Training Camps Made Easier

gotworms

I went through this process 3 times before getting the achievement. Here's the setup I found the easiest. I created a pass first point guard, and made him 6 feet 7 inches tall. The less attribute points for height is a small difference, and I easily achieved A+ ratings. The first thing I did was get his passing ability to 80, then I got his layups to 71. His height prevents his from being blocked very easily.

I got an A+ in every game, and averaged a double double. Assist are easy, and if you choose to go in for layups at the right time points are easy. I blew up for 30 points in one game, just off of layups. I also improved his on ball defense, and mid range jumpshot. His height helps you correct for mistakes on defense, and you should get 1-2 blocks a game. I also crashed the boards on offense, and probably averaged 2-3 offensive rebounds.

I also improved his ball handling for both hands to 70, which unlocks pro dirbble manuevers. I did med shot, ball defense, and dribbling after layups and passing, and improved these 3 at the same time.

I created two point guards, both with number 7 and was placed on the warriors. I don't know if this is coincidence, or not. I got the achievement with the warriors. There big men suck, so don't attempt alley oops, unless corey magetti(#50 small forward) is open on a fast break. When I passed the first part of training camp, the warriors offered me to stay with them. I chose to do this, because their guards are not very good. The crappy teammates is frustrating, but being able to easily score lay ups helps the A+ rating tremendously. For the most part you don't have to worry about being blocked if you get a good angle.

I hope this helps everyone.:locked

Edited by gotworms
more info

ONe more thing, for drills I did either steals or shooting, and made sure to get a gold on both.

I have done this numerous of time I almost averaged a triple double and no training camp achievement I think this achievement is just a matter of luck. It's even easier if you upload your player from the draft combine because you can use sliders for the steals.

I was able to pick the team I wanted to play for in the NBA.

So i go ahead and pick Magic. My player is a PG and because my team has 2 good point guards they threw me at SG all the time. I really dont like to play SG because it throws me of my game and instead of pass I'm thinking shot.

Is there anyway to change teams? If I play really crappy will I get traded or sent back to the D League?

I don't want to start over this is my 3rd player. One from the Combine and 2 I made when I bought the game and there in the D league so i don't want to play them. :p

I know if you play crappy they will reduce your minutes. I had a couple of bad games, and my minutes were reduced until I started getting good teammate rating. I actually took the starting position from the point guards on the warriors. My suggestion as shooting guard would be play same as point guard. You can't dribble for as long, but you might be able to get some quick assits.

• 1 month later...

Thanks a lot for the tips. I tried making a huge center and it wasn't working out to well. I always like reading tips on how to do it from people who actually did it themselves, instead of people who just speculate on what might work and might not. Looks like I gotta erase my 7'5" center and start over with a PG. I'm sure its a lot more fun playing with a point guard anyways compared to a boring center. Thanks again for the help.:uzi::eek: