2000 Gamerscore in a game?

Bheounecs

It could happen, but right now MS is making the cutoff for GS per game at 1750. Halo 3 established this mark earlier this year, followed by GoW2. I think Microsoft will probably leave the mark at 1750.

Maybe Fallout 3 could break that, that is if they bought out more DLC which I don't think will happen, it currently stands at 1550 doesn't it now on Fallout 3?

Edited by TheGameK1ng

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would personally have been happy if they had just stuck to 1000GS, just because it looks neater really. 1250, 1500 and 1750 look fine too, but its when you start getting the awkward numbers that it really starts to bug me for some reason (I have something like 1445GS on Gears 2 and it is INCREDIBLY irritating, and I know I'll never actually get 100%, so I'll purposefully stop playing the game when I get to 1500 most likely).

In my opinion I think the would have 1000, 1250, 1500, 1750 but nothing there between. Like an "odd" number. Wich bring me to the next question... WHY does Condemned 1 only got 970G?

I'm thinking that the game came out before Microsoft made the rule that you have to have 1000gs in a retail game. Other games include Crackdown (900gs) and Godfather (835gs)(both before DLC added achievements making them 1250gs each). I can't think of any others off hand right now. Maybe they planned on DLC but never made it? Who knows.

EDIT - Ah, there are 2 other games with less than 1000, Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle-Earth II (705gs) and Tiger Woods PGA Tour 06 (960gs).

It's all in this thread: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=55510

Edited by bLaKgRaVy

I'm thinking that the game came out before Microsoft made the rule that you have to have 1000gs in a retail game. Other games include Crackdown (900gs) and Godfather (835gs)(both before DLC added achievements making them 1250gs each). I can't think of any others off hand right now. Maybe they planned on DLC but never made it? Who knows.

EDIT - Ah, there are 2 other games with less than 1000, Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle-Earth II (705gs) and Tiger Woods PGA Tour 06 (960gs).

It's all in this thread: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=55510

Hm I see but still I think it's up to Microsoft to get that fixed! But that's maybe because I'm so ... I don't know the english word for it, but for an example I like to have it real clean at home, one thing on one spot so to speak... That word is what I meant in the previous sentance LOL! :p

Hm I see but still I think it's up to Microsoft to get that fixed! But that's maybe because I'm so ... I don't know the english word for it, but for an example I like to have it real clean at home, one thing on one spot so to speak... That word is what I meant in the previous sentance LOL! :p

I doubt they ever will. Tiger and Condemned came out in November 2005 and LOTR in July 2006. Still, if you do get all the achievements it counts as a 100%, so that's a good thing (except Tiger has glitched achievements so it's impossible to get any achievements).

Perfectionist? =_)

Well, you could say that I guess. But in Sweden the word I was looking for called "Pedant" wich means that if there are a shoe that is in the "wrong" angle, you have to put it in the "right" so it looks clean! :Bounce:

I doubt they ever will. Tiger and Condemned came out in November 2005 and LOTR in July 2006. Still, if you do get all the achievements it counts as a 100%, so that's a good thing (except Tiger has glitched achievements so it's impossible to get any achievements).

Yes ofcourse it's 100% but it still looks frustrating with 3 diggits than 4 like 1000 what so ever, it's a MAJOR problem for me haha. It suck with glitches... Why does glitches appear anyway? I mean, the company does know about it but they seems so careless? :mad:

Well, you could say that I guess. But in Sweden the word I was looking for called "Pedant" which means that if there is a shoe that is in the "wrong" angle, you have to put it in the "right" so it looks clean! :Bounce:

Um, anal retentive, obsessive compulsive disorder ;)

Yes of course it's 100% but it still looks frustrating with 3 digits than 4 like 1000 what so ever, it's a MAJOR problem for me haha. It sucks with glitches... Why do glitches appear anyway? I mean, the company does know about it but they seems so careless? :mad:

I think the current rules were put in place in mid-2007 or sometime like that, and since the games were already a year or more old, they just didn't care.

EA (who published Tiger and LOTR) sucks anyway in general. I think Tiger 08 came out in October 2007, so fixing a game that was technically 2 years old wasn't at the top of the list, or on their list at all. The game itself wasn't glitched, only the achievements, and why fix a game that's 2 years old? I have no idea when the glitches were discovered (if you look at the leaderboards on here, Trueachievements.com and Mygamercard.net some people do have achievements, even all of them) but still that's very poor support for your game even if it is old.

I think the current rules were put in place in mid-2007 or sometime like that, and since the games were already a year or more old, they just didn't care.

EA (who published Tiger and LOTR) sucks anyway in general. I think Tiger 08 came out in October 2007, so fixing a game that was technically 2 years old wasn't at the top of the list, or on their list at all. The game itself wasn't glitched, only the achievements, and why fix a game that's 2 years old? I have no idea when the glitches were discovered (if you look at the leaderboards on here, Trueachievements.com and Mygamercard.net some people do have achievements, even all of them) but still that's very poor support for your game even if it is old.

I get your point here. But when a publisher bringing a game out in the wild so to speak, I can just speak for my self here but it's abviously that you have to check everything so it's 100% clean (no glitch etc.) specially a simple thing with the achievement that donn't pop up when you do what you are supose to do, that is so cheap!... But that's my opinion, maybe it's harder than I think it is. :AR15

I get your point here. But when a publisher bringing a game out in the wild so to speak, I can just speak for myself here but it's obviously that you have to check everything so it's 100% clean (no glitch etc.) specially a simple thing with the achievement that don't pop up when you do what you are suppose to do, that is so cheap!... But that's my opinion, maybe it's harder than I think it is. :AR15

That's what a good publisher would do, but, it's EA. They currently have 11 games on the Unachieveable Achievements list, and are notorious for putting out sub-par/glitchy (a.k.a. shitty) games. You'd think with a company that's in the top 5 of game publishers they'd support their games a little more...

They're in it to make money no matter what, just like the rest of them. 'Nuff said.

That's what a good publisher would do, but, it's EA. They currently have 11 games on the Unachieveable Achievements list, and are notorious for putting out sub-par/glitchy (a.k.a. shitty) games. You'd think with a company that's in the top 5 of game publishers they'd support their games a little more...

They're in it to make money no matter what, just like the rest of them. 'Nuff said.

With that in mind I will just never BUY an EA game! :confused:

In my opinion I think the would have 1000, 1250, 1500, 1750 but nothing there between. Like an "odd" number. Wich bring me to the next question... WHY does Condemned 1 only got 970G?

It originally was released before the rules were set, as previously mentioned, but there was going to be DLC released for it that pushed it up to 100. However, that DLC never came out.

Battlefield Bad Company,

Dead Space,

Mass Effect,

Army Of Two,

Mirrors Edge,

Fifa Franchise,

NFS Franchise,

Crysis.

To name a few of my favourites from EA and imo really good games.

Thanks, I can take that some of the games is pretty good. I haven't acctually played them all but I know little about them. :) But my favorite publisher is Capcom and Konami, for me they have really nice games. Rockstar to who is most famous for the GTA series if I'm not right!

• 3 years later...