Microsoft Flight Achievements Breakdown

Ariose

ACHIEVEMENTS MICROSOFT FLIGHT BREAKDOWN

LAST UPDATE: 27/01/2013

This is no roadmap or achievement guide. Microsoft Flight Players can use this list as a quick reference of the released aircraft/content and what you need to buy for all achievements. For solutions, please look at the sticky in the list of topics.

TOTAL: 32 Achievements / 1000G

http://avatar.xboxlive.com/global/t.4d5308d2/marketplace/0/4d5308d2e0000001

Free (1)

The achievement in the list below are free and fairly easy to get.

Fledgling Career 5G [buggy (*1)]

Complete Tutorial 1: Flight Essentials.

Crashtastic 5G

1st catastrophic crash.

Download a Free Preview 15G

Download an aircraft preview from the hangar.

Aerocache Neophyte 10G

Find any 5 Aerocaches.

Fly Buddy 30G

Fly multiplayer with a Microsoft Flight Team member or with anyone who has earned this achievement.

G-LOC 10G

Reach 12 positive G's.

Redout 10G

Reach 6 negative G's.

Inverted 30G

Accumulate 1 hour of inverted flight.

Inverted Down Low 30G

Fly less than 10 feet above the ground or water, upside down, at over 150 knots.

Dizzy 30G

Complete 5 consecutive spins.

Silent and Deadly 30G

Successful landing with empty fuel tanks.

Stearman Landing Master 40G

Earn gold on all Stearman landing challenges.

Tormentor 20G

Frighten 10 or more passengers while flying jobs.

TOTAL: 13 Achievements / 265G

Free (2)

The achievement in the list below are free but require lots of effort. Getting some paid DLC will make it a lot easier because there are more activities, Aerocaches and planes with different handling. There are few free Aerocaches in the game, so if you want that achievement you need to wait until they make a Aerocache of the Day available on the big island and that could take a long time.

Ten Aerocaches of the Day 20G

Find 10 Aerocaches of the Day.

Aerocache Hound 35G

Find any 50 Aerocaches.

Pentacontacache 50G

Find 50 Aerocaches of the Day.

XP Grinder 75G [unobtainable (*2)]

Exceed 500,000 total XP.

TOTAL: 4 Achievements / 280G

CONCLUSION: 18 FREE Achievements / 495G

http://avatar.xboxlive.com/global/t.4d5308d2/marketplace/0/4d5308d200010001

Hawaiian Adventure Pack (PAID)

This DLC pack is needed to access the rest of the Hawaiian Islands, missions and to get a new plane for a landing achievement.

Aerobat 40G

Complete the Aerobatics Competition mission.

RV-6A Landing Master 40G

Earn gold on all RV-6A landing challenges.

Military Brat 20G

Land at all military airfields in Hawaii.

Hawaii Explorer 50G

Land at all Hawaiian airports.

Mission Accomplished 75G

Complete all Hawaii missions.

Icon A5 Landing Master 30G

Earn gold on all Icon A5 landing challenges.

Gold Rush 40G

Earn gold on Hilo, Windfarm, and Ford Island Gold Rush challenges.

TOTAL: 7 Achievements/ 295G

http://avatar.xboxlive.com/global/t.4d5308d2/marketplace/0/4d5308d200020001

Maule M-7-260C (PAID)

This DLC is needed to be able to take jobs which involves cargo and passengers. Also there is a landing achievement for this plane.

Flying Zoologist 20G

Fly light cargo missions and deliver 6 varieties of animals.

Under the Radar 40G

Transport 4 tons of clandestine cargo with at least 80% cargo security.

Backwards 50G [buggy (*3)]

Land a fixed wing aircraft backwards.

Maule M-7-260C Landing Master 50G

Earn gold on all Maule M-7-260C landing challenges.

TOTAL: 4 Achievements / 160G

http://avatar.xboxlive.com/global/t.4d5308d2/marketplace/0/4d5308d200030000

North American P-51 Mustang (PAID)

This DLC is needed to get the only plane which is able to get a high enough speed or altitude.

