The Crucible Guide

Bahroo3

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hardest wave is hard.

I'm happy we only have to fight that combo once but considering it only gets easier after that wave I am a little disappointed. They should have made more waves like this.

Maelstrom x 2

Nightmare Prowler x 6

Legion Champion x 2

But good for you I don't decide how hard each wave is :p

Indeed but once I upgraded my Aegis Guard better (and used the Deathgrip to keep the Maelstrom unbalanced), I flew through the one sitting 1-100 in just about 40 minutes. This is truly a game where I paid full and all attention to my Critical Damage stats and it paid off.

Much appreciated for this guide. I have the THQ guide book and it wasn't nearly as helpful for the Crucible as this.

No you get the 4th scroll from hitting level 25 I was told, if beating Absalom gave you the 4th scroll how would you play it? as the game immediately ends upon defeating him.

For the Crucible you get the cards in this order:

Defeat The Guardian - 1-25

Defeat The Wailing Host - 25-50

Defeat Samael - 50-75

Reach Level 25 - 75-100

Complete the Crucible in one sitting - Wicked Killington

Defeat Wicked Killington - Bragging Rights Card (trophy)

I beat the game on Apocalyptic then as soon as the new game plus came around I started it up, made it to the forge and went to the crucible. I was a level 25 so I went from 1 to 100. When he sends you to fight Wicked K I couldn't climb the tower because I do not have deathhook back yet. Can I go back and just defeat him or do I need to go 1 to 100 again?

I beat the game on Apocalyptic then as soon as the new game plus came around I started it up, made it to the forge and went to the crucible. I was a level 25 so I went from 1 to 100. When he sends you to fight Wicked K I couldn't climb the tower because I do not have deathhook back yet. Can I go back and just defeat him or do I need to go 1 to 100 again?

Doesn't it give you a card? I think once you recieve the card for beating 1-100 in one sitting allows you to go against him whenever. Not sure though.

Ok. I know this was answered, but it wasn't answered clearly enough for me so I'll ask again.

If I die on wave 70 or so, and I restart on wave 50, can I still make it to the lvl 101 boss in that run, or does the death negate the "in one shot" thing? "In one shot" to me says 1-100 in one go without dying (sort of like dmc's bloody palace) - but some people are saying that's not the case. So which is it?

Also, a tip I thought of: just backup your save before you reach the point of no return in your second playthrough, beat it, load the backup, switch it to easy difficulty and then do it like that.

Ok. I know this was answered, but it wasn't answered clearly enough for me so I'll ask again.

If I die on wave 70 or so, and I restart on wave 50, can I still make it to the lvl 101 boss in that run, or does the death negate the "in one shot" thing? "In one shot" to me says 1-100 in one go without dying (sort of like dmc's bloody palace) - but some people are saying that's not the case. So which is it?

Also, a tip I thought of: just backup your save before you reach the point of no return in your second playthrough, beat it, load the backup, switch it to easy difficulty and then do it like that.

You have to do it in one shot. So no deaths. And you don't need to backup your save. The game lets you continue after you beat the game. It automatically puts you before the final boss fight. And yes you can switch it to Easy at that point. That's what I did.

So what the fuck? Finished my initial playthrough on Apocalyptic, started my NG+ on Apocalyptic to reach level 30. Reached 30 around the quest where you go to Earth, lowered difficulty down to Easy so I could rush through that then I teleported to the Crucible. Did 1-25 there and it ended, only giving me the option to start over from 1 or leave. What did I do wrong?

My mistake. Failed to realize I actually needed to get the cards from a Serpent Tome. I'd put that in the guide, just to keep idiots like myself from raging.

Edited by The Bum-Mobile

I got so pissed on my run of the Crucible. I did it on Apocalyptic, and pressing the button to go on every 5 rounds was a bit overkill. But I made it all the way to wave 75, The Deposed King, Only using one health potion the entire time as I had regen on one of my items and both my weapons have health bonuses for executions or attacks (Most of the time when I want a large sum of health I'll use the Teleport Slash which fills it up a good chunk). But I got sloppy at Argul and got my ass kicked without using any of my other potions because I didn't get the chance.

Second play through I got it without using a potion until round 80, though. Was nice.

I beat the crucible in my first ng+ it's really easy when you got the correct weapons, i used a possesed scyhtes with crit chance, crit damage, health steal (dont know the exactly name in english hope you understand me), wrath steal. I only used one healt potion all the way trough 1-101.

here is the story thus far...I ran through 1-100 thinking I could bail out and collect some uber loot (looking for lvl26+ possessed scythes), sadly I was mistaken. After getting sick and tired of falling off vines I quit game - I retained the spaulders, the tarot and the talisman, but my Aftermath is gone :'( I ran back through 75-95 and bailed, popped the chest...nothing inside at all. Can anyone tell me if I should even bother going again from start to get loot? Or will future chests just be empty? 95 waves would be a massive waste of time just to get an empty chest...

edit: not to worry, answer found elsewhere - no loot on 20, 45, 70 and 95.

Edited by krenko
answer found on another forum

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just a quick question. I just beat the game on apocalyptic mode on my NG+ mode. I just wanted to double check if I can get the achievement for completing the Crucible and beating Wicked K if I bump the difficulty to easy mode? I know the two aren't difficulty specific, but I just want to make sure that lowering the difficulty doesn't negate the achievement for me.

Just a quick question. I just beat the game on apocalyptic mode on my NG+ mode. I just wanted to double check if I can get the achievement for completing the Crucible and beating Wicked K if I bump the difficulty to easy mode? I know the two aren't difficulty specific, but I just want to make sure that lowering the difficulty doesn't negate the achievement for me.

You'll get the achievement no problem. Feel free to change it to Easy. That's what I did, and it unlocked. :)

• 3 months later...