My Idea For Left 4 Dead 3. Post Your Own?

Sirfacee

Survivors

Daianna: Hispanic immigrant worked as an army nurse, then relocated to the seattle, washington area to work at the hospital as a nurse. was at condo with her boyfriend until he turned into hunter and attacked Daianna, after a brief struggle giving Cho just enough time to save her, found other 2 survivors with cho Daianna is now 29

Appearance: Plain Looking, Black Hair In Bun, Tall, and Moderate Weight, Not Particularly Slender. Wears A Black Carhartt Jacket with some stonewashed jeans and white untied tennis shoes. Origin: Santiago De Chile (Chilean) Current Home: Seattle

Personality: Neither Positive Or Negative, Teases Fellow Survivors, But They enjoy it.Witty, and always cracks jokes about the infection.

Advantage: Due To Her Background as a Nurse; Health Kits 30% More Effective when healing others and herself. not applicable to other survivors. also has 15% general more speed. (walking, revivng, healing, being revived)

Disadvantage: Cannot Wield Tier 2 Shotguns due to her lack of strength, will fall off ledges faster when hanging on for life

----------------

Cho: Pronounced Ch as In Charlie) Siamese Car Salesman, business in seattle. always kept a Spas Shotgun in case of robberies. guess in came in handy then, huh? Cho had no family, his parents died when he was 21. he is now 36, and single.

Saved Daianna when her infected boyfriend pounced on her, they went off to look for other survivors found 2 more

Appearance: Hair and face model Masi Oka (Hiro Takamoura on Heroes) with out the glasses. he has a built figure, and barrel-chested, still small compared to those with a a built figure. Has a Tan Suit With white undershirt. Origian: Siam (Siamese) Current Home: Seattle

Personality: Cho is a very no-nonsense person, however he still is friendly with those who are more light-hearted and genuinely likes everyone in the group, but does not get along with Nathen

Advantage: Cho is more mentally composed to the situation and reacts better and differently especially as an AI. when playing has a Human Player you can see the outlines of infected through the wall. Cho Is Also Much More Accurate With SMG's, Assault Rifles, And Pistols.

Disadvantage: Despite His No-Nonsense Attitude, Cho Is very forgetful. he will often mix up the survivors names, as well as the infected names. the chance of this is more likely then unlikely, about a 40% chance he will mix up something.

--------------

Rita: Rita was a receptionist for a well-off law office. Reba got along well with everyone at the law office, even some of the snotty paralegals. Had A Husband And A Newborn At Home, She Is More Determined then ever to get home safe to her child and her husband. One Of The Campaigns is Trying to get to her home (Home Sweet Home)

Appearance: Tall And Slender, Long, Wavy Black Hair that goes down to shoulders. Curvy, but doesn't know it. Purple Blouse And Dark Grey Khakis.

Origin: Mochudi (Botswana) Current Home: Seattle

Personality: Friendly, Gets Along With Everyone. Very Insecure about her looks and personality due to troubles with her mother. Rita is genuinley a nice person, and also naturally beautiful.

Advantage: Rita is very tough and agile. she can climb up poles and easily leap onto ledges. she can access places most others can't. these places usually were well guarded by fellow survivors. and whenever stumbled upon, she always finds something to help them... (Can access secret rooms which will always contain something helpful, such as health kits, pills, etc. if she ever falls onto a ledge, she will always help herself up without assistance.

Disadvantage: Rita Cannot Run Fast, and is inaccurate with a gun. she can hit the zombies, but some bullets always seem to whiz by the wrong targets. (-25% speed and accuracy)

--------------

Nathen; was a former drug trafficker, and was often shot at. danger close? no big news or anything new for nathen. Nathen was never incarcerated for drug Trafficking, because he was never caught, except for by the other gangs wanting in on his profits. Nathen is not very Disiciplined, and dosen't take instructions well.

Appearance: Scrawny, Very Fair Skinned. Hair Never Seen. Wears Seattle Seahawks Hoodie, and grunge jeans with black converse. he also wears navy blue Bean Cap.