Mach 1 20G

Exceed Mach 1.

32K 40G

Fly to over 32,000 feet above sea level.

TOTAL: 2 Achievements / 60G

Honerably Mentions:

This achievement are just here to make it complicated.

Hawaiian Advanture Pack AND Maule M-7-260C:

Princely Cargo 20G

Deliver cargo to Princeville Airport on the island of Kauai.

Maui Bound 20G

Transport happy and satisfied passengers to Kahului airport on Maui.

TOTAL: 2 Achievements / 40G

(*1): Fixed!

(*2): Fixed!

(*3): This achievement might also unlock randomly, even without this DLC.

Microsoft Flight support is discontinued, I hope you had like me much fun with the game. I have played it for a long time and supported the developer by buying almost every plane. It was a wonderful experience!

Edited by Ariose
Updating list or fixed some error's.

Downloadable Content [After Release]

http://avatar.xboxlive.com/global/t.4d5308d2/marketplace/0/4d5308d200060001

Journey to Alaska Pack (PAID)

Continue the Microsoft Flight experience in the Alaskan Wilderness Pack, with over 586,000 square miles of aviation playground to test your piloting skills against the brutal weather and majestic terrain of Alaska. The Cub Crafters Carbon Cub is also included as a Basic Aircraft (no cockpit included), an iconic bush plane capable of getting into and out of the most demanding locations.

This DLC pack is needed to access Alaska area and missions.

Liquid Airstrip 25G

Perform a water assisted landing in a non-amphibious aircraft.

Airborne Mountaineer 25G

Perform a landing above 16,000 feet.

Alaskan Gold Mine 50G

Earn gold on each Gold Rush and Challenge Course in the Alaska Wilderness Pack.

Alaska Landing Master 50G

Earn gold on 7 landing challenges from the Alaska Wilderness Pack.

Northern Exposure 25G

Deliver cargo or passengers to Wiley Post (PABR) at Barrow, Alaska.

Centi-Explorer 100G

Land at 100 different airports around the world.

TOTAL DLC: 6 Achievements / 275G

TOTAL Main game and DLC: 38 Achievements / 1275G

Notes:

- Some achievements you can also get with newely release aircraft or content. However I put the achievement under the Aircraft or content it was achievable first.

- Deleted the prices of the extra content, since Microsoft uses different prices for every region.

Other DLC Aircraft [Not needed for achievements]

But they can still be fun because of the changing experiences! It is a shame but there is only one deluxe aircraft with cockpit left. Still it is very fun to play with and land in the cold and desolate areas of Alaska.

http://avatar.xboxlive.com/global/t.4d5308d2/marketplace/0/4d5308d200090001

Carbon Cub DLX (deluxe) [CARGO]

Explore the exciting world of bush flying and get those hard-to-reach Aerocaches in the Carbon Cub! Cub Crafters' modern, high-performance aircraft reinvents the classic plane using carbon fiber, computer-aided design, and sporting a lightweight 180-hp engine for spectacular performance. Expand your world: This versatile, cargo-capable aircraft allows you to take off and land just about anywhere!

http://avatar.xboxlive.com/global/t.4d5308d2/marketplace/0/4d5308d200080001

C-46 (basic) [CARGO]

A king-sized bush plane that's perfect for the wilds of Alaska, the C-46 was originally built as a cargo and troop transport during WWII. This twin-engine aircraft can carry up to 17,000 pounds of fuel and cargo to almost any remote and rugged landing strip. Its relatively high cruise speed of 200 kts and max range of 1500 miles make it the perfect cargo aircraft for Alaska. No cockpit is included.

http://avatar.xboxlive.com/global/t.4d5308d2/marketplace/0/4d5308d200070001

F4U (basic) [HIGH SPEED]

Conquer the hoops courses in the F4U! With its large prop and inverted gull wings, the F4U was an iconic mainstay of Allied aviation during World War II. It was also featured in a late 1970's TV series based on Marine Corps Fighter Squadron 214. This version is the F4U-1D, which has a powerful 2100 hp, 18-cylinder radial engine. Its speed and high roll rates make it a perfect formation partner with other warbirds. No cockpit included.

