Achievement Discussion

L3giOn

wooo! just got Marathon Mogul, Collapse Master, and Oyster-Meister all in the same game! =] so stoked.

haven't got the 100 games yet.

I figure if i don't have it by the time i get the rest then I'll boost it but why do it now when there's more achieves that need to be done! lol

• 1 month later...
Is there a place where I can see how close I am to the 100 games played? I've had this game since launch and I used to play a lot but no achievement. Is there like a website to show this? or should I just count from 1 starting now?

Thanks!

I'm afraid there is no way to know for sure. Just keep going and it will unlock! :)

• 3 weeks later...

for some reason the hexic info never loads grrrrrrr i got all the ach except pooh bah i had all 6 black pearls five lined up and one out of place then clustered three by accident so gay almost a million in marathon though ive tried to build a master grid but keep clustering by mistake ugh lol idk how ppl get so many multiplier for one color for their mmcs its hard

Yes, unfortunately hexic.info is dead. The admins had pretty much abandoned it a while ago.

The best advice I can give you is patience. Nothing is forcing you to make moves, so double, triple, and quadruple check your moves before you pull the trigger. If for any reason you are not 100% confident that you will not cause a collapse, don't make a move. Hasty moves never got anyone this achievement.

As for multiplier farming, you MUST have a master grid, and it's advisable that you have it up in the first level before the stars begin to fall.

• 2 months later...
Yes, unfortunately hexic.info is dead. The admins had pretty much abandoned it a while ago.

I posted this in another thread, but thought it might be useful in this stickied thread since hexic.info is mentioned a lot.

Hexic.info is still available at

http://web.comhem.se/~u77401132/hexic/index.html

I imagine the owner just let the hexic.info DNS entry expire.

Also, I found these videos helpful:

Master Grid Pt 1

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-b0coskAfM]‪Hexic HD Master Grid Guide pt 1.‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

In the video, you can click the green annotation to get to Part 2. Then click the next annotation to see how to go from a Masters Grid to a Poobah.

Note: I did not make the videos. They were just ones I found which were most helpful to me.

Edit: Got the Poobah today. I only made the bottom 3 rows of the Masters Grid, then one more Star on the 4th row, on the left. I continued making stars there, moving them to safety down below. After a bomb, I would make a pearl and move it to the bottom left. (I waited until after a bomb since the pearl messes up some of your grid, giving you less control.)

I would then rebuild my 3/5th's grid and continue as above, making a pearl after a bomb. After the 5th pearl and moving it to the bottom left, I didn't bother rebuilding. Instead I made my 6th pearl in the bottom right area, moved it, and made the Poobah.

An extra piece of advice:

Get rid of colored star multiplier pieces. When combined with a bomb, every tile of that color will be wiped out, wreaking havoc on your grid. Only defuse a bomb with one as a last resort.

I still feel I got lucky. Most of my bombs were very easy to defuse.

Edited by MathGuy42

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I regret even starting this game. I think I had it for free when I got my Xbox or something. Little did I know then that two of the achievements would be next to impossible to achieve.

I've seen videos, tutorials, etc....but I just can't get the last two achievements (Grand Pearl Pooh-Bah and Big Cheese of the South Seas). I got my 10th achievement back in November of 2008. I've tried off and on since then to get the last two but no luck.

I just can't seem to set up a grid without it being destroyed somehow. The game is fun, but this makes me hate it because I can't finish.:mad:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
This games achievements absolutely, ergghh!! I hate how they make arcade games with impossible achievements, then some full 360 games have super easy achievements.

This game is very difficult but I guess that can be expected because it is a puzzle game.

• 9 months later...

I've done this game a few times now, helping out my brothers and a couple friends, I found this video which still helped my out quite a bit.

In the video the master grid is made and he has the first black pearl in less than 8 minutes.

Whilst I took a lot longer to get the grid made, previously I had always made the master grid from the bottom up. After watching this video I found it infinitely easier to make the grid from the top because you can make the star flower and the new silver star will fall back into the correct position in the grid.

I also found this video very handy

In this video he gets both of the black earl achievements in the same game, I've read on other threads that this was possible but very difficult. I copied what was done in this video and got both achievements so I can confirm that this layout WILL get you both achievements together.

Hopefully this helps anyone still trying to get this game finished.

(I couldn't figure out how to embed the videos so if anyone can do that or let me know I can change it)

Cheers,

Matt

Edited by leviathan937