Personality: Cold, Never seems to care about the other survivors. he can't stand Cho, and is hardly upset when he dies. he does genuinely care for Rita and Daianna. Nathen warms up to cho at the beginning of the first campaign (as the survivors worked together before the campaigns)

Advantage: Nathen Is Very Accurate With A Gun, especially big assault rifles. Nathen has been shot before. when he goes down the first and second time, he can get himself up without assistance. (+40% Accuracy and Auto Self-Revive)

Disadvantage: Nathen does not get along with the group well, if he goes down the AI are 40% Slower To Get Him up and decision speed to go up.

AI Nathen Will Not Attempt to go back for downed survivors once he is Safe in the Safe room.

---------------------------------------------------------

Campaigns

The Death March (The Parade Of Life just Died) - Takes Place in seattle during the Parade Of Life. Which Means the Hordes Will Be Larger and More Frequent.

CUTSCENE: The Survivors Run Away From A Tank Into The saferoom,tank breaks door open survivors kill it, quickly get what they need, as they find out there in an overrun fire department

Fire Department: The 4 Fight Their way through an overrun fire department. Gauntlets: They Reach A Barricaded Room with a survivor who agrees to let them in, who is then killed by an hunter and accidentally lands on the panic button. Safe House:Across the street in the office of the Parking Garage

Parking Garage: The Survivors Fight There way up 5 Floors Of Parking, and Cars. it used to be an evacuation center, now its overrun: Gauntlets: None; Increased amount of car alarms Safe House: the survivors must jump from 1 rooftop to the next, and will land safely down there.

Streets: The Survivors Cross 4 Lanes to get to the safety of an abandoned diner. Gauntlet: a witch infested Wedding Dress Store the survivors must cross through. Safe House: Diner.

Crossair: the survivors make their way through a zombie infested department store called Crossair, (A Take On Target) Safehouse: Managers office

Finale: The Survivors Check Their Phones and they will all have Reception. They Dial 911. they hear there are survivors holding out in the police station across town. they have to hotwire a car and drive across seattle making there way to the station.

----------

Continuing From the Police Station

Campaign: Safety First (Safety First Is Not Safe Forever) - The Survivors Flee The Overrun Station, And have to help the Police and other survivors Evac some more locally. Survivors Get extra Firepower during most levels.

a tank also appears in every level. on Downtown around 3.

Cutscene: The Survivors Arrive and Rest For 20-30 Minutes, Until They Hear A Horde Cry. they tell everyone, and they start evacuating.

The Station: The Survivors Are Caught In The Middle Of The Horde Right Off The Bat. Its Sort Of Like The Bridge. The Survivors Have to Rush the Station to get to the armored trucks. (There is 2 in operation) the survivors along the way can choose to help other survivors (not Including the four) when they get into trouble and will haul ass to the trucks. Gauntlet: Constant Hordes Safehouse:Trucks

The Suburb:The people Decide to stop in a local suburb and do some evacuating. The heroic Four agree to go out and search the houses, as long as the armored trucks stay behind them, providing assistance from the streets. (The assistance is reflected upon how many survivors they save, from the station and the houses)

Gauntlet: Houses have Burglar Alarms. Safe House: Survivors can check up to Ten Houses, Minimum of Seven Houses. The Survivors Return To The Trucks.

Downtown: The Trucks Are Flipped Over By A Tank, and again, you can possibly save all survivors, as they group and flee, while the four have to deal with them. the new job is to find a safe house, which the four will lead. Gauntlet: The Survivors Always pass by the boxing ring, home to 2 tanks. Safe House: Rooftop

Finale: The Local Army Stationed an evac center, requiring you guys to get all the survivors in safely to the 3 or 4 stationed APC tanks which will Carry Safely Away The Survivors. Except for the one you go into. you still have many more campaigns to go through :p

---------

Home Sweet Home (The Happiest Place On Earth) the survivors are stuck in the suburbs, coincidentally the same one Rita Lives In. She Knows Her Way Around. Survivors Are Saveable.

CUTSCENE: The APC driver is killed when the infected break through the windshield and grab him. the survivors are forced to hold out there for a minute or 2 and then ditch the tank.

Mayweather Lane: a bunch Of Searchable Houses For Clues To The Safehouse, and evacuation, supplies, and survivors.

