Can you hear the Owl on Death Valley?

Barad

It's been kind of cool to see and hear the little nuances in the atmosphere of each map. I was running through the grassy fields on Shield and an entire flock of birds leapt up around me and flew off when I disturbed them.

Kinda awesome.

I was taking off in a chopper, and a bird was flying by. I had to do a double take. Nice additions to the game.:)

I was taking off in a chopper, and a bird was flying by. I had to do a double take. Nice additions to the game.:)

That is pretty awesome, I noticed that too on Armored Shield.

Anyone notice the birds in the trees on Caspian Border? I was shooting M26 Frag rounds at the trees one day and birds would randomly fly out.

I have yet to see any of the "easter eggs" but I am going to make it a point to tomorrow.

Yes, I've heard him. Very nice little detail that adds to the ambiance of the environments. In the midst of carnage on the battlefield, the hoot of an owl is something I take notice of even more so than explosions and irritating kids with their headsets.

And I'm not sure if there have always been birds flying around on BF 3 before this DLC, but the funny thing is that I have often mistaken birds as players parachuting out of air vehicles on Alborz Mountain. It's only when I try to spot and get fuck all in the way results that I feel an idiot. :/

The birds definitely got one over on me there. It'd be funnier if they shit on your head as an added Easter egg.

• 2 months later...