What do you all think?

Beau Coup Dinky Dau

It's a great family game; the gameplay is simple enough for children to grasp... and yet depending on what team/scenario you are up against, it can be very challenging too.

I'm not sure how much fun you'd have with this game solo -- and always hard to tell how long a game like this will be actively played on Xbox Live, eh? -- but if you have family members to play with/against, it's a blast.

P.S. Most of the achievements are simple, except perhaps for the one which requires you to beat all of the hard scenarios, "Freebooter" (which is also prerequisite for "King's Pardon"), so I'd expect to see a lot of folks with 200/200 on this one.

Haven't played online yet, is the multiplayer in a "team" format?

Yes it plays as 2 vs 2 or a larger 4 vs 4.

You wait in a lobby until it fills up and can swap teams there (never allows more than 4 players on the same colour in 4v4, so no unbalanced games unless people quit mid-game). The map is picked at random, though you are shown a quick image of it before it loads, along with the required number of towns you need to get.

Once in the game it plays largely the same as single player, just with the other ships on your side controlled by the other players and you can communicate with them if they have a mic. I've found it to be really fun and sociable, though that of course depends on the groups you are playing with

I wasn't sure about it at first, though I've been looking forward to it since I first heard about it.

I downloaded the trial and didn't REALLY have a need to buy it until the third stage (the Hard first tier one). I don't regret buying it at all, especially at 800 points.

I'd tell you to play the trial if you can't decide. And if you have then buy it; there is a LOT worse out there for 800 points.

• 3 weeks later...

Personally I think this game is fantastic! I kind of feel bad for the developers, according to Mygamercard, only about 8,000 or so people have bought it so far. The credits list for this game is pretty extensive. The Certain Affinity guys must have lost their shirts over this! With a bunch more challenges, this could have probably been a full $40 game or so.

I hope more people buy it too. It takes too long to find a match-up in 2v2 sometimes.

This is a very good multiplayer game. If you like war strategy at all, you'll love this. My only gripe is that teams with mics will have a major upper-hand. I always play 2v2 with a partner that uses voice. If the other team doesn't have mics, they get smashed. If they do, it's a much better match.

Add me if you need a partner. I can't get enough of this game.

• 1 month later...

The solo-challenges are a lot of fun, until you have to depend on you AI-Teammates to work together with you. Those guys are incredibly stupid. If you could have given them basic commands (stay/follow/attack that/...) the game would have been much much better. Still fun, but sometimes very annoying.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...