Gauntlet: House Alarms and you must break down the barricade to the safehouses Safehouse: Varies. Either 1142 MayWeather or 1313 Mayweather.

Mysto Street: Abandoned Completely. very common hideout for druggies. increase of smokers.

Safehouse: Next Door To Rita

Rita House: The Survivors Search The House For Survivors or Supplies.

the Survivors then Check Rita House. The House is Occupied... With Her Husband And Newborn, Safe and Alive. Once They Find Them, A Horde Triggers, And You must keep them and yourselfs alive at all costs.

Gauntlet: Husband And Newborn Safehouse: Ritas Bedroom

Finale: those survivors you saved back at the station have came back for you. they call your phone and let you know they on there way in a pick up truck. takes 10 in game minutes for them to arrive and you must safely hold out in Rita's More Broken Down House.

any other ideas? please let me know:)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
I think Left 4 Dead 3 should have character customization and basic stat skills ie if you use a shotgun most of the time then you will become a master at using one faster reloads better aim etc

You know, I'm not really big on this idea. Even though I play so much it would pay off for me. I would like them to add some sort of punishment for team killing and quitting ala Halo and others. There's nothing more annoying than being in the lead by 100 points or less and heading into the third or fourth chapter and having the other team full on rage quit because they blew a lead and have a definitely doable comeback to make. ...Or teams losing big and quitting out of the finale after they had their run as survivors.

Besides that I'm not hoping or dreaming of too much. I would like to see another infected or two and some new weapons. The silenced UZI is ass. Oh and I'm hoping for some more melees. Even if they have to remove some (nightstick and the cricket bat, I'm looking at you) I'd like to see some new stuff. A shovel would be cool as it would have some range and a satisfying sound sorta like the frying pan. The German combat knife or even a hatchet or butcher's knife would be cool too.

Oh, and I've often though a flare gun would be cool for a limited use weapon. It would attract toward it and light anything it hits on fire.

Finally a sort of pointless idea I had that would be a bit stupid but help out some. The least played map of the week or whatever would feature some slight changes like The Tank wearing a hat, the Witch wearing a black dress, whatever. This would help get people into playing the lesser played ones. I feel bad for Swamp Fever... I'm lucky to get into a Versus game of it once a month and it's as good as the rest.

The least played map of the week or whatever would feature some slight changes like The Tank wearing a hat...

Haha that would be pretty funny.

Although the idea's here are good I don't think they should be made into main game-features. What I mean by this is the likes of certain characters having stat boosts / special skills, a pretty good idea but keep it small so that characters don't get pigeon holed into 'Medic' 'Solider' 'Engineer' and so on like so many other games.

Same goes for the idea of becoming skilled in one weapon, lets not make it a huge grind fest where you need to get 1000 head shots to be better at it or use it alone for 100 games, just a small improvement would be fine (big enough to be noticable though!) or even a large improvement but short lived such as use the same weapon for most of the first 3 chapters improves it in the finally. Or better yet have things save between games so using the same weapon through Campaign 1 makes it better in 2 and again in 3 and so on. You could then have the A.I. director adjust difficulty of each campaign based on the weapon level of the playing characters.

I guess what I'm getting at is L4D2 is good because you can just pick it up and go, no need to level up or grind or find the best weapons, and they should try and keep that as much as possible whilst also adding new things to keep it fresh.

In versus mode or whenever playing special infected in general I would love to see playing the zombies in 3rd person view as long as their abilities are tweaked to fit it.

I would also like to see a greater emphasis on the zombies abilities, for example, what if you could equip perks to each individual special infected while the emphasis on surviors was still to, what else? survive. The perks could be things that both help and hinder the special infected, such as climbing on walls as a hunter but pounce doesn't charge as fast, or spitter's acid does way more damage but hurts infected as well, or jockey has complete control but dies in one hit. These are the kind of things I would like to see in L4d3.

Special infected:

Darkling: Is a male infected that is only able to move and see in the dark and when in buildings it will crawl along the ceiling. When survivor is left alone or turns their back to it, it will grab them and attack while hanging from the ceiling. If outside it will only wrap it's arms around you and start to bite you like a vampire.

