Encyclopedia of the Common Man?

Revan654

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will list job title, then icon, then activities

Lance the Woodworker (La) - Checking the fence, messing with the wheelbarrow, and sanding the plank

Elle the Tailor (El) - Examining the chair, threading a jacket, knitting in a chair [all of these are located to the building on the right if looking directly at her house]

Oliver and Corrine the Innkeepers (Ol) & (Co) - Cutting meat(Ol), Turning the spit(Co), Whipping the Bull around the circle thing(Co) [These are all done outside of the inn around back]

Dave the Blacksmith (Da) - Sharpening the axe on the grindstone, Fitting horseshoes on the horse, using the furnace/hammering metal

Norris the Miner (No) - Oiling a lamp to the left of the entrance to the mine, using a pickaxe inside the mine, panning for gold [He is located on the Southwestern part of the map]

Myrian the Huntress (My) - Cleaning a musket, Rotating a spit with rabbits on it, hunting wild game in the woods [she is the northern most house on the map]

Doctor White (Ly) - Walking with a toolbox to pick plants behind his house, sitting on a stump reading his notes/journaling, playing bowls with Terry

Prudence and Walter the Farmers (Pr) & (Wa) - Plowing the field(Wa), Milking the cow(Pr), Cutting wheat(Pr), Pouring grain(Wa)

Terry and Godfrey the Lumberers (Te) & (Jo) - Both men sawing wood back and forth with a large saw, Chopping wood together, Loading a wagon

Edited by Fatalfox

I was going to try and wait until I got them all, but it's taking too long since they like to reset if I get too far away.

Tailor

• Measuring dress shirt
  • Sewing in chair
  • Washing clothes

Innkeeper

• Pitching hay
  • Rotating food on spit
  • Watching livestock grind wheat

Doctor

• Tending to herbs behind his house
  • Reading a book under a tree in front of his house
  • Playing a game of Bowls

Blacksmith

• Nailing shoes on horse
  • Constructing wagon wheel
  • Sharpening axe

Miner

• Lightning lantern at mine entrance
  • Getting pickaxe from shed/mining with pickaxe (considered one task)
  • Sifting by the river

Farmer

• Milking cow
  • Plowing field
  • Cutting wheat

Lumberers

• Putting wood in wagon
  • Chopping wood
  • Using two-man saw

Huntress

• Cleaning musket
  • Rotating food on spit
  • Firing musket at an animal

Woodworker

• Cleaning a chair
  • Sanding a piece of wood
  • Examining wheel barrow contents while writing in a book

Ok, finally got them all. What I did if they were doing something I already had was go a good distance away on horse then return to see if they were either doing something different or in a new location. Good luck with this one.

Edited by Morbious17

Morbious, did you do this all at one time? Like do they switch activities for you to keep scanning or was this over a period of time, like leaving and re-loading homestead? I only have like 4 entries, and all homestead missions completed >_<''

I got 2-4 entries before completing all missions. The rest of this I did during daytime back to back.

I'm really hating the doctor. No matter how long I wait or where I go, he always goes back to stare at his herbs while they grow.

This Achievement is glitched in my Game :mad:

I "scan" Woodworker 2/3 and the Games tell my the Woodworker is complete, now i have all other and Woodworker 2/3 and cant scan new Jobs from the Woodworker because the Games tell me Woodworker is done but he isn´t and so no Achievement :mad::mad:

I hope Ubisoft fix that!

regards

This Achievement is glitched in my Game :mad:

I "scan" Woodworker 2/3 and the Games tell my the Woodworker is complete, now i have all other and Woodworker 2/3 and cant scan new Jobs from the Woodworker because the Games tell me Woodworker is done but he isn´t and so no Achievement :mad::mad:

I hope Ubisoft fix that!

regards

This achievement seems to be glitched for a lot of people, including me. It states that I have scanned everything, but the achievement won't come.

This achievement seems to be glitched for a lot of people, including me. It states that I have scanned everything, but the achievement won't come.

:p It's the other way around on my game. I've got the achievement but my game says that I'm 2/3 at the carpenter but it always tells me that I have him (Lance) already completed. This achievement is definitively glitched some way.

Okay, so for me, I have 3/3 on everyone. BUT, if you go into the menu under homestead and check out the requirements for this achievement, it will say the name of the artisan (3/3) and then underneath it will say something about the log book being updated in the manor. It should say this under each completed artisan. My problem is that I have 3/3 on everyone, but the FARMER category did not update the log book in the manor.

