No posts? Seriously? Isn't anyone out there interested in this game?

What is this game and what s it about?

Come on, don't be lazy. All the news we've run can be found on the game's page, take ten seconds and do some research on your own if you're unfamiliar with something.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/xcom/overview/

OT: I was excited when I saw it announced, then I saw "Shooter" as the genre. I am hopeful because the original BioShock devs are on it, but Xcom, to me, isn't a FPS. I hope they can manage to still get some strategy elements in there subtly that will keep true to the roots.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Come on, don't be lazy. All the news we've run can be found on the game's page, take ten seconds and do some research on your own if you're unfamiliar with something.

OT: I was excited when I saw it announced, then I saw "Shooter" as the genre. I am hopeful because the original BioShock devs are on it, but Xcom, to me, isn't a FPS. I hope they can manage to still get some strategy elements in there subtly that will keep true to the roots.

wow...why so cranky?

Just by looking at the screen shots it looks pretty cool...Honestly I knew nothing about this game, but the thread title jumped out at me.

wow...why so cranky?

Not really cranky per se, but as a moderator here, I see that post dozens of times a week, on things more stupid than this sometimes. Maybe it's just my personality, but if I don't understand something or don't even know what it is, I attempt to find out on my own before posting on the internet and waiting sometimes hours or days for a response.

Since the invention of the internet, or if you want to only go so far back as google, there's no excuse for not even attempting to educate yourself. We have run plenty of news right on this very site, and just googling "xbox 360 xcom" will give you thousands of others.

Yeah the one genre XBOX doesn't need is more fps. Would of been better if they'd of given us some neat UFO-XCOM rts instead. The only way I could see this working now is if they had a system like Mass Effect you control more than one unit at a time with, that said with ME3 due before this do we even need another game like that.

• 2 months later...

I have to say I have been following this game extremely closely ever since I saw the debut trailers, It looks like it is going to be amazing and as a fan of the original xcom games eg enemy unknown, Terror from the deep I hoped to see the devs stay true to the games roots and they have hinted at this in any interview I have managed to catch, eg researching the corpses, weapons etc then being able to upgrade your own gear to use against the aliens

• 2 weeks later...

I've got some friends who are huge fans of the originals who have a stance towards this game that is something like "kill it with fire". I'm cautiously optimistic though - the stuff shown so far makes it look like it could be a good game, just not necessarily an XCOM game (hopefully they manage to make it both - a good game, that's true to it's roots).

My main concern is that the stuff shown so far looks kinda like "XCOM - Mass Effect Edition", which can really only really go one of two ways. Plus the release date seems awful foolish.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

This is the game I'm looking forward to the most this year. I played this when it first came out on the PS1 in the early '90s and then I most recently downloaded it from Steam to refamilarize myself. From what I've seen and read I have high hopes that they kept it similar to what made the original great in the first place while making some nice tweaks to make it fresh. Looking forward to hopefully seeing some new stuff this week at E3...

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

But...the internet specifically caters to my lazy. See? You already did all the work for me. Thanks for the research (truthfully) because I know little to nothing about XCOM so far.