Simulator discs guide

• 1 month later...

Thanks, this is a very helpful guide.

I just want to add that playing through on Easy difficulty and with lower level characters makes beating these with Gold much easier. I have a save with level 99 characters on Normal and I've gotten all Bronze with everyone, but lack Gold with a handful of characters because it is near impossible to beat the boss with any decent time remaining.

I just started a brand new save on Easy because I only lack "Golden Age of Comics" achievement. So far I have beaten every sim disc on Act 1 and Act 2 with Gold on my first try, even some like Blade's without using any strategy. Only Storm, Iceman, and Human Torch sim discs should stand in my way to completing this game.

In sum, play a new save on easy, keep you characters below lvl 40ish, and use this guide....piece 'o' cake.

Edited by MasterNinja33

• 1 month later...

Just a quick add for Dr Strange:

The above tips work great, but if your still having problems then you can add Asgard Armor and when Black Magic doesn't turn the Mephisto Pets or a leaper (prior to the bridge) into a box you'll put them down a lot quicker.

Also, when you take down the last Fire Giant and kill him with his own sword, try to bash him and not the walls too. When you get in with Mordo you should be able to take down his health 50% with the sword alone. Then use your extreme, then fly around and Black Magic him. Try not to miss with the Black Magic, you don't regenerate energy while flying, and you need to hit him a few times to get more energy balls. I only landed one time, avoided him while recharging, then flew again and killed him. 20,360... The recharging part cost me about 30 seconds...

You don't have to fly if you're good at spinning around and hitting him with Black Magic while running away from him constantly, but I think flying is easier.

Thanks for all the great tips here that I used.

• 4 weeks later...

Correct me if I'm wrong but you not only need the disc but you also need the hero unlocked as well to complete their disc, right?

This is the only Achievement I am missing and my original save file is long gone (big thanks to the A-hole who stole my console games and TV a few years ago). I started a new play through and if I recall correctly I need them unlocked to do their disc... sadly I had them all Golded except for Spidey originally... grrrr

• 4 months later...

Are these Simulator disks supposed to be done on EASY? Or is there some trick to them? I can beat the VS. Sims without a second thought, but ffs Captain America's has me stumped. I can't really be THAT bad at games, can I?

I've beaten the game once on Normal a few years ago, and revisiting it, I just now beat it on Hard, but I cannot beat these Sims:mad:.

There has to be something I'm not doing, anyone out there able to hand me the clue that I can't seem to find for myself?

My character levels are something like 63 or so, last time I checked.

Any help or reply will be severely appreciated as I know this game is very old.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

blade's mission is sooooooo annoying! i wouldn't bother with spike of destruction as it often misses, got it first time by using gun blast fully upgraded, (it is weaker but fast and hits multiple enemies) also add as much as you can to one of the outfits, i picked daywalker as it seemed to have most useful upgrades

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I'm going for Golden Age of Comics and am down to just Iron Man and Spider-Woman. I've tried the strategies from the previous page for them but they don't seem to be able to kill the enemies fast enough. Does anyone have any advice for for which attacks I should be using to take out the enemies faster and what score I should be looking for by what time?

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Credit goes to KarmaDog214 for this one:

Spider Man:

Spidey Sense--Have 1 skill point for Spidey Sense (this will save energy and more skill points)

Web Warrior--You want to max this out as much as possible for effective damage against Scorpion.

When the fight begins, make sure that you first use Spidey Sense and have enough energy for every time you need to use this (as in right after its effects wear off). Then, start spamming Scorpion with Web Warrior. If you run low on energy, quickly start using melee attacks. For every time he loses 1/5 (or 1/4...Don't remember) of health, a scene will trigger and two buttons will show up on the screen. Make sure you press the two buttons to save Dugan from being crushed. And right after the scene, make sure you activate Spidey Sense, use Web Warrior and repeat, otherwise Dugan is screwed.

Thanks for the tips. Scorpion's giving me a hard time.