Town defense

Larvi

Does anyone know how to increase your town defense. I'm trying for the defend town 5 times achievement so I started a new free play game and I only have 1 town (key west) figuring if I only had one they would have to attack the same one every time.

The problem is that my town defense is only 1 and isn't going up. I'm over 5000 citizens and have quite a few business/residences built up. What's the trick for raising the town's defense?

Ah, thanks. I guess that explains why I'm not getting attacked then. Time to take over a couple of more towns.

Edit - I finally got the D-fense achievement. What was strange though is that I took over 2 cities that a a def rating of 3 and again no matter what I did I couldn't get that to go up. But when I went to war and lost the city, I immediately captured it back and suddenly it had a def rating of 9.

So it looks like another bug where you actually have to lose the city and let it be recaptured to raise the def rating.

Edited by Larvi

it increases with the population. to increase the population you have to increase your businesses in the city. Also in the new Harbor Master DLC, you can build up your defenses, with ALOT of wood, money and bricks, but it will naturally go up with population growth.

Well, I had population over 10000 and it still wouldn't go up from what it was when I orginally captured the city. Once the AI captured it from me however and I took it back the defenses did increase.

Edited by Larvi