http://avatar.xboxlive.com/global/t.4d5308d2/marketplace/0/4d5308d200180001

Red Tails P-51 (basic) [HIGH SPEED][TEMPORARY FREE]

Celebrate aviation history with the RED TAILS P-51 Mustang! This plane was made famous by the Tuskegee Airmen, who proved themselves in the skies during WWII, even as they battled discrimination on the ground. This special aircraft is brought to you by Microsoft Studios and RED TAILS. RED TAILS is available on DVD and Blu-ray. Learn more at youtube.com/RedTailsMovie.

http://avatar.xboxlive.com/global/t.4d5308d2/marketplace/0/4d5308d200050001

P-40 (basic) [HIGH SPEED] This plane is also needed for a mandatory landing challenge.

Famous for its "shark mouth" paint jobs, the P-40 was one of the most popular Allied fighter planes in WWII. This classic aircraft's agility makes it ideal for tests of maneuverability such as collecting Aerocaches. The version in Microsoft Flight is the P-40B, with a 1000 HP in-line V-12 engine and a top speed of over 300 knots. No Cockpit view is included.

http://avatar.xboxlive.com/global/t.4d5308d2/marketplace/0/4d5308d200040001

Mitsubishu A6M2 Zero (basic) [HIGH SPEED]

The Mitsubishi A6M2 Zero was the primary fighter of the Japanese Navy Air Service from 1940 to 1945 and, when introduced, was considered the most capable carrier-based fighter in the world. This download captures the essence of this agile light-weight fighter, which is perfect for challenges requiring speed and high maneuverability. The A6M2 Zero is an external-only aircraft model. No cockpit view is included.

Have fun Playing the Game!

Edited by Ariose

Thanks for the feedback. You're right about "Gold Rush". But the question is do you also need the Hawaiian Adventure Pack for it. About "Tormentor" I'm not so sure. It involves passengers, or can you also get this achievement in the big tour mission 'job'?

You can take a passenger jobs for Tormentor in the any plane. It just means doing the $100 Hamburger job again and again.

The Maule is the only plane currently available that can be used for cargo though & regular pasenger jobs though. :(

NOTE: Getting some paid DLC will make it a lot easier because there are more activities, Aerocaches and planes with different handling. Also I don’t know if there are enough free Aerocaches in the game. I would really be happy if a person could verify that.

If you want the 50 Aerocaches achievement you have to wait for "daily Aerocache" there are 13 Aerocaches available for the Free-Trail.

Edited by XboxFreak36

HERE is a link to a thread discussing the "Fledgling Career" Glitch, with a confirmed fix. Three people (including myself) have had the achievement glitch for them and reported back saying this has worked for them;

Quit the game,

Restart game,

Sign in,

Achievement should pop.

Very simple fix, but Maybe worth adding a note or something if ayone turns this into a guide.

EDIT: I have found that the achievement does not show on xbox.com, but when I look in game at the guide it shows as achieved.

Edited by BluWolve

Glad I stumbled upon this thread. I've updated our list accordingly.

If there is ever another plane that comes out that can be used for the two that require both the Hawaiian pack and a cargo plane, I'll update that category so people can have the cheapest option (assuming the new plane is cheaper).

Edited by The Pants Party

@The Pants Party. I did make some mistakes while making the list. See the list below for changes.

Changes [02/03/2012]:

- Icon A5 Landing missions from Free to Hawaiian Adventure Pack.

Reason: In the Free 2 Play version you can only access three of the six challenges.

- Tormentor from Maule M-7-260C to Free.

Reason: You can do it in any plane in the Free 2 Play Job $100 Hamburger.

- Gold Rush: From Maule M-7-260C to Hawaiian Adventure Pack.

Reason: I've just put this achievement in the wrong list and only the first two (of three) Gold Rush challenges are Free 2 Play.

Thanks you for all the help, I'm looking forward for more feedback. ;)

Edited by Ariose
Fixed some error's

[unobtainible]

- The 'XP Grinder' achievement might be 100% bugged. Can someone confirm this, please?