Screamer: This is a young female infected that is blind but has good hearing. If someone gets to close or makes to much noise (like a pipe bomb) then it will scream and summon more special infected to the location or speed up their re-spawn time for a short amount of time.

That's all I have on special infected at this point and I'm not sure on the screamer but it's not like these ideas will be used anyway.

Customizable competitive settings. So far a community mutation called "complite" is being created based on the PC's confogl.

Settings include:

-no health kits nor defibs

-no tier 2 weapons (Assault Rifles, Auto-shotties, Military Sniper, M-60, Grenade Launcher)

-no special ammo

-no lasers

-Tank on every map

-Tank spawns at the same survivor progress percentage

-75% chance of a witch on each map

-All witches are sitting

-Witch damage to a downed survivor increased from 40 to 75

-Jockey recharge after incapping a survivor is 15 seconds as opposed to the current 30

-Jockey has greater control over a survivor's movement

-Melee fatigue after 2 shoves rather than 5

-Random horde every 100 seconds

-All hordes (boomer or random) have 25 infected

-After being boomed, 100 second timer for a horde resets

-CEDA uncommon do not drop bile bombs

-Fallen survivor uncommon do not drop supplies

I'm sure there's more, but that's all I can think of. Confogl uses a hybrid L4D1 & 2 scoring system, but this can't be implemented into the current game without a major patch.

Ability to combine different maps to make your own 5-chapter campaign would be neat. Take the best chapters and combine into a super campaign. e.g. SF1, HR2, DaCa3, TP4, & TP5.

No perks, no aiming down sites, no gun attachments, no special abilities to each character (would just cause arguments and more kicks in lobbies); every character and player should have a level playing field.

Edited by SonicDPsycho

You know what I think would be a good idea? Make L4D3 international. Like I would love to see a zombie apocalypse in Japan, Italy, England and Ireland for example. I don't know how that would work but it's just an idea

I would love that. Have them go to an island in the Caribbean or to mexico then get on a cruise ship to escape. Next level takes place on the ship with zombies or perhaps a aircraft carrier with zombies. It could then either bring to asia or europe.

I really hope the next one comes to PS3 also. Not that I want it on ps3 but if dlc comes out on both maybe sony won't make them charge for it causing MS not to either.

• 2 weeks later...

I like some of the ideas but most are horrible.

A lot of them are making the series more like Alone in the Dark or Silent Hill. Left 4 Dead is supposed to be a SOMEWHAT "realistic" version of a virus apocalypse. And THEY ARE NOT ZOMBIES!!!

Anyways, keep everything from the previous two games, (infected, weapons, etc.), but I want the ability to aim down the sights, correct reloading weapons, and correct firepower, and magazine count.

Also, I would like to see infected wolves or dogs, and do what Dead Island couldn't do due to engine capabilities: Real-time damage system.

Also, I would like to see my legs (chest would be better).

I would like to see some more infected models (along with models from the previous games) and maybe some special infected inspired by The Hills Have Eyes, or Wrong Turn.

Bring back all weapons from previous games. (Including the Glock 19, SIG P226, Springfield Armory 1911, and Minigun). Make the M16 3-burst, and the SCAR-L fully automatic, and to pick and choose which handguns to use. And use the weapons real-name. Remove the silencer from the MAC-10.

guns and melee weapons have a chance of breaking/jamming

guns are more rare, and so is ammo.

can pick up anything to use as a weapon (Rocks, books, boxes, cups, chairs, etc.)

much much bigger and Longer maps (2 hours long to complete a single campaign if one was playing on easy and was doing a speed run)

10 campaign with the majority of the levels being at night. With a few during the day.

ability to save during a campaign. I despise having to start all over again.

new engine has ability to allow dead bodies to stay instead of de-spawning. And fully destructable environments.

New weapons:

1. Smith & Wesson 5946

2. Skorpion

3. .475 Wildey Magnum

4. Smith & Wesson Model 29

5. AR-15A3

6. UMP 45

7. Beretta 682 Shotgun

8. Colt Single Action Army

9. Ithaca 37

10. Winchester Model 1912

11. Beretta M9

12. Remington 700

13. Walther P99

14. Colt Anaconda

15. FN Five-SeveN

16. Kimber Warrior

17. Compound Bow

New Melee Weapons:

1. Ice Pick

2. Shovel

3. Sledgehammer

4. Sickle

5. Kitchen Knife

6. Cane

7. Hurling Bat

8. Meat Hook

9. Tire Iron

New Throwable weapons:

1. M67 Grenade

2. Phosphorous Grenade

3. Spitter Vial

• 4 weeks later...
I like some of the ideas but most are horrible.

