How HARD really is FUBAR?

JMNELSON

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, the game's main point was team work.Yes, with some of you guy call Lugo & Adams are dumb.

But they really draw the attention from enemies.

Shot those damned who shot you teammates and order your teammates to shot who shot you.

That's the most simply tip I can figure out.

• 2 weeks later...

Hardest sections definitely have to be:

Beginning of chapter 6

Chapter 13, fending off enemies away from Adams

Chapter 14, that first fucking corner is such a bitch. I died so many times no matter how much I took my time sniping everyone

And lastly, that march up the hill in chapter 14 where there's two turrets and soldiers everywhere, right after you fire rocket launcher at nest. It's a gauntlet of relentless and unparalleled fuckery. I must have tried it 50+ times.

• 1 month later...

Are we talking COD 4 difficulty? Or COD World at War difficulty?

The difference being one is a challenge, they other is the game literally cheating...

Dark souls difficulty is at least fair... I haven't finished it but I play demons souls all the way and found that yeah it was hard, yeah I wanted to throw my controller (and often did) but it was fair... Generally if U die in dark souls ita because you did something wrong, not that the game gets you with a cheap cheat shot.

Four hours. Lol. I guess you guys also did COD 2, 4 and WaW in one day too? I'm not gonna go all out and say ur lying, but just playing it steady, taking your time (which you kinda have to do to avoid insta-death) the game would take that long just to play thru. So you must have hardly died at all! The first 3 chapters have taken me nearly an hour, mainly due to daft AI, or being forced out of cover to save my "team". So far I would put this up there with veteran difficulty on CoD 2, or Insane on Gears. Not impossible but certainly requiring sensible use of cover routes, accurate shooting and a healthy dollop of good fortune towards friendly AI and damn grenades!

• 4 weeks later...

I'm currently 3 hours in on my Fubar playthrough. I managed to make it to chapter 10-2 (the part when you are on the side of the truck with the grenade launcher). So far Fubar hasn't been to difficult for me, but I'm pretty good at games in general. Some tips that have helped me in bullet point format:

-417 assault rifle: This gun is amazing. 1 shot to head on most enemies with 2-3 shots to the body. It also has a 4x scope, use it.

-Let your teammates do a lot of the killing you can't do. You kill the guys that you can kill, but let your teammates take care of the ones who are in a position to kill you. An example of this would be enemies who are elevated above you. Instead of popping out risking to take him out, utilize your team.

-When stuck in a situation, change up your strategy. I remember early on, I think it was chapter 5. I died like 3 times so I changed up my plan. Instead of guns a blazing, I spammed my grenades to get the AI to dive or get stunned. Then I picked them off.

-Take your time. There is no rush so stay behind cover for 10 minutes if you have to.

-When aiming with LT, clicking in the right joystick changes the angle of which you can hit targets at. Utilize this feature.

-Popping out of cover to shoot someone is not always the best idea. Rather detach yourself from cover and then crouch. Slowly side step out of cover to pick off the enemy and then side step back. Normally when you pop up you can get hit from multiple angles. When you do the strategy I just mentioned, the only person that can hit you is the person you're picking off.

Using these strats I steam rolled through chapters 1-5 in a little over an hour. It's taken me 2 hours to do 6-10. When I wake up I'll finish off the game. I know that chapters 13 and 14 are probably going to be a bit tricky. Keep at it gents, you'll get there.

One last tip. I noticed that when you don't move up, your teammates don't move up. They normally only advance if you tag someone or if you move up. They will sometimes move ahead a little bit, but never to far. Keep this in mind and try to pick out most enemies from as far back as possible so you don't have to deal with your teammates dieing all the damn time. GOOD LUCK!!

Edit: I wanted to add one more tip. I can't stress the importance of vantage points. Always look for the best spot to place yourself for the duration of a fight even if you have to die a few times to find that spot. Once you find a good vantage point then things become a lot easier. Only advance when you're SURE all the enemies are dead or nobody can hit you. We are talking about 2 shot deaths so take your sweet time.

Update: I started playing the game again when I woke up now I'm on chapter 14. Chapter 13 wasn't too bad, but I can see how some people are having trouble on it. Chapter 13 was all about having optimal points for me to have to pick people off. The weapons I had on me during Chapter 13 was a 417 and either an M4a1 or a scar. I definitely died the most on this chapter, but I got through it in under an hour. I wish I had a capture card. I would post walkthroughs on how to make it through. Right now I'm on the middle of chapter 14. I'm at the point where there is a big battle with 2 turrets and a bunch of soldiers. It's the big battle right before the Juggernaut that Walker envisions as Lugo. This part seems to be the toughest part for me because of the damned turrets, so I decided to take a break. I'm currently 4 Hours and 35 minutes exactly in on my Fubar playthrough. I'll update once again when I beat the game.

