EASY way to 30x combo

JJBDude

On the Ruffin' It level towards the end of the game I was able to get this achievement with extreme ease. Basically you'll have guys spawning and you need to kill them (early on in the level, first enemey encounter), eventually you'll be able to defeat all enemies apart from one guy who has two shields for arms. If you do it correctly you will be able to attack him and then he blocks. He will forever block you as long as you change what attack you do so I figured I would press X followed by LB to do laser eyes and he would keep blocking while my combo builds up.

It becomes very easy when you do it like this, I hope this helps. :)

• 1 month later...

I think this might depend on what youre better at because I got a 39x combo the 2nd try with the achievement guide method.

I tried the method posted in this thread first and for some reason I always didnt have enough energy to get up to a 30x on disky. Usually got up to 23x and I tried while keeping the other two guys alive just to get the extra hits, but they usaully hit me when I was around 20x or so on disky.

Doesnt matter now since I got it, but I just figured Id give a little input for anyone else that may have this problem.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

How is this possible? You run out of energy at around 28 hits even if you have all the upgrades! And even if I slow down the attacks to try and regen power between eye nukes.

I try x, slight pause, y, slight pause, LB over and over and I'm lost... I might retry getting Calico tonight.

Feonyx

Edited by Feonyx

Ok so I tried "Roughing it" to no avail and then finally I found a way to get 30+ every time on the Calico Fight. Since I have learned so much from these boards I decided to share :)

Hit Calico until he teleports to a healing station. Now when you are near the healing station hit him with "Y" and then "LB" hold down so that it hits him repeatedly. Repeat the "Y" and "LB" if he hits you away until he teleports to the healing station (Your combo is STILL running if he has teleported and not hit you). Now hit him with a handul of "Y" hits and the hold down "LB" and you get 30+ hits. If you find you get too far away from him with the laser eyes position your back to the wall when you start hitting him so you shouldn't move too much and show easily get 30+ hits.

Feonyx

• 2 weeks later...
Ok so I tried "Roughing it" to no avail and then finally I found a way to get 30+ every time on the Calico Fight. Since I have learned so much from these boards I decided to share :)

Hit Calico until he teleports to a healing station. Now when you are near the healing station hit him with "Y" and then "LB" hold down so that it hits him repeatedly. Repeat the "Y" and "LB" if he hits you away until he teleports to the healing station (Your combo is STILL running if he has teleported and not hit you). Now hit him with a handul of "Y" hits and the hold down "LB" and you get 30+ hits. If you find you get too far away from him with the laser eyes position your back to the wall when you start hitting him so you shouldn't move too much and show easily get 30+ hits.

Feonyx

Thank you! I tried Ruffin' It a few times but kept killing the guy somehow before getting much of a combo. This method takes a bit of a fluke where he runs off before hitting you but once you get the hang of it you're fine. I ended up with a 46 to get the achievement. You have to be careful not to destroy his recharging station to have the best chance.

• 3 weeks later...
Thank you! I tried Ruffin' It a few times but kept killing the guy somehow before getting much of a combo. This method takes a bit of a fluke where he runs off before hitting you but once you get the hang of it you're fine. I ended up with a 46 to get the achievement. You have to be careful not to destroy his recharging station to have the best chance.

there's one thing I don't understand :

I hit him with Y then LB and I can get more or less 15 combo

after that he hit me, I go near him again but when I jump and push Y

the combo start from 1

What I do wrong ?

Edit: ok I got it, I used the method described fro the Ruffin' it Level thx a lot

Thx

Edited by xEndriux

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Feonyx

Feonyx you are the man!!! Y worked much better than X cheers.

Hit Y and LB and did 13 combo, till he teleported then hit Y, X, X, X, X then LB and got 34 combo.

Mega Kudos!

• 2 months later...

I did it on Ruffin' It.

Get to Discy, get him alone so the others don't screw up your combo, then hit him (hopefully he blocks) w/ X. Spam the X button until Bolt strikes 2x, then spam the LB until Bolt uses his Laser Eyes, and again, spam X until Bolt strikes 2x, and repeat. I found if I tried to hit him more than 2x, he would hit me, and I wasn't good enough to only be able to hit him once, and spamming the buttons was the only way I could do it. Good luck, easy once you get the picture.

• 2 months later...

Feonyx

This is how I got it. I used :ybut: until I got to about five or six hits and then held down :lbbut: until Calico teleported. When he came back, I did the exact same thing and got a 42 hit combo. With the method described in the first post, I always either got hit, killed the guy when he didn't block, or knock him or a cliff. Oh well, I got the K, so I'm happy.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey thanks for the tip. I gave Calico a few tries but failed and tried this method it worked perfectly! Once the guy with the bomb frisbees appeared, I attacked him til he started to block and went with "X', "X", "LB" (Laser Eye) to get the combo. This one should be replaced with the one in the guide.

• 3 weeks later...
This is how I got it. I used :ybut: until I got to about five or six hits and then held down :lbbut: until Calico teleported. When he came back, I did the exact same thing and got a 42 hit combo. With the method described in the first post, I always either got hit, killed the guy when he didn't block, or knock him or a cliff. Oh well, I got the K, so I'm happy.

Hit a +70 combo that way...easy!!! Thx

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

after trying it on the boss and failing 100 times i can safety say that Never, NOT ONCE, did the counter continue after he knocked me, NOT ONCE. . the highest i could get was 27. and when he jumps away and comes back down it also restarts OR i shoot the pod(or im to far away to continue it)

i will try the Y method

edit: ok im back: OK i tried the Y method. and i think it lets you glitch into more. i just spent the last 20 minutes trying Y LB then Id always go to far or continue to laser. and id land on the ground going back to 1x. but in one attempt i landed right next to him as he landed at it allowed me to continue. so i think you HAVE to be real quick or in the right moment to continue.

Edited by TimespliTT

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...