A lot of them are making the series more like Alone in the Dark or Silent Hill. Left 4 Dead is supposed to be a SOMEWHAT "realistic" version of a virus apocalypse. And THEY ARE NOT ZOMBIES!!!

Anyways, keep everything from the previous two games, (infected, weapons, etc.), but I want the ability to aim down the sights, correct reloading weapons, and correct firepower, and magazine count.

Also, I would like to see infected wolves or dogs, and do what Dead Island couldn't do due to engine capabilities: Real-time damage system.

Also, I would like to see my legs (chest would be better).

I would like to see some more infected models (along with models from the previous games) and maybe some special infected inspired by The Hills Have Eyes, or Wrong Turn.

Bring back all weapons from previous games. (Including the Glock 19, SIG P226, Springfield Armory 1911, and Minigun). Make the M16 3-burst, and the SCAR-L fully automatic, and to pick and choose which handguns to use. And use the weapons real-name. Remove the silencer from the MAC-10.

guns and melee weapons have a chance of breaking/jamming

guns are more rare, and so is ammo.

can pick up anything to use as a weapon (Rocks, books, boxes, cups, chairs, etc.)

much much bigger and Longer maps (2 hours long to complete a single campaign if one was playing on easy and was doing a speed run)

10 campaign with the majority of the levels being at night. With a few during the day.

ability to save during a campaign. I despise having to start all over again.

new engine has ability to allow dead bodies to stay instead of de-spawning. And fully destructable environments.

New weapons:

1. Smith & Wesson 5946

2. Skorpion

3. .475 Wildey Magnum

4. Smith & Wesson Model 29

5. AR-15A3

6. UMP 45

7. Beretta 682 Shotgun

8. Colt Single Action Army

9. Ithaca 37

10. Winchester Model 1912

11. Beretta M9

12. Remington 700

13. Walther P99

14. Colt Anaconda

15. FN Five-SeveN

16. Kimber Warrior

17. Compound Bow

New Melee Weapons:

1. Ice Pick

2. Shovel

3. Sledgehammer

4. Sickle

5. Kitchen Knife

6. Cane

7. Hurling Bat

8. Meat Hook

9. Tire Iron

New Throwable weapons:

1. M67 Grenade

2. Phosphorous Grenade

3. Spitter Vial

Just Because i didn't have any new guns or weapons and i didn't have enough space my thing is horrible? not to be trolling or anything (and i know we all have opinions of our own) i don't think my i dea is horrible -- what was so horrible about it?

Just Because i didn't have any new guns or weapons and i didn't have enough space my thing is horrible? not to be trolling or anything (and i know we all have opinions of our own) i don't think my i dea is horrible -- what was so horrible about it?

I could have worded that differently, I meant the ideas were good, and some I didn't like.

Well besides the siamese guy (It should instead be thai, but that is besides the point) I don't like special abilities for survivors. Girl can't use shotguns because she isn't strong enough (Well firearms don't weigh 20 pounds, and 99.9% of the adult population is strong enough to carry one, unless they were paralyzed from the shoulder down or something), and the law office receptionist reminds me too much like Louis, and the drug trafficker is basically another version of Nick.

• 3 weeks later...

Good Point. i all of these are based on people i have already met. They're names are different but the backgrounds are the same. i agree we could change reba into like a uhh Jewelry Store Cashier? i picture as being an employee of a business. and Nathen does have striking similarities to nick. so... how about we make nathen into "joshua" and he is a.... cyber hacker??

• 3 weeks later...

Screamer: This is a young female infected that is blind but has good hearing. If someone gets to close or makes to much noise (like a pipe bomb) then it will scream and summon more special infected to the location or speed up their re-spawn time for a short amount of time.

Why would they put a special infected in the game that they took out of the first game?

• 3 weeks later...