Final Update: I finished the game and cleaned up the few remaining achievements I had to do. My fubar playthrough clocked in at 4 hours 48 minutes 44 seconds. That's not too long considering my suicide playthrough took me 4 hours and 46 minutes. As for some closing remarks, just keep at it and you'll eventually overcome this game. When you start to get frustrated, take a break and comeback to it. You'll do better the next time you come to it. Also, TURN ON AIM ASSIST. I did both suicide and fubar without aim assist because I didn't know it existed. I probably wouldn't have turned it on anyway due to pride issues, but that's besides the point. I cleaned up my remaining cheevos on easy and aim assist was automatically on. It made the aiming MUCH easier. If you get stuck, don't hesitate to use aim assist. With that said, I'm sending this game back to gamefly. If anyone needs some tips feel free to message me me here or on XBL. My gamertag is lilsting.

Difficulty 5/10? I don't think so...........

I've played alot of tough games but this one takes the cake!

My teammates suck, the AI are invincible and can kill you with one shot.

Heavies.............good luck with them. Checkpoints? (frustrating)

The game was enjoyable up until I got to the Fubar difficulty and it has been one frustrating moment after another. I just don't understand how people can enjoy this.

I'm all for a challenge, but not a heart attack from anger. If this wasn't a rental for me I would tie the disc to the bottom of my shoe and go skatting on my concrete driveway!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

flip a coin on this difficulty, you can do the same thing 100 times, and every time you will have a completely different outcome. Overall, it's not difficult, just frustrating. People say the AI are idiots, but as far as most games are concerned, I didn't think your teammates were half bad, they actually kill people, unlike COD where they just shoot, and nothing happens. lol

It is certainly difficult at certain points.. beginning of Chapter 6, Storming the Gate (I forget the chapter and mostly due to your AI teammates getting downed in open areas); Chapters 13 and 14 are difficult, but doable with some patience and perseverance. I'm currently on Fubar at the beginning of ch. 14.. should finish it tonight.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm in chapter 11 so far and I didn't had much trouble. Got surpringly well trough the part at the beginning of chapter 6.

Bit afraid about the beginning of chapter 13, were Adams goes auto down, as I am used to taking my sweet time. Also the part with the 2 bunkers in chater 14 could end up being pretty tough.

• 2 weeks later...

Guys, the only problems I had on my first playthrough on Suicide Mission were in mission 10 - garages and mission 14 - two bunkers, otherwise it was easy.

I just started my second playthough on Fubar, so I want to ask, are there changes in no. of enemies? And what about chapter 13?- people say it´s the hardest one, but on Suicide i died like 5 times maximally i think.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Gametime doesn't count deaths and restarts, most on fubar are probably skipping cut scenes which I'm guessing is counted on the clock as well. My sui run was 5 hrs and it damn sure took longer then that. I've noticed just ordering your squad is the way to do it and just hang back in cover, it's gonna blow once you lose both of 'em for a chapter or two I hate the game grenade spamming.

• 1 month later...

I just finished my FUBAR playthrough the other day and it was pretty tough in some parts. But most of the game was fairly easy. If you can get past the beginning of chapter 6 where you are by yourself, then you can beat the rest of the game. Make sure to look at the FUBAR tips and tricks before you start this difficulty. Keep trying and dont give up!

• 3 weeks later...

After my suicidal run, I kept thinking that chapter 13 and 14 would be the hardest on FUBAR. Well, I haven't been there yet, but I got totally slaughtered on chapter 6 first section. It took me over 4 hours (with a dinner break in between) to get lucky.

Thereafter, it was pretty plain-sailing, so far. I'm up to 10-2 so far. Even the infamous chopper attack in chapter 6 and the garage section is chapter 10 wasn't that hard as I managed to one-time them...

Hopefully I could get past the rest by the end of the week.

Edited by neeker75

Finally done with FUBAR. It's really hard, but the hardest part for me is still Chapter 6, the first part when you're alone with only 5 bullets. I made so many stupid mistakes there, and the more it went on, the more frustrated I became, leading to more deaths.

Chapter 13 first part was manageable if you take cover way, way behind. Adams will not die so it's a matter of picking off the first two waves of enemies, and then take out the heavy with the SCAR's explosive ammo. I didn't really have a problem with the yacht part on suicidal, and didn't have a problem on FUBAR either. I ran all the way up the yacht and took out every enemy coming in, while dodging some grenades along the way.

The other part I had major problems with is, strangely, chapter 14 first part. I spent about 2.5 hours there, constantly dying in cheap deaths while trying to save Adams. Taking the bunker turret and then the gatehouse took only a couple of reloads. While taking the bunker, Adams will not die so I just abused him all the way, having him attack everyone on the map. Worked really well!

And for those who're wondering about chapter select, I did my FUBAR run on chapter select, and didn't play the initial part on the chopper at all. The achievement still unlocked. So as long as the FUBAR completion logo is on all the chapters when you select chapter, the achievement should unlock without having to start a new game.

• 2 months later...
Beat Suicide in around 5 hours. I returned it back to gamefly because I didn't want to go through on FUBAR. I really didn't have any trouble beating it on suicide until I got to Save Goul/Let him die. After that, parts were slightly challenging, but not impossible. Chapters 10 - 14 certainly were challenging.

So, is FUBAR extremely difficult? Should I re - rent it for my 1000G?

It's fucked up beyond all recognition.

Chapters 6, 13, and 14, specifically.

-M