Achievement Discussion

Method

The only campaign cheevo giving me grief is It Takes A Village...Out. I've been reading a lot about it and watched some videos on YouTube, but I'm not finding any really solid info.

Does anyone know for sure if it is:

Cumulative over more than one playthrough?

Has to be done on Hard to unlock?

I've been blowing up every building I can see and it's not unlocking.

Thanks

Played through on Medium, and got the achieve on my first run through it... I didnt worry to much about anything but blowing absolutly everything up... Game seems glitchy so would not repeat on same save and would start mission over maybe?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

uhg, im 100 percent positive that i did 3 missile strikes tonight and didnt get an achievement.

the first 2 times i died as i was launching the attack, the third time i died a second after. reading the guide, you are can guide the missile? i didnt last long enough to do that.

but the first time when i spawned, i got the kill points.

uhg what am i doing wrong?

Officially been trying to get Fire Controller for 4 days flatlout now..boosting and sniping but neither works..last achievement I basically need aswell bloddy hell..

What's gone wrong in trying to boost? Worth mentioning so we don't have the same problems when we try boosting this later.

Furthest I've managed is level 5 killstreak before running out of time. I guess anybody could get it if you play long enough but you need everything to go your way.

For real!? Shit. That makes me a lil nervous. :o

It really is a pain lol

What's gone wrong in trying to boost? Worth mentioning so we don't have the same problems when we try boosting this later.

Furthest I've managed is level 5 killstreak before running out of time. I guess anybody could get it if you play long enough but you need everything to go your way.

Well, while boosting this we all need to get into playgroups of 4 (the maximum allowed in a playgroup) so if we have 24 people, that’s going to be 6 play groups. Then we all got to search for a game, probably Sector Control and hope we get into an EMPTY LOBBY, which is possible yes, how, I don't know exactly we just got to keep trying.

I was boosting the other day, this guy from Finland got his own lobby so invited us all, I came in a bit late. The method to boost is basically to capture and uncapture flags nonstop (both teams take turns) I think that’s like 20 points every 5 seconds + any defensive points you decide to execute.

The only bad thing here is that randoms can join while you are boosting, so if you don't have a full game of 24 boosters in one game (which is basically impossble anyway), people WILL eventually join and fuck up your game, therefore you have to be quick..and hope.

With me the other day, because I came about a minute late into the game (you can invite people to the game) everybody was at around 400 points streak while I had just stared, by the time I had reach about 300 points, everybody else had used their cruise missiles, about 10 randoms suddenly joined (there were only 8 of us boosters that night) and fucked the whole game up, I got killed, everyone left with their achievement and left me and this other dude (also didn't reach 600 points) hanging lol.

Basically take all this into account, plan the method out and pray nothing goes wrong, and believe me..something will.

Good luck for tonight I guess..

Edited by Barad

It really is a pain lol

Well, while boosting this we all need to get into playgroups of 4 (the maximum allowed in a playgroup) so if we have 24 people, that’s going to be 6 play groups. Then we all got to search for a game, probably Sector Control and hope we get into an EMPTY LOBBY, which is possible yes, how, I don't know exactly we just got to keep trying.

I was boosting the other day, this guy from Finland got his own lobby so invited us all, I came in a bit late. The method to boost is basically to capture and uncapture flags nonstop (both teams take turns) I think that’s like 20 points every 5 seconds + any defensive points you decide to execute.

The only bad thing here is that randoms can join while you are boosting, so if you don't have a full game of 24 boosters in one game (which is basically impossble anyway), people WILL eventually join and fuck up your game, therefore you have to be quick..and hope.

With me the other day, because I came about a minute late into the game (you can invite people to the game) everybody was at around 400 points streak while I had just stared, by the time I had reach about 300 points, everybody else had used their cruise missiles, about 10 randoms suddenly joined (there were only 8 of us boosters that night) and fucked the whole game up, I got killed, everyone left with their achievement and left me and this other dude (also didn't reach 600 points) hanging lol.

Basically take all this into account, plan the method out and pray nothing goes wrong, and believe me..something will.

Good luck for tonight I guess..

