does it take longer to 1k than warriors orochi 2?

velho lobodomar

Getting to 950 in this isn't hard or time consuming.... getting that last 50 points is a grind.

I haven't played DW6 in a while, but here's what I said when I wrote the achievement guide:

"It is not a difficult achievement, it is a time consuming one. Allow me to break it down. There are 41 characters, who need a total of 2009 levels gained for this achievement. Let's assume, that doing the other 950 achievement points you got 4 characters to level 50 and 20 characters to level 20, which knocks 576 off the total needed. This leaves 1433 levels to gain. Let's assume you're using two controllers. Let's assume an average of two levels gained, per character, per scenario. Let's say you can complete a scenario (Loading screens, prep, fighting) every 5 minutes. 12 scenarios an hour, makes 48 levels an hour. Doing the math, this leaves you at just under 30 hours of grinding levels at absolute maximum efficiency. Doing 360 Castle He Fei speed runs in a row is not something one will likely be able to manage without severe psychological trauma."

You've got 1000 in Orochi 2... decide for yourself which sounds worse.

i did not look for this in the guide, because i like to do some achievements "unaware" of them in my first playthrough, and reading a guide spoils it a bit :)

but thanks a lot for bringing this information for me. in orochi 2, what takes time is farming proficiency (2730 levels needed), and if remembered it well, i finished everything possible still missing about 2000 levels.

but in wo2 you can gain 5 prof. levels per speed run in the best stage, against 2 exp levels in dw6, well, i think it takes even longer :(

i really like dynasty warriors, but i don´t know if i still have the guts to grind the same level countless times again :uzi:

I don't mind doing speed runs on He Fei Castle, I always look forward to demolishing the Wu main camp and getting a quick thousand kills :/. However I'm coming to the point where I'm running out of characters I enjoy playing the level with (and levelling them up).

Warriors Orochi is a lot of work you have to get 50 proficiency with all the characters just to unlock one stage :/. Then you have to complete ALL stages on ALL difficulties..

Dynasty Warriors levelling of characters in my eyes is easy, its the chaos difficulty target which is the hardest for me :(.

It's not hard, it's just time consuming as all hell... and boring. I've done He Fei a couple hundred times now, and as you say, running out of characters you like playing makes it even harder. There are a lot of CRAP characters to play in DW6 (Wei Yan, anyone?).

Chaos mode is pretty easy with SSX or Yue Ying and a 90+ Power Flash weapon.

I am glad I enjoy these games enough to deal with trying to get the achievements. DW6 is definatly longer than WO2, and I am trying to finish up both but with Empires coming out in June, I am focusing alot on DW6 than Orochi. My goal is 1000 before Empires is out. I would not want to grind a single level though. Ofcourse I am also picky where I dont like playing characters that are too out of place. When I level up Wei Yan, it is in on Shu's side. Though for Dong Zhuo and Zhang Jiao, me and my brother co-op on Lu Bu stages.

Did not notice the post before but for Warriors Orochi 2 you do NOT need to get all characters to 50 prof. Just 6 of em, Liu Bei, Sun Quan, Cao Cao, Nobunaga Oda, Ieyasu Tokugawa, and Hideyoshi Toyotomi. Though I kinda want to get all characters to 50 prof just to complete the gallery. I almost have all to lvl 99, well..my lowest character level is about 65, but compared to the 1st, where I had 3 99's, but tons of 1's, I was more even.

Did not notice the post before but for Warriors Orochi 2 you do NOT need to get all characters to 50 prof. Just 6 of em, Liu Bei, Sun Quan, Cao Cao, Nobunaga Oda, Ieyasu Tokugawa, and Hideyoshi Toyotomi. Though I kinda want to get all characters to 50 prof just to complete the gallery. I almost have all to lvl 99, well..my lowest character level is about 65, but compared to the 1st, where I had 3 99's, but tons of 1's, I was more even.

you dont need to have all characters level 50 proficiency, but you need 2730 global proficiency levels, so you have to level a bunch of them to 50 anyway.

• 2 years later...