Chromehounds 2 - Comeback or Fadeout

Inf Enforcer D

If there were to be a Chromehounds 2, would it at all spark an interest amist previous players? As is, probably not, but if there were an improved server, and a reasonable setup, I'd like to think so. In turn, I'd like to simply ask, besides a better loading/game setup and server connection/reliability, what other ideas would you recommend for SEGA and From Software to use?

Do you even play Chromehounds? Personally, I love this game and still play it almost daily. I'm not sure what basis they could make Chromehounds 2 on though... Maybe you could reconstitute Cerberus or something. I must admit the loading save data is a pain, it also doesn't help that the game assumes you want to decline all the time. Server connection/reliability was never really a problem with me, sometimes you get people with NAT settings strict but that is not SEGAs problem.

I never had connections problems provided I didn't play with Americans all the time in full matches, online was never a problem at all really.

If they did make a sequel I would expect them to make the single player longer and maybe give you more of an identity in it. Better environments would be a plus too especially if HOUNDs are going to be as slow.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

1) More parts; seriously, after all the time that had to of passed, this is warranted now. 2) More Areas and Battlefields; with the detailed explanation of how this became a three-way war (GSSR > Morskoj, Far East Union > Sal Kar, America > Tarakia), more countries overall would be excessive. 3) Chassis-friendly terrain, which could spur the idea of a terrain-specific Chassis. 4) Defender control (for the little guy). 5) A thought-out single player; my idea for such… a new version of Cerberus, Pilot details (a character editor w/o the RPG style), a more real-time approach (which includes a seven-layer RT campaign). Some of my squad-mates also mentioned a laser type weapon (DE - Direct Energy), better "Super" weapons (referring to Ghalib, MSK-X0 & M99 Patriot), and maybe that of an EMP device (no longer than a 18000 effect time). I figure that this one will take place about a decade from the first one, so some of this stuff won't be too crazy. Feel free to be specific; I'm seriously keeping track of this stuff. However, I'm drawing the line at lasers (though I will try to get a Counter-Sniper and Satellite up there).

Lastly, I have "ESK-AZ1 Golem" to replace Ghalib (added a 90 anti-Hound Rocket system and 12 [KE] Defender Cannons aside from it's 36x4 HEAT Missiles), "MSK-XP1 Masekiev" to replace MSK-X0 (added longer range rockets and a faster reload time on the [CE] Heavy Howitzer) and "MTX-001 Justice" to replace M99 Patriot (added more maneuverability and a [DE] Super Laser). I've already have the design specs (and no, there not as sad as the original "unidentified" weapons).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

o ya i have my hole sqd that would get a chrome hounds 2 if it ever came out only thing is thos r sum big shoes to fill but i think sega can atleast match there work just give us more free battle maps WAY MORe parts n more countrys

• 3 weeks later...

From what I understand there was (or is still maybe) a CH2 in development, but Sega too a big hit on this game. Probably from the fact that they released it rather early in the 360's lifetime. I love this game also, but Sega couldn't/can't find anyone to either develop or publish the game, I forget which.

Honestly, I think we should petition for the release of a sequel. This game is why I bought my 360.

• 3 weeks later...

More balance so we do not end up with 3 main hound builds. More control and options over squads for the leader (as well as havig a successor should the leader wish to step-down without ending squad)

Maybe achievements that though still take time, do not make people cheat as much. More events besides super-weapons to make online more well...eventful, and maybe more means of squad/squad interactions. Though the single player was fine as a tutorial (its all it was, stop thinking it was intended to be anything more) I would nto mind some other modes offline to waste time in. Also better free missions that seem atleast somewhat worth it.

Also maybe CH1 data transfering, parts maybe, but more for squads who would want to not have to re-start. Not a big thing, but woudl be nicer to just transfer the whole squad than reform and refind it.

Edited by Kiutu

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I seriously loved Chromehounds. A second would be amazing. Ten on ten battles would fun. Bigger maps for more players obviously. When you die you should be able take control of the ACVs (the little mechs on the field) and if they made a second one, I would love for much much much better detail, rock slides, mud slides or avalanches on the weather condition maps altering maps/ hazards like the mines. There's so many ideas I can't name them all.

• 1 month later...

ok i think chromehounds 2 should have the same type of online gameplay like the original chromehounds like team Death Match but making like 20v20 . Go into details of what you can but on the hound. i think they should make the hounds have more stamina or speed. also make the maps bigger so people dont exploit the game and base range with a overweight hound. they should also give the hounds more custimization to them like more parts or accessories . some smaller to make the hound more defensive like have small joints that can make another piece go where ever it can making the hound look more unique. also more bullet ammo types and weapons. have legs that can carry more weight to hold more guns and armor, but not to many so it gives you an easy advantage. also give them more health so they can handle bullet dmg. also have to have amazing graphics. but a very good level system unlocking stuff on the way and improvement to hound accessories like legs giving more stamina maybe, bullets giving more damage stuff like that. these ideas would make the game the best. Gt was BM GH0ST so yea....

Edited by NraGes

• 4 weeks later...

I freaking Love chromehounds! Yeah i wasnt a huge fan of the story but online is where its at! I played it sense it game out till about 2009 when i decided to part with it because i was in all the wars, haha i think it was like war number 53 or something like that.

But yeah If they made a new one i would buy it in a heart beat! Heck is they made a new download for the original i would buy it again.

I remember always sniping online and just watching that massive bullet drop into the guys cockpit.

If they did anything i would just want:

-A blackmarket, so you can buy all country parts instead of waiting every war for a selected few parts then getting outbidded on it.

-Bullet damage, Yeah it's cool that you can shoot armor and guns off but it would be sweet to see bullet holes (sniper round leaving a huge hole in the armor)

-Make some parts lighter that obviously wouldnt weigh that much.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...