I'm not a Great Driver

hectorpuppet

I don't know if you've ever played trials, but it's sort of like that. You have to kind of shift your weight using the left analogue stick. Get the car so it's resting all it's wheels on the side of the first small vertical rock then boost a bit to get on top of it. Stop on the side of the rock with the pumpkin on it and again get the car to lean on the rock. The car should be almost vertical. Then boost to get to the top, but don't go zooming over the edge. Stop on top and then boost and push the analogue stick back and soon as you touch the other side, push forward and you should land safely on the other side. That last bit is the hardest part. Took me a few goes, but I got it after a few tries. As I say, It helped having played trials.

The key here is to simply drive slowly and carefully, using the left analog stick to balance your car so that you don't take damage. Boost only when you need to (e.g., gaps). Forget about the game telling you to do somersaults, it's just not worth the risk. The last stage is obviously the hardest due to the large number of rough edges, but almost every rough/ high edge could be overcame simply by holding A long enough. For those that you couldn't, tilt the left analog stick backwards and then try again. I'm not an expert in this either, but I managed 3.8K+, 3.8K+ and 2.5K+ to get the 10K without much problems.

I had more problems with the balloon and boat, because you actually had to do 10K on them, and it gets faster later in the run. I'm just glad these bloody races are out of the way!

Edited by neeker75

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...