[buggy]

- BluWolve is the 'Fledgling Career' achievement the only achievement where that happens? Please let me know if there is a fix.

[Question]

- For the 'Backwards' achievement is obtainable by flying against the wind. There is a Maule M-7-260C landing mission that have wind-speed of 40 knots. Has somebody also encountered such high speeds in Free Flight? Please confirm and if not then I will change that achievement from free to the Maule M-7-260C DLC.

Edited by Ariose

[unobtainible]

- The 'XP Grinder' achievement might be 100% bugged. Can someone confirm this, please?

[Question]

- For the 'Backwards' achievement is obtainable by flying against the wind. There is a Maule M-7-260C landing mission that have wind-speed of 40 knots. Has somebody also encountered such high speeds in Free Flight? Please confirm and if not then I will change that achievement from free to the Maule M-7-260C DLC.

XP Grinder didn't unlock for me, and nobody on TA has it. I'm close to 700k now. I've emailed MS Flight support to see what they have to say.

The final Maule challenge has a 60 kt headwind. This is the only place that I've found that has winds that high and was where I got the backwards achievement very easily.

Edit:

Just got a reply back from Microsoft

On Sun, Mar 4, 2012 at 10:13 AM, <[email protected]> wrote:

Hi Eric!

Thanks for the email. The XP Grinder achievement is a known glitch -- it will be fixed with the next update and applied retroactively to everyone who's earned enough XP.

Edited by rekikire

XP Grinder didn't unlock for me, and nobody on TA has it. I'm close to 700k now. I've emailed MS Flight support to see what they have to say.

The final Maule challenge has a 60 kt headwind. This is the only place that I've found that has winds that high and was where I got the backwards achievement very easily.

Edit:

Just got a reply back from Microsoft

On Sun, Mar 4, 2012 at 10:13 AM, <[email protected]> wrote:

Hi Eric!

Thanks for the email. The XP Grinder achievement is a known glitch -- it will be fixed with the next update and applied retroactively to everyone who's earned enough XP.

Any tips on tfinal Maule landing?

Changes [04/03/2012]

- 'XP Grinder' achievement marked as unobtainable, with note to the statement of the development team.

- 'Fledgling Career' achievement marked as buggy, with link to possible fix.

- 'Backwards' achievement from free to Maule M-7-260C. The reason is, that the sixth landing mission of the Maule is the only place to get it normally. The achievement has been reported to unlock at strange times without this challenge. That's why I also mark it as buggy.

Thanks for all the feedback, looking forward for more. I'm a little bit in doubt to make a guide or/and roadmap because as some of you probably has noticed, my English isn't always completely correct.

[EDIT: Pfff, you can see that I'm new here. Stupid character limit, should have reserverd a second en third post.]

Edited by Ariose

whenever i try to land backwards my plane just stalls and end up going like a pancake into the ground.

Does anyone have any tips as to exactly what i should be doing?

Don't set your throttle at 0% but at 'x'%. The 'x' is the percentage when you're are still going 60knots. Keep it at that speed and you will slowly reverse.

Don't set your throttle at 0% but at 'x'%. The 'x' is the percentage when you're are still going 60knots. Keep it at that speed and you will slowly reverse.

Where can i go and wha plane should i do this in? some have said the Icon and other said the Maule.

@Maca0716,

You need the Maule M-7-260C DLC for the backward achievement.

Then after you finished the landings mission 1-5 you will unlock mission 6. In this mission you're above the observatory in a storm. Fly past the landing-zone and make a 180 degree turn. Now you flying against the wind. Slowly reduce you're throttle until you have a speed of 60 knots. At that time you should be hanging at the end of the landing-zone. Keep you the Maule as long as you can in the air and you will slowly reverse. Watch out that you aren't too high, because if you will fall to hard you will crash.

Some people have been lucky and unlocked it without actually landing backwards but that's not the normal way.

[EDIT: Congratulations. ;)]

@The Pants Party, Thank you!