X360A Ultimate FAQ (Please Read First!)

Fizzmatix

can some give me a link to help me with my problem with my animated avatar , or just a guide how to do it , been searching cant find anything , maybe ive been typing in the wrong keywords? thanks in advance :)

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

X360A Ultimate FAQ

This guide should help clear up a lot of repeat questions. The following information will guide you towards the answers you may be looking for, if there is something missing please let me know.

Getting Started: Some of you have probably asked some of these questions before so here are a few threads to cover everything you need from profile maintenance to achievement guide preparation.

!!! IMPORTANT PROFILE CHANGE !!!

=========================

All new users will have to make 10 posts as a minimum requirement before they can edit their profile details. This includes: Gamertags, Signatures, Avatars etc.

DO NOT SPAM YOUR WAY TO 10 POSTS.

=========================

Posts & Threads

Before you jump in and start making posts always use the

search function, if you can't find anything look around the forum before posting. There are a few threads that you'll see in each individual game forum. Read how to use the stickies before making new threads.

• Search before you post
  • Don't double post
  • Abusive posts are not tolerated
  • Do not bump threads

If those basic posting rules aren't enough here is a list of forum/site rules for your to look over. Breaching these rules will lead to either infractions or a ban depending on your offense so make sure you know them and use common sense at all times.

Forum/Site Rules

Profiles

Gamer Info/Friend/Message button
Subscribing

Awards

Posting

Guide Writing

Submission Rules and Guidelines

Reporting Issues: If you either run into an issue with a member or find a mistake on the website these links may be useful.

Broken/Missing

Member Issues

After reading through these threads you should be an expert in maintaining your profile. You also know everything about achievement guides, roadmaps and all the other small but interesting parts to this forum.

Getting Tech: There are quite a few technical based questions and plenty of threads to answer your questions. There are plenty of threads which may have answered your questions but there are other resources which may prove useful.

There are a lot of technical questions to ask so dig through the tech forum to see if anyone else has asked what your looking for.

Graphics: If your after a custom signature you can find a large group of talented users who will be able to aid your requests. If you have any other graphic based questions you can also find tutorials and ask for help with your own projects.

Game Related: If you want to find out game specific information the following threads may prove useful.

If you have any questions regarding a certain game please post those questions in the forum for that game.

thanks for that it really helped me out

• 2 weeks later...

it happened to me the first time i joined here i wasn't able to change/edit anything until i posted 11 times , then everything wen't normal and by the way if i invite people who do i get the award 'word of mouth' ? , i don't think that anybody would know that i invited them.

Thanks for the info, but you should really check some other post since they say you only need five post not ten.
Things have changed a lot and I haven't yet got around to updating this. I need to re-do some of the links and information as well. Some have been replaced or are now out of date and no longer required.

WOW never knew what that 1 red light ment every time i start my 360 up that light comes on and normally have to turn on and off untill it goe's away and the painful thing is its a MW2 Limited Edition Console,looks like i need a new hard drive.

Very helpful post thanks

So, once I make my 10 posts, will the site know what achievements I have earned? Is there a way to make that populate from my gamercard, or do I have to manually check them off?
There currently is no way to pull this information from xbox.com. Microsoft don't provide access to those feeds, so if you want to build the checklists part of your profile, it has to be done manually.

If you sign up for the site leaderboards once you have enough posts though some of the information regarding your completed amount and such will be populated.

• 2 weeks later...

Well now I know what I have to do in order to be able to merge my xbox 360 achievements over to xboxa360.org. But what is the big deal to have my achievements merged with this website.

I'm a newbie to this website, and was just wondering what was the big deal about posting five times in order to be able to edit your profile.

"If the axe is dull and it's edge unsharpend, more strength is needed but skill will bring success." -Ecclesiastes 10:10 It takes skill and grace to communicate, but it does not take much to be a hammer. Quit talking trash and bring some skill to the table. We all lose it's a part of life, as the same in gaming. Fredrick Douglas says it best, "If there is no struggle, there is no progress." We only lose to become winners. - Capt T Crunch, certified GAMING CHAMPION.
Edited by AOS Puck

Ok just so I don't have to post three seperate post and to show I'm not trying make muti post just to up my post #'s I have three seperate issues I would like to take care of here.

FIRST:

I'm a newbie to this website, and was just wondering what was the big deal about posting five times in order to be able to edit your profile.

Not trying to be mean but you should read the thread before posting questions like that, it's only been answered a bunch of times..

SECOND:

There currently is no way to pull this information from xbox.com. Microsoft don't provide access to those feeds, so if you want to build the checklists part of your profile, it has to be done manually.

If you sign up for the site leaderboards once you have enough posts though some of the information regarding your completed amount and such will be populated.

Thanks this helps me understand a little more..

THIRD:

The most relevant of the post I have (if you will) is a question which had been perplexing me and if this is the wrong place for it, please let me know and please all I ask is that you point me in the right direction as to where I should look..

My X-Box live Avatar Pic. doesn't show up on my profile (the little one) I know it's a small thing but I have finaly got my Avatar and GC to show up properly but for the purposes of this site the little one still is not showing up..any thoughts? It's probably something pretty simple..but I would appreciate the help.

THANKS!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

First I would like to say that this is a great guide and it answered nearly all of my questions I had. I still have a few, I'll post them here and if this is the wrong place for them I apologize in advance.

I checked my Stats tab for my posts and it only had 2 showing but i know i have posted at least 4, any idea why that would happen?

Second, I saw that there are paid subscriptions for the site, but I couldn't find info on what the difference in subscription level was?

Thanks again.

Edit: I found the answer to my first question. I had posted comments on articles and i dont believe those count as posts for the forums.

Edited by SteamboatWi11y
found the answer to my own question.

• 2 weeks later...