That sucks man, i killed myself calling in the airstrike so i fucked up too, buy yeah high hopes for tonight get my tier 15 done

anyone know exactly what i have to do to get these

1000 support points

use all defensive awards

use all offensive awards

are they just killstreaks and if so how many? and how do i get support points.

1000 support points - use defensive kill rewards/streaks

use all defensive awards - seriously?

use all offensive awards - again, seriously?

1000 support points - use defensive kill rewards/streaks

use all defensive awards - seriously?

use all offensive awards - again, seriously?

Thanks for the in-depth guide there. Yes, seriously. If i knew i would ask. I can clarify though thats my bad.

1000 support points (do i have to use them or actually get kills with them)

defensive/offensive rewards (how many kills do i need to be able to use them and how many are there that i need to use)

Thanks for the in-depth guide there. Yes, seriously. If i knew i would ask. I can clarify though thats my bad.

1000 support points (do i have to use them or actually get kills with them)

defensive/offensive rewards (how many kills do i need to be able to use them and how many are there that i need to use)

1000 support points only count for defensive rewards, hence you can not get kills with them anyway.

For offensive rewards it works via a point system not how many kills you get

Level 1 - Mortar Strike(50 Points)

Level 2 - Rocket Attack(100 Points)

Level 3 - Missile Attack(175 Points)

Level 4 - Artillery Strike(250 Points)

Level 5 -Strafing Run(350 Points)

Level 6 - Air Strike(450 Points)

Level 7 - Cruise Missile(600 Points)

in fairness to the guy above....it is all covered in the achievement guide

1000 support points only count for defensive rewards, hence you can not get kills with them anyway.

For offensive rewards it works via a point system not how many kills you get

Level 1 - Mortar Strike(50 Points)

Level 2 - Rocket Attack(100 Points)

Level 3 - Missile Attack(175 Points)

Level 4 - Artillery Strike(250 Points)

Level 5 -Strafing Run(350 Points)

Level 6 - Air Strike(450 Points)

Level 7 - Cruise Missile(600 Points)

in fairness to the guy above....it is all covered in the achievement guide

Holy crap wheres the cheeve guide? i looked. is it on the main site now?

• 3 weeks later...

I only have two achievements to do "Fire controller" and "Tier 1", tier 1 is not a problem but fire controller is proving to be a pain. The highest i have got to is 350 points and then suffered the bendy bullet syndrome. I am trying this with the sniper loadout as the other two i get whacked every 10 secs.:uzi:

• 1 month later...
They're talking about the scoreboard that shows up at the end of a match and see everyone's total score. Remember though, you have to be top 3 in score out of both teams combined, not just your team.

That explains why i didn't get it. So, the "Best player" award means that i was #1 for both teams?

• 2 years later...

I could not for the life of me even come close to geting that fucking "Fire Controller" achievement even on Helmund Valley. I've tried sniping from way back but I never got more than 20 points a kill even after getting a headshot from an ungodly long distance. If there was a patch that eliminated getting a very high score per kill, the window to getting "Fire Controller" closed a very long time ago for me. Hell, I can't even get the "Forward Spotter" trophy because either when I hit the 150 mark, and in one case, reach a record 152 score chain, I either got sniped or that curved bullet syndrome did me in. This has happened to me over ten times while playing and every time that happened, I've thrown the controller into a basket of laundry (To avoid breaking it) in sheer gamer rage. This was even on rounds where I otherwise creamed the enemy team. As a result, I gave up on both "Forward Spotter" and "Fire Controller".

The "Tier 1" trophy is a tedious grind and as of this writing, my best class level to date is 12 on "Sniper" and it took me several days to go up one level. At this point, I've lost most interest in chasing this trophy just out of exhaustion.

I finally got "Conspicuous Gallantry" though and yes, it was a pain in the ass, exasperating a lot of times due to cut-scenes wasting time. For those who haven't gotten this trophy yet and are attempting it, I wish you all the best of luck. It's totally doable but a pain in the butt. But in the end, it's my proudest trophy in this game. :)

With that said, I've retired "Medal of Honor" with 47/50 achievements and a 915 gamer score. 915 out of 1000 is pretty good for me. :)

• 1 year later...