Best Buy had it for around $5!

That's around how much I got the game for at the same retailer (it was $5.50 due to my excessive state/city/local tax; excessive compared to other locations in the United States) back around the end of last year.

For achievements, I don't think they are necessarily difficult to attain but time consuming. The loading times has probably caused more than a few to just stop playing the game and give up on the achievements.

As for the quality of the game, I didn't mind it for the price I paid. I've had fun with the campaign and the online multiplayer. However, I should temper that opinion since I do have weird tastes in games (I've found myself enjoying some games others do not, and have hated some games which have been generally praised). I can see where people can get frustrated with the game's obtuse design decisions and overall lack of polish. Yet, I have bought worse games for $5.

There are 2 DLC packs which I can find on the dashboard for the game. I do not own any of the DLC, but I would consider them if they were available for a lower price. One appears to be just multiplayer maps, which I think would restrict the population of players for a match, since there may not be many who purchased the maps. The other DLC pack appears to be more single-player campaign, with achievements. I'm assuming it is like the regular game's single-player campaign, which could be potentially intolerable to some (load times or lack of polish due to outdated gameplay elements).

Edited by ZeroCrono
DLC comments

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yes it is,it dosen't suck either if you are an old school DUKE fan. If you aren't don't bother cause you will not get the humour of the game.

I paid 15$ for this at Walmart and felt it was well worth it,although I could have gotten it used at Gamestop for 5$ lol.

Currently working on my insane playthrough I'm stuck on the turret part above the Dukes Burger Joint. This is the hardest difficulty I've come across yet. After that 3 non-DLC achivements to go !

Edited by Deadsea 1993

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I know the game sucks, but I heard the dlc was very entertaining. Any thoughts? Is it even worth $5, or should I just stick with my IQ?

Heck yeah man. I'm only half way through it but an all single player achievement list helps too :) the game play isn't horrendeous either.

I just picked it up at gamestop for $3.50. So far pretty worth it.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...