Not a game for movie buffs.

ReaptheChaos

If you’re a movie buff like me and you’re thinking about this game then I would pass on it. The database is very limited so the game gets repetitive very fast. After about 2 or 3 hours of play you’ve pretty much seen every question in the game. Apparently they intended to release more questions as DLC but the company went out of business.

If you’re just looking for easy achievements then I guess this would be a game you can consider, however at $10 (800 MSP) it’s hardly worth the 200 points in my opinion.

• 1 month later...

If you're a movie buff, you will be able to answer at least 50% of the questions posed after the movie clips. If you have played any other Scene It game, you will know this is true for this game and the others.

The minigames (primarily) aren't based on knowledge that players have gained before playing the game, they are based on what the player is seeing in front of him or herself at that moment. If you read a question and respond quickly with an answer, you can do well at this game. If you can remember BASIC trivia and pictures, you will do even better at this game.

The OP makes it sound like "if you really like movies, don't play this game" - that is far from true. This is a fun game, just like the retail games of the same title, but with a far more limited range of movies referenced (because of the price).

My biggest complaint of the entire series is that all the games are only movie-based. My friends and I would LOVE some sports/video game/TV show trivia added. The DLC list in-game for this game even lists several other "Coming Soon" content packs that have been listed since the game came out - obviously never to be released!

I say, if you like movies at all AND have friends to play with locally or via Live, pay the $10 (or less if on sale because it's older now) to buy it.