Game Info

Codemasters today revealed Turning Point: Fall of Liberty as the official name for the upcoming alternate-reality WWII shooter in development at Spark Unlimited. Turning Point: Fall of Liberty is currently planned as a major Q4 '07 launch for Codemasters, and will be available for the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, Playstation 3 computer entertainment system, and Games for Windows. The game is currently rated "RP" (Rating Pending) by the ESRB.

In 1931 Winston Churchill survived being struck by a taxi while crossing the street in New York. What if Churchill had died and wasn't alive to voice the battle cry that inspired the Allied troops to confront the Nazi war machine? What if England had surrendered to Hitler? What if there was no D-Day and Pearl Harbor never happened? What if the United States never entered WWII until WWII came knocking at their front door.

Turning Point: Fall of Liberty opens in 1952 as Germany lands a well planned surprise attack on the gateway of the United States eastern coast – New York. Nazi battleships quickly take the harbor, German aircraft pound the city streets with ordinance, and Zeppelins and assault blimps deploy troops to take the city block by block. With New York falling to pieces, and Washington D.C. in enemy sights, will anyone be able to stop the Nazi Blitzkrieg on American soil?

Striking a unique balance between wartime authenticity while also bringing a fresh perspective to the WWII genre through an alternate timeline and advanced weaponry, Turning Point: Fall of Liberty will be a very personal battle for gamers. Depicting a Second World War never before imagined, it's time to fight afresh against the world's most notorious war machine.

• 2 months later...

In 1931, Winston Churchill was hit by a taxi in New York City. In the real world past, he survived and went on to rally the British people to fight against the Nazi threat; however, in this alternate timeline, Winston Churchill died soon afterwards, allowing the Third Reich to invade the British Isles, and, presumably, along with her allies the rest of Europe, Iceland and Greenland. After that victory, the Axis go on to attack the American Eastern Seaboard by 1950, and the opening scene in the game places you right in the heat of a surprise attack on New York.

The crucial point here is that you don't play as a soldier. You're not connected to the military at all. You're just a normal, average citzen and instead of trying to win the war single-handedly, like in some other war-based FPS games, your main objective is simply to survive the doctrine of total war.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Release Date: 2/26/08 !!!111!!1!!!!one!!!!1!

This storyline is one of, if not THE, best of any game I have ever heard of. I'm glad somebody had the balls to put the Nazi's in control for once. Of course one man takes them down, but hey, he's a construction worker! What I find interesting is that the death of Winston Churchill is what allowed the Nazi forces to take over. I guess we could all argue potential turning points, but it would be useless.

And I already called dibs on this guide. Don't even try.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
You might be better off spending your money on something else, at least until the price for this drops a good bit.

Agreed.

While I'm one of the few 'defenders' for this game, I think your money would be much better spent on a few of the incredible games coming out this and next month, or even some of the better shooters from the last couple years.

Dark Sector, Army of Two, Rainbow Six Vegas 2 and Grand Theft Auto 4 would all be more worth your money.

• 1 year later...