worst pro ev ever!

grant01

this game is utter shit

Ermm, yeah...well great assumption there. any reasons as to why you think it is "utter shit" or you just having an "utter shit day" so everything you come across is "utter shit"

A s Pro Evo fan for years....who actually looked over this game for the last 2 releases because they were "utter shit" finds this one really amazing...i think they done a great job on the gameplay, admittedly found it a little tricky at first to master, i find it by far the most realistic footie game around. (IMO) ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Commentary is exactly the same as the last Pro Evo game so a little disappointed that they didn't improve on that. But it's an interesting game, doesn't feel as arcade as 2010 but it's pretty good and takes a while to master.

Still not convinced with the shooting though.

so, i have also been a die hard fan of pro for years and even got the last two editions, however considering to switch to fifa because everyone was saying how much better it was.

pro 2008 was shit. thats just a fact.

last year's seemed to get back in track and although it wasn't a wonder, it was ok.

this year i downloaded both demos and although i was more convinced to try this year's fifa, after playing the demo i thought that it was a better idea to stick to pro.

the thing is i just rented it last night and i'm almost half way through with the achievements and i believe i can finish it in another rental.

my question is: is it worth to get fifa for achievements sake and to play more on my own? or should i stay with pro?

i dunno if all this makes sense

i was thinking about actually purchasing it. the thing is that i dont wanna do that and then be disappointed by Fifa because this new Pro I believe is pretty damn good. I've had it for like 36 hours now and I'm missing just some 7 achievements. the thing is that I'm pretty sure the game would lose intererest for me after i'm done with the achievements so thats why I'm considering Fifa, since it seems way more long-lasting in terms of achievements. even if getting the full 1000 is nearly impossible.

i dunno i might end up getting it, or maybe not and go for Formula1. we'll see

I think PES 2011 has evolved a lot compared to the last years´ outputs. Yes, the commentary is still the same crap (at least in German) and they really fucked up with the new penalty system, but when it comes to gameplay I love it. Real football-feeling again. I think the review here on X360A gives way too few credit to the changes that have been made. It´s definately not the worst PES ever!

• 2 weeks later...
so, i have also been a die hard fan of pro for years and even got the last two editions, however considering to switch to fifa because everyone was saying how much better it was.

pro 2008 was shit. thats just a fact.

last year's seemed to get back in track and although it wasn't a wonder, it was ok.

this year i downloaded both demos and although i was more convinced to try this year's fifa, after playing the demo i thought that it was a better idea to stick to pro.

the thing is i just rented it last night and i'm almost half way through with the achievements and i believe i can finish it in another rental.

my question is: is it worth to get fifa for achievements sake and to play more on my own? or should i stay with pro?

i dunno if all this makes sense

If you want FIFA get 10 because it's £5 at gamstation now. FIFA 11 achievements are easier though (got all the offline ones in less than a week, Virtual Pro can be done against second controller) if that's what your buying it for. I've been a die hard FIFA fan since PES 2008 was crap, but I got rid of FIFA 11, I might buy PES 2011.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Bought it today, and after playing just 10 minutes of I am not looking forward to trying to complete any achievements. Passing is rubbish, players will not sprint and even on the lowest settings I am still losing posession too easily.

Maybe it was cos I was half asleep though, so will try again once I have a long sleep lol.

• 3 weeks later...
quit pes games for fifa 09. then got fifa 11, the gameplay vfor me is way to conservative and well...boring! So I tried Pes 11 and I can't get enough seriously!

Couldnt agree more. I tried this after I felt seriously let down by this years FIFA - and now, hell, its gonna take a feckin belter of a game by EA next year for me to revert back.

I just love this game now. Period.

• 1 month later...

This is by far the best PES in years, recent editions have been awful and the franchise was looking in trouble but this one is a huge improvement from last years (and i won't even mention the 2008 version).

I have never been a FIFA fan, i find the gameplay too boring and arcade-type but tried FIFA 11 anyway and compared to PES 2011 i really don't understand why it has a better rating. Overall PES 2011 is by far the best football game for this year.

I bought this game last week, and the only reason i still have it, is because 1 need the online achievment (any1 wanna boost? :p).

I think FIFA is miles ahead of PES and it's going to be difficult for PES to recover. The fact that FIFA has all the licenses is very important for me, because i wanna play the league from my country, that's impossible in PES.

PES has the CL, EL and Copa whatever, that's like fun for 1 time, but that's it. It dissapointed me that they added alot of South American teams, but teams like Chelsea and Liverpool still aren't officially licensed.

+ the fact that the Master League is still shit. It was decent in 2009, but now I can't even find it fun

• 1 month later...
II think FIFA is miles ahead of PES and it's going to be difficult for PES to recover. The fact that FIFA has all the licenses is very important for me, because i wanna play the league from my country, that's impossible in PES.

PES has the CL, EL and Copa whatever, that's like fun for 1 time, but that's it. It dissapointed me that they added alot of South American teams, but teams like Chelsea and Liverpool still aren't officially licensed.

+ the fact that the Master League is still shit.

What he said. However, you have to pay for License, so they can't get everyones, if you REALLY have your set on the kits and badges get a Xbox Live Camera and take pictures.

• 3 months later...

It's a pretty good game, I prefer FIFA overall still though.

I don't mind not having the licenses, although it seems strange playing the Champions League with half the teams being unofficial. I also think you should be able to play the Europa League outside of Master League.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Have to agree with the OP,this games total dog shit! Picked it up for 99p for some easy score but at 700G after a day or so im bored stupid.also just found out the only MP achievement is now unobtainable meaning no 100%! im left with a choice,play another 9 seasons for the decication achievement & a handful of other miscellanious ones OR sling this shit in the bin! No brainer really! How this franchise has fallen from grace.first pes ive bought (for 99p lol) in years and wow itll be the last! Fifas far from perfect but this is just terrible!