Chapter 8, Encore 3 Tip

So, guys, if you've gotten to Encore 3 of Chapter 8, you probably want to punch some babies. Or kittens. Or cannons.

I just could not get through this level. COULD NOT. Didn't matter if I memorized the patterns or restarted upon death...nothing I tried would help.

Then I got frustrated, found a bread tie, and trapped the right joystick in the upward position. Once I could see the red effers coming quicker, I got through it first try.

tl;dr

Find a way to keep your right stick UP!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

if you use that "shoot self to jump super-high" method you can almost get to the end, bit easier ;D just shoot the "Ball" out.. dont know the official name of the weapon. and jump on it- might take a few tries but beats doing it normally lol. sorry for bad explanation lol

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
So, guys, if you've gotten to Encore 3 of Chapter 8, you probably want to punch some babies. Or kittens. Or cannons.

I just could not get through this level. COULD NOT. Didn't matter if I memorized the patterns or restarted upon death...nothing I tried would help.

Then I got frustrated, found a bread tie, and trapped the right joystick in the upward position. Once I could see the red effers coming quicker, I got through it first try.

tl;dr

Find a way to keep your right stick UP!

Im probably way late but this actually worked for me. Funny as it felt tying a bread tie to my controller (i had to use tape also) - i got it done pretty quick

• 3 months later...
Im probably way late but this actually worked for me. Funny as it felt tying a bread tie to my controller (i had to use tape also) - i got it done pretty quick

Ridiculous, right?! Luckily, when I got this achievement, I was seeing a guy that had a controller with an optional cord, so I trapped the bread tie under the wire part that sticks into the controller to allow it to work without batteries. Worked like a charm.