To double check, I ran upstairs in the manor to check out the log book. Sure enough, all the artisan information was there, besides Farmer.

Tried deleting the patch, observing again, but it only says 3/3 every time with no log book update. Not sure what else to do but hopefully wait for a patch.

Gonna be pissed if it doesn't because this was a fairly time consuming achievement.

Okay, so for me, I have 3/3 on everyone. BUT, if you go into the menu under homestead and check out the requirements for this achievement, it will say the name of the artisan (3/3) and then underneath it will say something about the log book being updated in the manor. It should say this under each completed artisan. My problem is that I have 3/3 on everyone, but the FARMER category did not update the log book in the manor.

To double check, I ran upstairs in the manor to check out the log book. Sure enough, all the artisan information was there, besides Farmer.

Tried deleting the patch, observing again, but it only says 3/3 every time with no log book update. Not sure what else to do but hopefully wait achievement.

Same here, and I can still scan more farmer activities even after 3/3

I will list job title, then icon, then activities

Woodworker (La) - Checking the fence, messing with the wheelbarrow, and sanding the plank

Who's LA? I just can't picture this character for some reason. Where on the Homestead does the character usually spawn?

Edited by Revan654

Who's LA? I just can't picture this character for some reason(Unless I haven't gotten this character yet). Where on the Homestead does the character usually spawn?

He's Lance. His house is just South of Godfrey/Terry(Lumberers) house. :woop:

EDIT: Morbious beat me to it :(

I'm glitched as well... I have everything 3/3 but the farmers did not update to the log... It's allowing me to scan certain activities still but it just keeps saying 3/3 won't update...

Watch, there's gonna be a patch for this and everyone who has 3/3 and no achievement already are gonna be screwed over because it won't unlock the achievement straight away and we'll have to play the whole game over, the thing that sucks is that this mission also goes toward completionist...

Watch, there's gonna be a patch for this and everyone who has 3/3 and no achievement already are gonna be screwed over because it won't unlock the achievement straight away and we'll have to play the whole game over, the thing that sucks is that this mission also goes toward completionist...

Where did you read that ?! :eek:

The achievement description... lol It says complete ALL progress tracker grid entries, side missions are tracked, the Encyclopedia counts as a homestead side mission.

I am not 100% sure this is true, as when looking at my DNA tracker, the side mission isn't referenced in any of the homestead DNA strands. Of course this may be wishful thinking on my part as the quest glitched for me along with a lot of people.

Ideally if someone who completed the quest could check their DNA tracker and see, that would be useful.

The achievement description... lol It says complete ALL progress tracker grid entries, side missions are tracked, the Encyclopedia counts as a homestead side mission.

Well, the achievement is glitched in my game too, but in my progress tracker all homestead side missions are 100% completed. I don't think it affects the Completionist achievement. Everything else is just speculation.

I have an earlier save I am rolling back to and am going to get to the point where all homesteaders are unlocked. At this point I will try doing some experimentation to see if I can figure out what glitches the quest when scanning people and if it can be possibly avoided.

well for me im having an issue with one of the workers.its the miner (Norris). i only have 1 of his loged info and for some reason he wont do anything else.like all he does is either mine, talk with myrime or sits in a chair and cutting some wood.he doesnt do any of the ones that i need to get all 3.iv'e been doing this for a while now.i leave and come back and still nothing.

I just hope that IF they make a patch for it, that everyone who has 3/3 already can unlock the achievement right away. I DON'T wanna have to play the game ALL over again just to go for this achievement, I'm a completionist whore and this WILL bother me...

I have 3/3 for them all, but 2/3 for the lumberer's. The only bloody thing they do now is fish, smoke, eat apples, and inspect the cart. Once in a while they chop wood, but I already have that. I have left it on, watching them day and night, they do NOTHING. FFS...

So disappointing that at launch, a title like this is this buggy.

Tried deleting the patch, observing again, but it only says 3/3 every time with no log book update. Not sure what else to do but hopefully wait for a patch.

Gonna be pissed if it doesn't because this was a fairly time consuming achievement.

i just played the game and this is happing to me as well but only for me it says that i only have 2/3 for the woodworker but the info is logged back in the manor.but im in the same pickle as you. i have all 3/3 for farmers but i dont have logg info in the manor so now im like wtf really.so i have to idea what to do.all i know is this game really making want to throw it out my window >.<