got me in great shape. I believe that the goal of the game is to get people in shape, sure the programmers could have spent more time on it but it does it's job.

Anyone who has problems with the game picking you up, adjust your lighting. In my old house my lighting sucked. It was low watt bulbs that usually got diffused through lamp shades. In my new place I have experimented and found that close direct light works the best. I have a triple lamp(has three lights on it that can be turned in different directions). Ten feet away and it works decent but put it five feet away and I'm almost always green. My advice is to just experiment with your lighting. This is a "fun" game once you get into it.

• 5 months later...

I put the game back in my 360 today after getting it at the end of last year and trying it once (menus impossible to navigate - cursor clearly intended for the wii and I found myself working up more of a sweat waving my arms around like a deranged air-traffic control warden trying to get to a workout routine than from the routine itself). Decided to give it another try today and it seems that the menu cursor problems were fixed in a patch. I played for just over an hour and in that time, I didn't lose the cursor once.

It did freak out and stop sensing me when I had to lie down in 'plank position' though. I have a decent sized space in my living room and my kinect is mounted on a stand on top of the tv, but it still lost me. :( Not very happy with that at all - immediately turned off the routine and tried something that wouldn't have me lying on the floor. It can take so long for you to find a position on the floor in which the game recognizes that you're there, it just shuffles on to the next exercise, then on the summary screen will say you were crap at that particular exercise when in reality the sensor just couldn't find you. Grr.